Recruiting '10: Early Look-ins

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Nice job guys. These statistics are terrible. If anyone needs to see why the NFL is so black all they have to do is check this information out. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what is going on.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Jimmy C. back in tha (CF) house!
smiley2.gif

StarWars

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
Nice job guys.  These statistics are terrible.  If anyone needs to see why the NFL is so black all they have to do is check this information out.  It doesn't take a genius to figure out what is going on.

You know, it actually does in a way. It is so obvious to us because of what we know. We even recognize caste speak.

But for a DWF to smack himself out of the stupor that is DWFdom, it takes a relatively high IQ. Also, it takes a bit of luck and support I'm grateful to have found.
smiley1.gif

We joke about the DWF having a short memory that only recognizes the triumphs of blacks and the shortcomings of whites, but that would probably be most of us if we never had the opportunity to talk to smart people. We are bombarded with so "proof" that whites cannot be a race except in negative ways that we start to believe it when nobody asks questions.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
StarWars said:
whiteathlete33 said:
Nice job guys. These statistics are terrible. If anyone needs to see why the NFL is so black all they have to do is check this information out. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what is going on.

You know, it actually does in a way. It is so obvious to us because of what we know. We even recognize caste speak.

But for a DWF to smack himself out of the stupor that is DWFdom, it takes a relatively high IQ. Also, it takes a bit of luck and support I'm grateful to have found.
smiley1.gif

We joke about the DWF having a short memory that only recognizes the triumphs of blacks and the shortcomings of whites, but that would probably be most of us if we never had the opportunity to talk to smart people. We are bombarded with so "proof" that whites cannot be a race except in negative ways that we start to believe it when nobody asks questions.

It's the same philosophy we have mentioned here before. Whites rarely get scholarships no matter how talented especially at the caste positions. Record setting white runningbacks in high school end up as walk-ons while mediocre black runningbacks get scholarships. If that isn't enough even talented whites like Mike Hass that succeed in college get the shaft in the NFL. What we really need to do is make a list of which colleges produce the most white NFL players. I don't think this has ever been done on this site before. Obviously we would go back the past 15 years or so. If anyone is interested in doing this pm me.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Indiana looks to be whiter in the next couple of years. Especially since recruitng 1 white RB and 2 white WRs.
smiley32.gif

INDIANA
44 Total Scholarship Offers
23 Total Commits, 19 Undecided, 2 External Commits
15 Offers to white players, 29 offers to black players
12 White commits, 3 Undecided
11 Black Commits, 16 Undecided, 2 External Commits
White Commit Positions:1 RB, 2 WR, 1 OG, 1 OT, 1 DT, 2 DE, 2 MLB, 2 OLB

Riddlewire

Master
Thanks for continuing this process, JL.
I think I've had enough of it. My original goal was just a "sneak peek", anyway. The recruiting numbers for BCS schools seem much worse this year than at any time in the past. Honestly, I didn't see any spectacular results for the non-BCS schools, either.There are some mild surprises here and there, of course. Indiana will be one of my favorite teams next year, moreso if they let Matt Perez start. BC had good numbers, too. BYU has gone even more PI-crazy than they already were. Even the black players are feeling left out.
I'm not going to post any more school lists. So I leave the thread in your hands. Although the numbers will all be changing in the next couple of weeks, so it might be best to just wait until signing day and get the final tally then.

Any thoughts on Austin Collinsworth, Chris Collinsworth's son being Brian Kelly's first recruit to Notre Dame? He's listed as a Safety/RB but played mostly S this season. I hope he continues the tradition of good white S at ND like Zbikowski and Kyle McCarthy.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Electric Slide said:
Any thoughts on Austin Collinsworth, Chris Collinsworth's son being Brian Kelly's first recruit to Notre Dame? He's listed as a Safety/RB but played mostly S this season. I hope he continues the tradition of good white S at ND like Zbikowski and Kyle McCarthy.

I want to see him do really well and get drafted. Then, hope he starts or plays in a SNF game. I would love to see what Collinsworth would call his own son.

I hope Austin gets a good chance at ND.
smiley1.gif

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
In a Monday nite game a few weeks back, they showed a few snippets of the HS championship game where Cris' son Austin was starring as a WR/RB/S in the win by his almost completely white team. They said to look for him in the NFL in 4 years
smiley17.gif

Highlander

Mentor
Another example of a White high school "star receiver" (Dillon Schrodt) that had to walk-on at a Division I school because the only scholarship offers he received were from Division II.

http://huskerextra.com/articles/2010/02/03/football/doc4b68d1347cae7321787676.txt

Excerpt:
"The 6-foot-3 Schrodt has a vertical jump of 35 inches. He high jumped 6
feet, 10 inches
last spring and ran the 40-yard dash in 4.48 seconds
last summer..."

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
At least Nebraska gives their white walk-ons a chance to play, though. I'm guessing he'll get playing time at some point during his stay at Nebraska.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
West Virginia is one of this nation's top coal-producing states, and, looking at head coach Bill Stewart's recruiting list for 2010, it seems as if he wants to make his team coal-black.

