Player Suspensions in "Bountygate"

Woody

Guru
Player suspensions in the N.O. Saints Bountygate scandal have been handed down.

Vilma has been suspended for the whole 2012 season until after the Superbowl. He pledged $10,000 of his own money for knocking out both Warner and Farve.

Anthony Hargrove was suspended for 8 games.

Will Smith was suspended for 4 games.

Scott Fujita was suspended for 3 games.

Hargrove, Smith and Fujita all pledged varying amounts of money and/or were instrumental in the scandal.

I don't know why that imp Harper has not been suspended...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...ded-for-2012-season?module=HP11_breaking_news

dwid

Hall of Famer
Yes Harper is missing, Jenkins should probably be added as well, but suspending those guys would probably give the Saints the advantage, they might have to resort to signing and playing a White safety that can actually COVER. 0 interceptions combined from them last season, and it wasn't like they were batting down passes either. I wonder if Scott Fujita was added on there just to have a White player involved. Pretty much all of the dirty hits on the quarterbacks in the 2009 playoffs came from Bobby McCray, not sure if he is still playing or not.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Scott Fujita on BountyGate

In his first statement since he was suspended for three games in the NFL’s investigation of the Saints’ bounty program, Browns linebacker Scott Fujita denied contributing money for bounties and insisted that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell was wrong to suspend him.

“I disagree wholeheartedly with the discipline imposed,” Fujita wrote in a comment posted on his website. “I’ve yet to hear the specifics of any allegation against me, nor have I seen any evidence that supports what the NFL alleges in its press release. I look forward to the opportunity to confront what evidence they claim to have in the appropriate forum. Until then, I stand by my previous comments. I have never contributed money to any so-called ‘bounty’ pool, and any statements to the contrary are false. To say I’m disappointed with the League would be a huge understatement. Any further questions can be directed to my union.”