Sean Landetta is Back!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
The Igles, I mean Eagles re-signed him as their punter this week, so we will still have a guy who wears a single bar facemask in the League!
smiley4.gif
I was beginning to think I'd never see another one.
smiley32.gif
Good luck Sean!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's cool having a punter who's nearly 44 still kickingwhose pro career goes back to the beginnings of the full-boar implementation of the CasteSystem in the NFL.

And it doesn't say much for black kickers that the Eagles cut Reggie Hodges before signing the aged Landeta. Hodges is the black punter who wasone of the rare punters to bedrafted, by the Rams this year, then cut, signed by Philly then cut again. Looks like Reggie Roby even in death will still be carrying the torch for black kickers.
smiley36.gif

Why is it anyway that none of God's Chosen Athletes who don't make it at other football positions take up kicking just for the paycheck and benefits that go with being a pro football player? Being suchamazing athletes and all, place kicking and punting should be something they can easily pick up and do much betterthan those scrawny white kickers. If they're so strong and always have "cannon arms," then there should be thousands of them with "cannon legs" who can kick the ball in a straight line. Guess it's yet another athletic challenge that not a single black male in America(other than Hodges) has any interest in.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Good point Don! I failed to mention that they cut Hodges. I guess the Igles won't be the first all-black team after all, at least not yet.
smiley36.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Landetta is also 1 of 2 former USFL players still in the league. Doug Flutie is the other one.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Actually, the Cardinals punter, Scott Player, also wears a single bar facemask. He and Landetta are the only ones left. Morten Anderson used to wear a Dungard facemask that was actually illegal because it bolted directly to the top of his helmet. They are supposed to be mounted by clips. He was allowed to use it, and Gary Anderson, Landetta, and Player allowed to use their single bars thanks to a grandfather clause.
Here is Player
t1_player_getty.jpg
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

whiteCB

Master
Yeah Don those "cannnon arms" must really work good look at all those black MLB pitchers. Oh wait I forgot there were only 3 of them starting last year.