Real pic or not?

Here's comment that is not likely to be popular:

George W. Bush is an evangelical Christian, which means that he truly believes that Jerusalem must be the capital of the world before Jesus will return to the earth to judge the quick and the dead. That is why Bush is willing to do anything -- literally ANYTHING -- to advance Israel's interests in the geo-political sphere, including prosecuting wars against Israel's enemies (Iraq today, Iran and Syria tomorrow). Even if it means ruining this country along with the rest of the world, G.W. Bush will sell out to Iz-ra-hell in order to help bring about the return of his messiah.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but this is why religions in general, and Christianity in particular, are so destructive.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I was real tempted to pick up this ball and run with it but I will resist the temptation for now.Bush is a solid christian but certainly not evangelical or as much as a fundementalist as I would like him to be. I am a living breathing testament to the fact that a christian can be loyal to his home country(usa) and care about isreal too. Most of my christian brothers feel the same way.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Looks photoshopped to me.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Your right in that its not popular to me, SK. Maybe your right about Bush, but not for millions of other Christians, including me. Personally, I don't think the US will have a part in restoring the temple at all. Your opinion about Christianity is harsh, but I must admit secular humanism is very destructive.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
It says on the site "Purim Spoof" right next to the photo.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
BTW, I think its a fake.

Bart

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:

That disclaimer was not there earlier in the day. They must have had a lot of traffic and questions about the photo.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Bart said:
White Shogun said:

That disclaimer was not there earlier in the day. They must have had a lot of traffic and questions about the photo.

Figures.
smiley36.gif

They might have wanted to pass it off as real but called on it, and had to fess up.

JD074

Master
guest301 said:
Bush is a solid christian but certainly not evangelical or as much as a fundementalist as I would like him to be.

In what way is he not an Evangelical? And what's your definition of "solid Christian"? Just curious.

guest301 said:
I am a living breathing testament to the fact that a christian can be loyal to his home country(usa) and care about isreal too. Most of my christian brothers feel the same way.

And how far would your "Christian brothers" go to help that little crappy piece of desert, and the people who inhabit it? Would they... oh I don't know, go to war in order to serve it's best interests? That's what's so scary.

guest301

Hall of Famer
A solid christian is one who beleives in Jesus Christ as lord and saviour, publically proclaims it, prays and reads the bible regulary and goes to church. I have answered your other question in previous postings.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Man, the more I come to the boards the more I feel like I'm sittin' in the pew at church or something.
smiley11.gif

301, I know you feel compelled to defend your faith, but if you talk about it too much you're going to be seen as a one trick pony, and no one will take any of your other ideas seriously. Ideas have to stand on their own and can only be debated when both parties agree on the parameters. If every time you turn around you cite the Bible or Christian doctrine or something you're going to lose people's interest in what ever other point you're trying to make.

guest301

Hall of Famer
White Shogun...JDO74 did ask me a question and so did Bart on another thread. This is Happy Hour and any topic, within reason can be posted on. I do however take your advice seriously and will no longer bite the bait everytime it's cast into the water.That not why I joined this site and have been visiting CF for the past year. There are other sites more suitable for religous debate. However you can't expect me and others not to respond when the christian religion is attacked so frequently on this board and accused of everything bad that has ever happened on this planet. I am tired of swimming upstram all the time and so i will refrain alot more than I have been.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I'm not trying to pick on you 301, I am interested in what you have to say about other topics, I just like my debate with a little less religious flavoring.
smiley2.gif

But then again I realize I tend to use that spice a little liberally myself. So I will exercise some restraint as well.
smiley17.gif
Edited by: White Shogun

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
guest301 said:
White Shogun...JDO74 did ask me a question and so did Bart on another thread. This is Happy Hour and any topic, within reason can be posted on. I do however take your advice seriously and will no longer bite the bait everytime it's cast into the water.That not why I joined this site and have been visiting CF for the past year. There are other sites more suitable for religous debate. However you can't expect me and others not to respond when the christian religion is attacked so frequently on this board and accused of everything bad that has ever happened on this planet. I am tired of swimming upstram all the time and so i will refrain alot more than I have been.

Jewish and Christian? Geez, that's a tough way to go on this message board.

Well anyway as Don mentioned you will have to have a thick skin here, which I'm sure you do, and any support is greatly appreciated.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Yes it is tough Jaxvid and my skin is much tougher after posting on here for a while than it was going in to it. Your statement about any support of CF being greatly appreciated is welcome... I do support the main reason there is a caste football website but not always the racial, social and political agenda's of some of the members on this site. But nobody has a monopoly on the truth and so I think we can all learn from each other and disagree respectfully when possible.