Rohan Browning 10.01

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
10.29 from Browning with no wind in Sydney.
Not bad, but not good either.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
10.29 from Browning with no wind in Sydney.
Not bad, but not good either.

Call me crazy but I believe they are changing things up on purpose. Australia like Africa has their summer during most countries winters.
That is why it's so hard for their sprintsrs to try and peak twice for the summer season, world champs and olympics. In my opinion they
see that other than the Tokyo Olympics, Browing is peaking too early in the year. They also ran the kid way too much last summer. It wore down his body. So Browning is no where near top condition at the moment. This is by design to try and peak this summer going into
the olympics. The coach will also limit his races to have him fresh and at his peak physical conditioning. I'm ok with this as they had to try
something different. Browning is 26 now so there is no time to waste! He probably only has 2 olympics left including the one this year!

mastermulti

Master
Call me crazy but I believe they are changing things up on purpose. Australia like Africa has their summer during most countries winters.
That is why it's so hard for their sprintsrs to try and peak twice for the summer season, world champs and olympics. In my opinion they
see that other than the Tokyo Olympics, Browing is peaking too early in the year. They also ran the kid way too much last summer. It wore down his body. So Browning is no where near top condition at the moment. This is by design to try and peak this summer going into
the olympics. The coach will also limit his races to have him fresh and at his peak physical conditioning. I'm ok with this as they had to try
something different. Browning is 26 now so there is no time to waste! He probably only has 2 olympics left including the one this year!
exactly right. He shows up on occasion and runs a time commensurate with where his training schedule is. I believe he only entered late (probably with some AA pressure to get "bums on seats". I must have received a dozen "last chance to buy tickets to ...) emails in the lead up. Luckily, he can run a quarter of a secong off peakform and still get a reasonable time.
Good news is that the women 4x100 ran 42.94 to break the Australian record and grab some great points, world number one at present. And Australia B ran world number 5 time of 43.44 which indicates decent depth atm. The men blew their chance with a DNF

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
From the Rohan Browning Article above.

Using a different lens, Browning’s regular runs under 10.1s show he is arguably Australia’s most consistent sprinter ever, and Murphy is convinced Browning can take the next step and become one of the big boys of world sprinting. In Tokyo, Browning was one of just four men to hit a maximum velocity of 12 metres per second.

1 of only 4 sprinters on earth to hit that speed at the Tokyo Olympics. Wow that shows alot right there!

Last edited:

Logos5

Guru

Using a different lens, Browning’s regular runs under 10.1s show he is arguably Australia’s most consistent sprinter ever, and Murphy is convinced Browning can take the next step and become one of the big boys of world sprinting. In Tokyo, Browning was one of just four men to hit a maximum velocity of 12 metres per second.

1 of only 4 sprinters on earth to hit that speed at the Tokyo Olympics. Wow that shows alot right there!
all this but he hasn't hit sub-10 yet. altough unlike the non white guys hitting sub-10, he isn't using roids

sprintstar

Mentor
at least the Aussie track coaches aren't trying to make him switch to the 400m like Boilings coaches are and Track USA.

mastermulti

Master

he is inarguably our best ever sprinter. His top 10 average runs are around 10.05 and no-one here has come close to that.
I saw patrick Johnson run a windy 9.88 in Canberra some 20 odd years ago and knew he'd have a monster season - leading to his 9.93.
But no-one ran as consistently as Browning has.
Let's see what today brings - winds have been flukey, weather running to chilly this time of year. The wrong direction wind brings antarctic temps upwards and there is no land mass between it and Adelaide.
I'm simply being pragmatic, but I don't see a fast time coming this meet.
I'd really like a decent relay time happen but since they'll all be running to represent their state, not their country, that can't happen.
Our female 100 record holder isn't even contesting the 100 so it seems they are all jockeying for position to run in Europe with Paris in mind. I'll have to be patient to see what goes down

mastermulti

Master
not when this exists
I do believe that black sprinters over time have had more incentive to use "supplements" (when you're close to the top the monetary incentive would be a huge temptation). These guys have gone down that road - but it's wrong to tar every decent black sprinter with that brush. Are all decent Tour de France riders to be lumped in with Lance Armstrong??

Logos5

Guru
I do believe that black sprinters over time have had more incentive to use "supplements" (when you're close to the top the monetary incentive would be a huge temptation). These guys have gone down that road - but it's wrong to tar every decent black sprinter with that brush. Are all decent Tour de France riders to be lumped in with Lance Armstrong??
You think every white has been caught with roids in the Tours like this?

Literally top 7 of that list have roided, and I know there's a thread here with dozens more who've been caught roided, and we can safely say Usain Bolt roided.

What point is that list and saying blacks are faster if they aren't and they roid to get these results?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Let's get back on topic guys. This should be debated in the proper thread for the P.E.D. Cheaters. Thanks.

sprintstar

Mentor
I didn't think Browning would pedal the metal this race especially into a -1.2 headwind, looked more like he was working on his start and drive phase technique

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Yikes! That's a very poor performance by Browning, not to be in the top 3 of his National Championships.
I wonder what the problem is?

Logos5

Guru
Yikes! That's a very poor performance by Browning, not to be in the top 3 of his National Championships.
I wonder what the problem is?
Maybe he's just conserving his energy for the Olympics this year, assuming he qualifies?

mastermulti

Master
I just read that he had/has a 'knee niggle.'
he said it happens at some time each season but can manage it successfully. He had it taped so that the patella tracked properly.
He maintains it's only weeks before top form but maybe 3 races underdone with that knee issue makes rounds a problem.
As it is he and our others need to post a 10.00 to ensure qualification to Paris - so I'd be very surprised if we get a starter in the 100