Rally for immigrants rights

Charlie

Guru
Cubans didn't march because they have what they want. Miami is the capital of Latin America. Black, white and gray money leaves Venezuela and finds a safe home guarded by Cuban bankers and lawyers with 'good appearance' (read: Caucasian). Completely self-contained enclave increasingly out of reach of Feds.

Cubans are called the Jews of Latin America. So maybe Miami is the Tel Aviv of Latin America. Whatever.

Mexicans and Central Americans would like a similar arrangement. Or maybe they don't. Marching either means 'give me' or 'I'm taking it'.

The thing is, if you learn Spanish (but not the cutesy Spanish of W, rather the biting, angry Spanish of La Eme's Joe Morgan) you take away virtually any advantage a Latino has over you. Saw a clip on the Katrina cleanup. A labor broker was slinging Spanish and issuing orders. "Some are making a great deal of money." His name? Carlos Khan (or some such).

I was looking through job aps a while back. Several were of Israelis whose first stop was Central America where they sold junk door to door. Huh? Why? To learn Spanish well enough to take Eloy's money.

So sure, it's going to get brown. But it's going to get something no matter what. Would you rather contend with the Overseas Chinese? All of this may turn out to be wonderful gift for Whites. We could become the Overseas Chinese of Latin America (the Overseas Chinese in Southeast Asia live like kings and queens).

End of rambling comments.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Yes, very disturbing, it is completely frustrating how this continues to happen even while there is a large segment of people against it. I can only hope that someone is going to realize that they too can be powerful by representing white people. Eventually it will have to happen. No big market is ignored forever.

this from AMREN cheered me up a bit.

Panel OKs 'Amnesty' Bill, Washington Times
However, Judiciary Committee's amnesty bill may not come to the floor of the Senate.

The Senate Judiciary Committee last night approved a plan that would put millions of illegal aliens on a path to U.S. citizenship, would let them stay here while applying and would not punish their unlawful entry as a felony, contrary to a House-passed bill.

"A path to earned citizenship is what this bill is all about," Sen. Lindsey Graham, South Carolina Republican, said after joining all Democrats and three other Republicans on the panel to approve the plan, which many consider an "amnesty."

The sudden approvalâ€â€￾after weeks of negotiations that often had appeared fruitlessâ€â€￾likely will lead to a showdown with the House, which last year approved an immigration bill that only tightened border security.

"If the bottom line is that all people that came here illegally have got to be made citizens, then we should have the vote now," Sen. Jon Kyl, the Arizona Republican who fought the proposal, said in the seven-hour committee meeting yesterday.

"That's amnesty, and that won't work. And the House won't even go to conference with something like that," he said.

It was still not clear last night whether the bill would even make it to the floor of the Senate, which yesterday began debating legislation offered by Majority Leader Bill Frist that bypasses the Judiciary Committee and deals only with border security.

"A nation that can't secure its borders can't secure its destiny or administer its laws," said Mr. Frist, who introduced his bill yesterday. "And the situation along our southern border now ranks as a national security challenge second only to the war on terror."

Mr. Frist's "Securing America's Borders Act" would hire more border-patrol officers, build limited fencing in high-traffic areas and toughen the penalties for being in the U.S. illegally. The bill does not, however, have the guest-worker provisions included in the committee bill.

The Tennessee Republicanâ€â€￾who is widely expected to seek his party's nomination for presidentâ€â€￾has made clear to the Judiciary Committee that he would not consider adopting any guest-worker or "amnesty" provisions that didn't garner a majority of the Republican vote in committee.

Rep. Tom Tancredo, the Colorado Republican who has led the fight against illegal immigration, said the committee's proposal "provides nearly universal amnesty" for the more than 11 million illegal aliens in the U.S. and adds hundreds of thousands of foreign workers to a background-check system that is "already on the brink of collapse."

"If the Senate follows the Judiciary Committee's lead, the prospects of getting a reform bill to the president's desk this year are slim, to say the least," he said.

Kaptain

Master
Just a quick note: I have been watching Lou Dobbs on CNN for the first time this week. He is covering the illegal immigration issue and is spot-on in his commentary and coverage. Check him out if you haven't before.

