Scholarly paper debunking Jon Entine's Taboo

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
This is old news to people here at CF, but Jon Entine's garbage book on black athletic superiority is still the go-to reference for knucklehead DWFs and mainstream media writers when race and athletics are mentioned. I found an extremely concise article that was published (for free and open access) by a gentleman named Ian B. Kerr from Western Michigan University. The link to the article is here:

Hilltop Review, The Myth of Racial Superiority in Sports

I would post it as well, but I can't get the pdf script to copy and paste correctly. I would recommend that everyone here at CF bookmark this in the inevitable event that they run into misinformed Entine acolytes.

freddie

Guru
Thanks for posting this. Unfortunately the paper is a bit disappointing because all it seems to say is: Athletic performance cannot be labeled a race-related phenomenon because race not a valid genetic or biological determinant. That may satisfy a few academics (despite the author not being a PhD); but it will not convince many of the addicted.

davidholly

Mentor
The basic premise behind the black athletic superiority demonstrates how insane liberals are. On one hand they claim you can't breed for intelligence. Then they turn around and say slaveholders bred blacks to be physically gifted but stupid. Of course they then parrot how great blacks are at being athletes and conveniently forget the stupid part.

This is flawed for a number of reasons. First off, blacks are stupid everywhere not just in places where they were formerly slaves. Secondly, as I've already stated on CasteFootball before you don't need to be some stacked behemoth to pick cotton. If anything the ideal body type for harvesting cotton is someone who has nimble fingers, lanky build and a slow metabolism. Animals do most of the heavy lifting.

Hell if I know, maybe the whole of the black races is made up of superior athletes. Maybe that's why they never domesticated any animals. Horses and ox are for weak ass whiteys.

Deus Vult

Mentor
I read Jon Entine's book, what, 15 years or so ago. As I recall, the basic flaw in his thesis and ultimate conclusion is that he claims that negroes dominate sports. They do not. Certain inborn physical traits tend to give a disproportionate number of negroes advantages at certain aspects of certain sports. It is also true that certain inborn physical traits tend to favor (in disproportionate numbers) whites who compete in certain sports, especially at certain positions.

In other words, racial differences on average result in disparity in competition -- and this is true in all fields of endeavor, not just in sports. The other hole in Entine's presentation was that he poo-poo'ed inborn differences in intelligence and psychological makeup. So, the reader is left to assume that from the neck down the races differ in physical traits, but our brains are virtually identical.

white is right

Hall of Famer
The basic premise behind the black athletic superiority demonstrates how insane liberals are. On one hand they claim you can't breed for intelligence. Then they turn around and say slaveholders bred blacks to be physically gifted but stupid. Of course they then parrot how great blacks are at being athletes and conveniently forget the stupid part.

This is flawed for a number of reasons. First off, blacks are stupid everywhere not just in places where they were formerly slaves. Secondly, as I've already stated on CasteFootball before you don't need to be some stacked behemoth to pick cotton. If anything the ideal body type for harvesting cotton is someone who has nimble fingers, lanky build and a slow metabolism. Animals do most of the heavy lifting.

Hell if I know, maybe the whole of the black races is made up of superior athletes. Maybe that's why they never domesticated any animals. Horses and ox are for weak ass whiteys.
Here's Ronnie Coleman fanning himself because "it's too hot". He would have lasted all of 5 minutes in a cotton field or rice paddy.....:icon_mrgreen:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckdt9k60he8