S.I. Mid Season All American Team

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Here is a link to the Sports Illustrated Mid Season All American Team.I'm quite suprised to see a more than fair amount of white football players.It's about time that SI gives some credit to these fine white athletes.The really cool thing is the 2 starting wide receivers are Mike Haas and J.Samardjza.For once S.I. did it right!
smiley32.gif

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/ncaa/midseaso n.aa/index.html

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Then you have Garrett Mills as the starting tightend with around 600 yards receiving.This is a pretty good starting lineup.Thanks for reposting the link JoeV.

Poacher

Mentor
It's nice to see the white receivers and tightend but Vince Young at
QB...c'mon! How about Brady Quinn? That's who should be the
starting QB.

JoeV

Guru
Poacher said:
It's nice to see the white receivers and tightend but Vince Young at
QB...c'mon! How about Brady Quinn? That's who should be the
starting QB.
This year there are a dearth of black quarterbacks in the college ranks, so Young as their selection doesn't surprise me. If not Young then Jacobs, Shockley, Troy Smith, or Marcus Vick would have been as top QB.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Most of these black QB's aren't worth a dime, just overhyped position fillers.

JoeV

Guru
^^^^ I agree wholeheartedly, but my point was being they had plenty of overrated black QBs to choose from as the "one".

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yeah, your right 100% about that Jimmy. I can't get over how many no good journeyman black QB's are still in this league, if for no other reason than a bunch of PC owners and coaches. It amazes me.

whiteCB

Master
Yeah that Tom guy from ND really should have been the safety. Wow just really impressed at how SI gave props to the guys who have earned it: Samardizida, Haas, and TE Mills. Hell yeah!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
In the same issue SI also lists Kyle Bell as the "Best Player You've Never Heard Of." There's a little photo of him too, so at least some more people are now aware that there is a topnotch white tailback starting for Colorado State.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I might just have to go buy that issue.It's pretty rare that I have the urge to but a S.I. Issue but this just might be an exception.Way to go Kyle and also to all of the athletes that made the list.