KG2422

Mentor
Yes, Lou Dobbs and the Minuteman project have been instrumental in making this an issue at all.

bigunreal

Mentor
BTW, where are the Minutemen in all this? Shouldn't they be front and center, expressing their strong opposition to this odious legislation? Of course, maybe they have been, and our government controlled mass media has just refused to report it. As far as average citizens go, we could assemble an army of millions to march on Washington, and the media could still elect to ignore us. With an already well-known group like the Minutemen involved, at least they might report the story.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
By JENNIFER RADCLIFFE
Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

Reagan High School Principal Robert Pambello was ordered to remove a Mexican flag Wednesday morning that he had hoisted below the U.S. and Texas flags that typically fly in front of his school â€â€￾ a symbol he agreed to fly to show support for his predominantly Hispanic student body.

Principal hoists Mexican flag over Houston high school

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
It's too bad. White people keep trying to move as far away from non-white people as possible. Yet they keep following. An African from sub-saharan equatorial Africa will trapse all the way across the globe to frigid Canada just to be with some whites. WTF? Almost at the artic circle and you still can't shake them. I was hoping we could colonize the Moon or Mars but they would just follow us there.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
sooner or later, white people are going to have to stand up for themselves and quit running. the reservations we're being herded into are already getting awfully small. so they call honest people who talk about the issue "racists," so what?

i had a guy the other day say, "What are you, some kind of racist?" i told him, "I've been called a whole lot worse."

if our elected leaders don't listen to the voters, what are we supposed to do next?
smiley7.gif

KG2422

Mentor
Check out the Mexica Movement's pictures from the protests. Also, click on the Lou Dobbs link were he exposes them to the mainstream.

http://www.mexica-movement.org/granmarcha.htm

I also heard Sean Hannity being very critical of amnesty when interviewing John McCain today. He mentioned all of the Mexican flags being waved rather than Old Glory.[

Bart

Hall of Famer
bigunreal said:
The situation is becoming more hopeless politically in this country every day. To think that phone calls or letters to your "representatives" will have any impact at all is naive. They don't care what you think...

Why don't they care what we think? Read this article from a Jewish newspaper detailing the massive Jewish support and influence favoring illegal immigrants and open borders.Jewish groups joined the Mexican protesters.As expected, Arlen Specter stabbed us in the back---again! Excerpts below.

http://www.forward.com/articles/7589

Immigration Bill Draws Jewish Support
By E.J. KESSLER
March 31, 2006

As the Senate struggled this week to hammer out legislation on the contentious issue of immigration reform, Jewish groups were in boardrooms and on the streets advocating for the most liberal approaches to the issue.

On Monday, in a surprise move, the Senate Judiciary Committee, led by Senator Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania, approved by a 12-6 vote amendments that would create a guest worker program and give undocumented immigrants a path toward legalizing their status â€â€￾ moves that are opposed by many conservative Republicans. The committee also rejected provisions of a House bill passed last December that would have made it a felony to enter the country illegally or to aid someone who did so. ...

Conservative Republicans favor strong border enforcement and oppose guest worker programs and paths to legalization, saying that these measures amount to an "amnesty."

Frist's approach was blasted by the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society, the organization that tends to set policy for the Jewish community. HIAS is part of faith-based coalitions supporting the more liberal approaches to immigration reform proposed by Senator Edward Kennedy, a Massachusetts Democrat, and Senator John McCain, an Arizona Republican.

In a statement, HIAS criticized Frist's bill for continuing "the House's piecemeal and punitive approach with provisions that would negatively affect the lives of legal immigrants, asylum seekers, citizens and business owners." It said the House bill "restricts the judicial review of immigration decisions, criminalizes undocumented presence in the United States, limits access to immigration courts through the expedited removal program, expands indefinite detention and penalizes humanitarian assistance to undocumented migrants."

As HIAS pressed its approach, other Jewish groups were joining the giant rallies in Los Angeles, Chicago and Washington in support of immigration and against the punitive approaches of the House bill. About a half-million people demonstrated in Los Angeles, while the protests in Chicago, Washington and other cities drew tens of thousands.

The Progressive Jewish Alliance, a Los Angeles-based group that has been in the forefront of efforts to secure rights for immigrant workers, sent a representative as part of a clergy-based group that participated in the Washington rally.