There is a negligible percentage of West Virginia's population that is black, yet WVU football seems intent on pretending that it is impossible to find at least a few quality white players for scholarship offers in-state, or even in white talent producing states like Ohio and Pennsylvania.

I'm sure Coach Stew is bringing in another quality bunch of student-affletes.

And the DWFs will enjoy the show next year in Morgantown.

TwentyTwo

Master
Yeah a little surprised to see the Montaineers go that route...think they could at least be as white as PennState....a team that still think you can win with white defensive players...West Virginia looks like they only signed a couple....

What irks me is to see the Florida Gators sign 28 players...an NONE were white! Only one O-Lineman looked like some type of mix... Looks like Urban Cryer has made the white football player go the way of the dinosaur..they sold out! IMO

A surprise for me was USC's class thatwas nearly coal-black...lowest percentage of whites I can ever remember seeing for them....thought maybe the sucess of Cushing &Matthews could have triggered a few more athlete's withskin conditions there to L.A...I look for some walk-on to come out of nowhere and make an impact in a few years.....AND how is WR-Markeith Ambles at 6'2 182 4.65 rated so highly??

Take away 2 white QB's &kicker + hispanic o-lineman and the Texas Longhorns are coal-black...what's up with that??

What position will Athlete Channing Fugate play for Tennessee...let me guess...Fullback??

Looking at the rankings from Rivals.com can be a little depressing....

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Good lord. I hate that stooge piece of crap Urban "Ghetto" Meyer. That's where it looks like he gets his recruits from. I've seen some horrible things since my eyes have been opened, maybe he should've quit football forever. He should never be near a field again. The Gators are the leading candidate to field an all-black team in the coming years. Randy Shannon at Thug U, Spurrier at South Carolina, Lane Kiffen at USC, and Florida State are all up there with this hack. Not surprisingly, I'm sure the robotic idiot DWFs would cheer on such a team...
smiley21.gif
. It looks like Massa Meyer has succeeded Bowden for the title of "Massa" now.

These classes make Nebraska's 6 whites and 1 hispanic in their class this year look white friendly.....Don't worry, the Huskers seem to be offering more whites for next year's class, though.

JReb1

Mentor
I think the coaches just go by the biased ranking services that are dominated by overrated blacks. That's why teams with the "best" classes can still suck like FSU who has a top 10 "ranked" class every year...

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
If Nebraska's "hispanic" is that O-lineman, with roots in New York, I think he's Afro-Caribbean..

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Deadlift said:
If Nebraska's "hispanic" is that O-lineman, with roots in New York, I think he's Afro-Caribbean..
No,he's from a smaller Nebraska town. I never thought Pelini would start bringing in all of these black quarterbacks, though. He brought in Green last year, no he has one for this class and another one for next year. I guess white QB Tyler Gabbert was committed to Neb, but he switched to Mizzou. They also have offers extended to other white QBs for next year, too.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I recall seeing a headline that suggested that Andrew Rodriguez moved to Nebraska from New York.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Andrew-Rodriguez-68858

Here are those snippets. I knew I saw them!

March 3, 2008

Rodriguez may be Nebraska's best for 2010

Sean Callahan
HuskersIllustrated.com

AURORA, Neb. - Most Division I football coaches around the region aren't familiar with Aurora, but once word gets out about 2010 o-lineman Andrew Rodriguez, you can bet that will change. The 6-foot-6, 300 pound Rodriguez moved to Nebraska from the East Coast, and when it's all said and done, he may be the best prospect in the state for the class of 2010.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=781158&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid

March 2, 2009

Rodriguez looks back on life-changing move

John Talman
HuskersIllustrated.com

AURORA, Neb. - Sitting in the locker room at Aurora High School, Andrew Rodriguez can't keep from smiling. He has good reason to smile considering how successful 2008 was. Today Rodriguez looks back on his move from the East Coast to live with his brother and sister-in-law in Aurora, Neb., before his freshman year. He says since that moment, football has changed his life more than he could have ever imagined.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=918489&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

The bevy of pictures shows that he's brown, probably Puerto Rican.

Highlander

Mentor
Nebraska Article Excerpt:

Deciding which players will be invited to walk on is the same as
scholarship players, Jamrog said. The coaches make a list, then decide
how many players they'll take at each position.

Nebraska continues to put a big emphasis on walk-ons. During an event
in Omaha on Wednesday night, fans were not only shown highlights of
walk-on players
, they were shown those clips before those of
scholarship recruits.

"Someone made a comment that, shouldn't we show the scholarship guys
first and then show the walk-ons?," Jamrog said. "I said, 'No, this is
what makes Nebraska.'"

Here's a list of Nebraska's walk-ons for 2010. If you research some of these guys and look at their numbers, it's amazing (not really) that none of them were ever offered a D-I scholarship. I'm sure at least a few of them will see some playing time in the future. I wish them the best of luck.

