Peyton Hillis

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Van_Slyke_CF said:
Let's go Peyton Hillis! Let's get another 100-yard game!

I'll be able to watch this game on tv today since the Browns are playing the Jets.
smiley32.gif

snow

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
Van_Slyke_CF said:
Let's go Peyton Hillis! Let's get another 100-yard game!

I'll be able to watch this game on tv today since the Browns are playing the Jets.
smiley32.gif

Lucky, they are showing crap games here. Does anyone know of a good stream that will be playing this game?

I have to go to church and won't be back until right when the game is starting, and probably will be freaking out trying to find a way to watch it. ATDHE.net is unreliable, a lot of times the streams pause every 20 seconds after watching it for 2 minutes. The Buffalo Wild Wings out here are real pricks as well, every time I want to watch a game featuring white players they say "We lost the remote control that controls the main dish, I can't change the game, your stuck with what is on bla blah".

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer

Patrick

Guru
Bart said:
I'm sure most of you have seen the Peyton Hillis videos at Youtube. This one shows him in a Denver uniform without Vickers and also contains highlights with him on the Browns. He's got his own version of the 'Leonard Leap' going. Impressive for such a big man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvgbO5apZSQ[/QUOTE]

Wow - no wonder McDaniels was so eager to get rid of the guy.

But in all fairness everyone is slamming McDaniels for the move and saying how "smart" the Browns were but the Browns GM, it was reported on the NFL Network today envisioned Hillis as being - get this - THE BACK UP FULL BACK. If it weren't for injuries he would have never got a shot.

What worries me is that the GM also said that once the other black back is healthy he "still thinks Hillis will have a place in the offense as part of a two pronged running attack" - huh? He might still have a place in the offense? Good God.Edited by: Patrick

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Patrick said:
Bart said:
I'm sure most of you have seen the Peyton Hillis videos at Youtube. This one shows him in a Denver uniform without Vickers and also contains highlights with him on the Browns. He's got his own version of the 'Leonard Leap' going. Impressive for such a big man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvgbO5apZSQ[/QUOTE]
<div></div>
<div>Wow - no wonder McDaniels was so eager to get rid of the guy.</div>
<div></div>
<div>But in all fairness everyone is slamming McDaniels for the move and saying how "smart" the Browns were but the Browns GM, it was reported on the NFL Network today envisioned Hillis as being - get this - THE BACK UP FULL BACK. If it weren't for injuries he would have never got a shot. </div>
<div></div>
<div>What worries me is that the GM also said that once the other black back is healthy he "still thinks Hillis will have a place in the offense as part of a two pronged running attack" - huh? He might still have a place in the offense? Good God.</div>

That's what worries me too, Patrick. Next season, will Hillis still be a starter? Or will Hardesty be the starter with Hillis getting some carries? With the way white skill position players are kicked around the league, anything is possible.

Wolfman82

Id say its pretty nieve to think Hillis is going to get to be a feature back in the NFL. Even if he had 3000 yards, 55 TDs, and his team won the super bowl. The next year he would be the teams second back at best. Enjoy him while it last, because the NFL wont tolerate another white tailback putting up great numbers. Not trying to be an a-hole, just calling it like Ive seen it since I started loving football. Even John Riggins had to fight the caste system. At one point he said he told his coach to just give him a linemans number if hes just gonna block.

Wolfman82 said:
 Id say its pretty nieve to think Hillis is going to get to be a feature back in the NFL. Even if he had 3000 yards, 55 TDs, and his team won the super bowl. The next year he would be the teams second back at best. Enjoy him while it last, because the NFL wont tolerate another white tailback putting up great numbers. Not trying to be an a-hole, just calling it like Ive seen it since I started loving football. Even John Riggins had to fight the caste system. At one point he said he told his coach to just give him a linemans number if hes just gonna block.