The PJA's executive director, Daniel Sokatch, said that Jewish communal groups could do more..

Sokatch called immigrants' rights "a major focus of our organizing," saying: "We're arguing that, like economic justice, this is a profoundly Jewish issue. Our soul hinges on this debate. It's the issue of what kind of country we want to be and who we are as an American people."

Gideon Aronoff, the new president and CEO of HIAS, said that while "the rallies have been very important and have contributed to highlighting support on this issue, inside group pressure from a broad spectrum of Jewish groups is a significant player in a game where you need to turn only a small number of Republican senators."

KG2422

Mentor
They are fools. If we lose this continent so do they. Part of me thinks bring on the hordes. It may start an apparently inevitable war while we are still strong enough to win.Edited by: KG2422

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
what part of "illegal" do these fools not understand? no one is complaining about the legal immigration of foreigners. after all, our country already has the most lenient "legal" immigration policy in the world.

we're talking about "illegal" freaking immigrants. illegal means that they are criminals! WTF!?! why is it so hard for these buffoons to get it?

Bear-Arms

Mentor

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
The only thing I think that may be of any good in this issue is that I believe the Mexicans have tipped their hand too soon. I think they got a little bit ahead of themselves. I don't believe they are yet at a position to dictate policy as much as they'd like - and I think we can still come out of this with stricter laws against immigration.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Mexico won't use police to stop migrants. Captain Obvious shoots beer out his nose in a fit of laughter!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/world/3761864.html
an excerpt of the article follows...

March 31, 2006, 10:47AM
Mexico Won't Use Police to Stop Migrants
By OLGA R. RODRIGUEZ Associated Press Writer
© 2006 The Associated Press

CANCUN, Mexico â€â€￾ Mexican President Vicente Fox said his government was preparing to extradite at least 24 drug traffickers to the United States, but he ruled out using police to stop migrants on Mexico's side of the border.

Speaking to reporters in Cancun, where he was meeting with President Bush and Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper, Fox said Thursday he couldn't release the names of the traffickers facing extradition, and warned they might react violently to the prospect of being sent abroad.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Bear-Arms said:

These kids have more grit than our timid, cowardly leaders.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/62231.html

This week's tensions over immigration reform literally caught fire in the East Valley on Thursday when students raised a Mexican flag over Apache Junction High School â€â€￾ and then other students yanked it down and burned it.

I know (they) shouldn't have burned the Mexican flag," said Jacob Stewart, a 16-year-old sophomore. "I heard it was raised above the American flag and that just irked me."

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Do you think its mere coincidence that the HBO program "Walkout" aired at the same time as the rallies, protests, and 'walkouts?'

Edward James Olmos directs this HBO Films drama that tells the true but little-known story of a group of Chicano students who staged a compelling 1968 walkout to protest the injustices of the public high-school system in East Los Angeles. Starring Alexa Vega as Paula Crisostomo, an idealistic honor student who refuses to "play it safe" in a school system that clearly discriminates against Chicanos, instead banding with a group of activists to coordinate a multi- school walkout of students. Mentored by her charismatic teacher Sal Castro (Michael Peña), Paula learns that sometimes the price for progress is high -- but it's ultimately worth paying.

HBO Films presents "Walkout"

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
If Mexico is so great, maybe we should adopt some of their government policies here in the good old US of A. For example:

1) No foreigners allowed to own property.
2) End all welfare
3) End social security
4) Pay your own way penal system
5) End to free medical care
6) End prescription drug programs
7) End government disability benefits

I mean, after all, isn't the point of their protests - that they loooove Mexico more than the U.S? Let's give them Mexico. I bet that would cut down on the influx, wouldn't you say?

Bart

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
If Mexico is so great, maybe we should adopt some of their government policies here in the good old US of A. For example:

Good list Shogun. The Mexican cops are so corrupt, bribing them is second nature to the citizens. They could also show us how to purify our water supplies to meet their exacting standards.
smiley36.gif
I have to give them credit though, for taking Bush at his word. When he said he wants to leave no child behind, he was speakingof Mexico's children as well as ours.
smiley7.gif