San Francisco 49ers General Thread

Warhawk_46

Master
They are just eager for the anomaly that is a super productive white running back to disappear

I really hope Louis Rees-Zammit becomes mccaffrey 2.0
Will Shipley is our next feature back.

I think we all believe strongly that Carson Steele, if he gets a chance, has the ability to be a very good feature back as well.

Louis Rees-Zammit has all the ability in the world. Will have to see how it translates into the nuances of American football.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Brock Wright gets a nice offer sheet to back up George Kittle:

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports the 49ers’ offer sheet for Brock Wright is worth $12 million over three years.
The Lions initially tendered Wright on a one-year, $3 million contract his offseason. The tender allows Wright to seek a better offer but still gives Detroit a chance to match. Now they have to choose between letting Wright walk or signing him to a three-year, $12 million deal. It’s a good contract for a backup tight end, but Wright has earned more than a one-year contract. In addition to his backup duties, Wright is a strong blocker and plays plenty on special teams.

https://nfltraderumors.co/lions-matching-49ers-offer-sheet-on-te-brock-wright/

Lions match the offer sheet. Hopefully the 49ers get one of the talented White TEs in the draft.

white lightning

Hall of Famer

Warhawk_46

Master
One of the things that pisses me off the most… he rushed for over 300 yards more than the next best running back in the league this year and then had an outstanding playoffs. The Chiefs sold out to ensure McCaffrey wouldn’t beat them and he still compiled 160 all purpose yards.

He is the best runner in the league by nearly every metric. He is also the best receiving running back.

And he is the #1 focus of every defense they play against.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
One of the things that pisses me off the most… he rushed for over 300 yards more than the next best running back in the league this year and then had an outstanding playoffs. The Chiefs sold out to ensure McCaffrey wouldn’t beat them and he still compiled 160 all purpose yards.

He is the best runner in the league by nearly every metric. He is also the best receiving running back.

And he is the #1 focus of every defense they play against.
In terms of all around talent there really isn’t a close second.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Looking at the 49ers current depth chart, Taylor has a chance to stick as the fourth or fifth receiver. He returns to the team where he made his mark as a rookie only to see his career ruined by injuries:

The 49ers have agreed to terms with Trent Taylor, formerly of the Bears, on a one-year deal.
Taylor returns to the 49ers for the first time since 2020. The past three seasons he spent time as a reserve for the Bears and Bengals. The 29-year old receiver had his best season in 2017 as a rookie (43-430-2) with the 49ers who originally drafted him. He’ll now look to stick in San Fransisco once again.

sprintstar

Mentor
Gotta say Mertz was running for his life on most of these hilights...4/5 sumo line. Like I said Pearsall is a burner with gifted hands.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I wish the 49ers had picked up some defensive players and some OL.
I am happy though that Pearsall and Schrader went to a team that has shown they are not afraid to use white players at these key positions.