2010 walk-ons
More likely to be added later
Josh Bart DB 6-01 245 Aurora, Neb. (Aurora HS)
Jason Dann PK/P 6-00 170 Richardson, Texas (Lake Highlands HS)
Joey Felici CB 5-09 165 Omaha, Neb. (Millard South HS)
Derek Foster DB 5-11 175 Elm Creek, Neb. (Elm Creek HS)
Andy Gdowski DE 6-03 235 Grand Island, Neb. (Grand Island HS)
Keegan Hughes WR 6-01 175 Roswell, Ga. (Roswell)
Tyson McGill LB/FB 6-01 225 Norfolk, Neb. (Norfolk HS)
JC Moore DE 6-03 240 Fremont, Neb. (Fremont HS)
Mark Pelini OL 6-01 285 Youngstown, Ohio (Cardinal Mooney HS)
Trevor Roach LB/RB 6-03 230 Elkhorn, Neb. (Elkhorn HS)
Dillon Schrodt WR 6-02 175 Lincoln, Neb. (North Star HS)
Zach Taylor RB 6-02 195 Lincoln, Neb. (Southeast HS)
Jeff Uher DL/OL 6-02 270 Omaha, Neb. (Creighton Prep HS)
Yusef Wade CB/RB 5-10 170 Lincoln, Neb. (North Star HS)
Austin Williams DB 6-02 190 Omaha, Neb. (Burke HS)
Tyler Wullenwaber WR 6-01 180 Utica, Neb. (Centennial HS)

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Almost all of these guys are white, and with Nebraska's willingness to play walk-ons, some of these guys will see some playing time in the future. A couple of these guys will probably eventually end up starting over the "scholarship affletes" of the class.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Jordan Taylor signed with Rice, and he's supposedly going to play WR. For some reason, he didn't have the "big" scholarship offers.. Let's look at his resume:

Taylor Inks Letter of Intent with Rice

Jason Della Rosa
TheOldCoach.com

The options were there for Jordan Taylor depending on which way the Denison athlete wanted to go.

At one school it would be as a receiver. Another offered playing time at quarterback. And in the final hours before he signed a national letter of intent on Wednesday morning to play football for Rice, Taylor was still being sought by other programs.

He chose the Owls over Utah, North Texas and a late push by Tulsa, which would have made him a receiver catching passes from G.J. Kinne, the son of current Sherman head coach Gary Kinne.

"Academically you can't beat Rice," Taylor said. "I kind of thought if I wanted to play quarterback then I'd have to go to North Texas."

Ultimately Taylor will play receiver at the college level after being a record-setting quarterback for the Jackets.

"I was talking to their offensive coordinator and they run some of the plays that we run," Taylor said. "It's just catching the ball instead of throwing it."

Taylor started at receiver as a sophomore and was an honorable mention all-state selection with 29 catches for 575 yards and 11 touchdowns. The touchdowns are the fourth-most in school history.

This past season Taylor, who was the District 9-4A MVP, set single-season school records by completing 153-of-233 passes for 2,463 yards and 27 touchdowns despite missing the season-opener as Denison reached the state semifinals for the first time since 1997 before losing to eventual state champion Aledo and finishing with a 13-2 record. He also ran for 1,362 yards and 23 touchdowns on 169 carries in directing an offense that set program records for most yards with 7,174 and points in a season at 675.

Last year in nine games, Taylor had 910 yards and 10 touchdowns passing and 903 yards and 12 touchdowns rushing.

He graduates as Denison's all-time leader in completions (253), passing yards (3,729) and touchdowns (40) as well as the single-game holder for passing yards (298) and touchdowns (four).

"He is an intriguing prospect who has shown the ability to play either quarterback or wide receiver," Rice head coach David Bailiff said.

Taylor, whose older brother, Ryan, has one year left as an offensive lineman at UCLA, has said he will also try to walk on to the baseball program. It is the success of that sport which might open the door for Taylor to see time at quarterback.

"They have one guy who looks to be drafted and is going baseball full-time and he was a quarterback," Taylor said. "That was a really good thing to hear."

Rice went 2-10 this past season, one year after going 10-3 and winning the Texas Bowl -- the program's first bowl victory since 1954. Among the non-conference games next season include at game at the University of North Texas.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1049326

My response to the 1st sentence is- really? Options? If he were a black kid, he would indeed have options (via scholarships galore). He'd be the next Terrelle Pryor, rather than a "2-star" athlete.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jordan-Taylor-87141;_ylt=AuYIQ8n1lOqJYUDLdqnPVbJHPZB4

dwid

Hall of Famer
Oh, man Rice is going to have Jordan Taylor AND Sam McGuffie? I wish they would show more Rice games on television. I really want to find a way to watch Rice next year. Hopefully Rice can get back to wher they were in 2008, they were 10-3 and won their bowl game against Western Michigan.