Riggins was given plenty of chances, to say the least. He held himself back with holdouts, other times he was injured.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Wolfman82, you may be right, but it does no good to be so pessimistic during such a rare time as we are in right now. I don't think anyone here has false illusions of grandeur about Peyton Hillis or any other White skill player. We realize how big the fight is and that the other side won't easily give in. Knowing all that, it doesn't hurt to enjoy a rare starting White RB or be optimistic about things slowly changing. Time will tell who is right, but I'm hoping that Hillis will again be the featured back in Cleveland in '11.

snow

Mentor
I think Hillis will get at least 200 carries next year, and if he doesn't fans will question and more will wake up to the caste system. The only thing they can do is let him share carries and get around 10 to 12 a game, which is how he started the season. He wouldn't be able to rush for 1k on that amount but still a decent. The main thing that matters is that he is on pace for a 1,000 yards rushing this year and if he stays healthy he will end the drought and open up more doors. He already has in a way. I have seen people posting on message boards about picking up guys like Brian Leonard or Jacob Hester saying they could wind up like Hillis is doing this year. He wound up with 82 rushing yards today on 19 carries, avged over 4 ypc and 1 td, the Jets were holding opponents rushing attacks to 3.4 ypc. Hillis was the reason they were in this game, and converted a crucial 3rd down, only to have the receiver fumble the ball on the next play. They could have won in overtime. From what I have read, fans only want Hardesty to be a change of pace back when he comes back so Hillis doesn't wear down. Besides Hardesty has bad knees.

Just looked it up, it looks like this is the 2nd most the Jets have allowed on the ground this year, Adrian Peterson rushed for 88 yards on 19 carries, but no touchdowns.

He now has 726 yards, and they next play Jaguars, Carolina, Dolphins, Bills, none who have great rush defenses, he has a great chance to break the mark within that 4 game stretch., could even easily do it in 3 games, just has to average 90 yards a game to do it in a 3 game stretch.
Edited by: snow

From ESPN:

What I didn't like: Browns rookie cornerback Joe Haden made a mental error by catching a third-down interception on Cleveland's 3-yard line. Instead of a New York punt on fourth down, Cleveland's offense was put in a tough spot, where a three-and-out set up New York's game-winning touchdown. I'm also not sure why the Browns didn't give the ball more to running back Peyton Hillis. After a fast start, Hillis finished with 19 carries for 82 yards and a touchdown. But this was the type of physical game where Hillis, who averaged 4.3 yards per run, should've had 25-30 carries.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Through 9 games, Juggernaut has 726 yards on 152 attempts (4.8 YPC) and 8 rushing touchdowns this season. He has 256 receiving yards on 34 catches and 1 receiving touchdown.

274 yards stands between Hillis and 25 insufferable seasons of totalitarian oppression. He'll need to average 39 yards per game in the remaining 7 games to reach the elusive 1,000 yard mark.

The Big Lie of black athletic superiority, a once treasured zenith of self-loathing white fanboys and Cultural Marxists throughout this perverted society, is now being inundated with unadulterated truth. The Caste System, once so meticulously built and so painstakingly upheld, is ebbing quickly now as young white children across the nation are saying "I am Peyton Hillis."Â￾

The Caste System's elderly monarchs had better say their bedtime prayers.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Thrashen said:
Through 9 games, Juggernaut has 726 yards on 152 attempts (4.8 YPC) and 8 rushing touchdowns this season. He has 256 receiving yards on 34 catches and 1 receiving touchdown.

274 yards stands between Hillis and 25 insufferable seasons of totalitarian oppression. He'll need to average 39 yards per game in the remaining 7 games to reach the elusive 1,000 yard mark.

The Big Lie of black athletic superiority, a once treasured zenith of self-loathing white fanboys and Cultural Marxists throughout this perverted society, is now being inundated with unadulterated truth. The Caste System, once so meticulously built and so painstakingly upheld, is ebbing quickly now as young white children across the nation are saying "I am Peyton Hillis."Â￾

I did the math yesterday too, Thrashen, and 39 yards per game is almost guaranteed. As long as he doesn't get injured we are good to go.

One thing I'd like to say though is some of the pessimistic comments regarding Hillis are definitely taking some of the joy out of this season for me. Patrick, I know you don't trust the Caste System, but at least for now lets enjoy this season. We will worry about what happens to Hillis next year.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Thrashen said:

AWESOME post!
smiley32.gif

Csonka72

Patrick said:
What worries me is that the GM also said that once the other black back is healthy he "still thinks Hillis will have a place in the offense as part of a two pronged running attack" - huh? He might still have a place in the offense? Good God.

This doesn't worry metoo much. Today's NFL is all about having two running backs; there are very few "Eddie George type" running backs anymore who carry 300 times. Take for instance the Bills, who drafted highly touted C.J. Spiller out of Clemson to simply be a change of pace back to pair with Marshawn Lynch.

