Rob Lee

nj816

I know a lot of attention on this site has been given to Dustin Fox's move fromcorner to safety. But Lee I believe iscurrently the only white player listed on an NFL roster at the taboo position ofcornerback.

The Bills roster currently shows nine corners, five of which, including Lee, are undrafted free agents. I'm really pulling for this guy to make the team. I saw a couple of Northern Illinois games last year and he can play. I know he played in the fourth quarter of the Billslast game and also on special teams.

Given the current situation in theNFL I knowLee's chances are slim, buthe is all we have at the moment.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Yeah I'm high on Lee too. He, of course made our All (real) American team last year and was considered to have a better shot at corner then Fox. Hopefully he can stay under the radar and stick around.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I would love to see both him and Jim Leohnard causing terror on defense.They both are as athletic as you can get and have great instincts.Good luck to them.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Lee played most of the fourth quarter, as did two othr white defensive backs...but of the three only he and Leonhard remain on the roster. the other safety has already been sent packing. what's amazing, though, is that with three white players in the secondary the Bills didn't give up a single first down through the air and their coverage blanketed the receivers so well that they allowed two sacks.

Rob Lee was only thrown at one time, and he broke that pass up, almost intercepting it. Leonhard also played well, intercepting a ball that was called back because of pass interfernece on a linebacker and did an excellent job on punt returns.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Lee is listed on the Bills website as a safety.

Buffalo has the most white defensive linemen of any team with the possible exception of Tennessee. Aaron Schobel is one of the best right ends in the league, and starting left end Chris Kelsay has this written about him in the current Sporting News: "A relentless player, Kelsay has given blockers trouble throughout camp with his quickness. He used to be rotated out of games on third down but now will play almost every snap because of his marked improvement as a pass rusher. Don't be surprised if he doubles his 2004 sack total (4 1/2)."

The Bills also have Ryan Denney, Tim Anderson and Constantin Ritzmann on the d-line.

Coy Wire was starting at strong safety until Buffalo picked up Lawyer Milloy. Hopefully they keep Lee and Leonhard and have three white d-backs.

nj816

Lee is listed on the NFL.com roster as a strong safety behind Malloy & Wire on their depth chart. However, he is listed on the Bills official team website as a corner and to the best of my knowledge that is the position he has been playing.

I believe that Leonhard has a betterchance of sticking then Lee since hehas been successful returning punts andthis positionhasn't been totally shut out tothe whites.

Theother DB mentioned by Jimmy C. was Daniel Leger and he was recently cut.I couldn't image an NFL team with four DBs on their roster, although I believe Tennessee may have had three last year.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Safety, cornerback, it hardly mattered. Lee was cut today.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
This time of the year just makes me sick to my stomach.So many of these kids with all of this talent getting cut.This league is ridiculous with their treatment of white players.