If anything it would probably be a good thing for Hillis. Splitting time (70-30 or 60-40) with another running back will decrease the number of carries Hillis will get, thus reducing his chances of being injured and prolonging his career. Power running backs like Hillis don't often last long in the NFL.

Its an optimistic thought, Csonka. I hope you're right. I know everyone is down on Patrick for being a bit pessimistic, but he is just being realistic--Mike Furrey? Kevin Curtis? Toby?(The Jeopardy answer to those three names is "Whoare guys that had monster seasons the year prior and were barely seen or heard from again in the NFL.") Anyway, I choose to be optimistic and live in this great moment. Im just saying, judging by history, it would be naive to trust these caste clowns.That is why we are all here on Caste Football in the first place!

snow

Mentor
This is a new season and things are looking better. Welker is starting for the 4th consecutive year despite a knee injury at the end of last year. I think the situation with Hillis will be different. Furrey flew under the radar despite leading the league in receptions and Curtis was injured for 2 straight years after his breakout season, which is probably due to the fact that he was almost 30 by the time he got to start. Furrey was also almost 30 when he got to play wide receiver, and still had 61 catches for 664 yards the next year, he was just demoted to 3rd on the depth chart. It is much different than it was a few years ago, there are hundreds of articles written about Hillis, people know him, and realize he is great. Fans of other teams are even calling for their team to get someone like Hester or Brian Leonard because they think those guys could have a similar impact as Hillis if given the carries (I hope that comes true). People are more aware of the caste system (I think this site is pretty much the reason why)

I think the worst that could happen is a 60-40 situation, I was hoping they would make it to the playoffs which would solidify Hillis's role even more, but the loss to the Jets makes that scenario a little harder. They were willing to get rid of Jerome Harrison because he wasn't satisfied with his role in the offense with Hillis.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not worried about next season. What's taking place right now is too enjoyable. If the Browns can be as competitive in the next seven games as they've been in the past three -- beating the Saints, clobbering the Patriots, and nearly beating the Jets -- they will be a favorite to make the playoffs in 2011. And if Hillis stays healthy and keeps running the way he is, it will be almost impossible to not roll with him next year, even if he shares some carries with the super-fragile Hardesty, assuming Hardesty's even healthy enough to play by next September.
Edited by: Don Wassall

JReb1

Mentor
Look at the heat McDaniels and Denver took last year from the fans and media for not playing Hillis after his 08 success even though they weren't running successfully. Hillis is now much more popular, known and clearly one of the best and most successful RB's in the NFL. Peyton is also the most popular player on the Browns. I doubt ANY coach, GM and owner would take the heat and financial hit they'd certainly get if they were to bench Hillis again for an inferior affletic RB like Denver did.

WAR HILLIS!!!

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
It's been way too long not seeing a White running back start in the NFL.I'm not going to spoil the positives with pessimism, just enjoying something special in Hillis, Woodhead and sometimes Gerhart. Here's to all three showing up and shutting up the DWF's.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Q&A: McDaniels has let go of more talent than he's brought in
By Jeff Legwold
The Denver Post
Posted: 11/10/2010 01:00:00 AM MST

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels (Denver Post file photo)

Welcome back. And in honor of Veterans Day this week, today's question comes from retired Air Force Master Sgt. Ed Coca in Alamogordo, N.M. Send your questions via e-mail to jlegwold@denverpost.com.

Q: Do you think Josh McDaniels has learned not to be so quick to cut talented folks (Peyton Hillis, Ryan Torain) just because they weren't his picks? I know he did not just fall off the turnip wagon, but I am convinced he is stubborn and has a definite chip on his shoulder. I have been in charge of many men and women in my 20-year-plus military career and didn't have the luxury of selecting who I received, but learned what makes some folks productive, others couldn't care less about. In a nutshell, I firmly believe that the Broncos' organization requires a strong sense of balance in discipline as well as appraisal. Having the boss (Pat Bowlen or Joe Ellis) come down and pat a guy on the shoulder or shake a hand every now and then goes a long way and shows the team that supervisors truly care about his folks and will make them want to go to great lengths to make the organization succeed.

A: Ed, this has been the major bone of contention among folks who have taken the time to drop a line â€" many fans simply believe the Broncos have sent more talented players out the door than they've brought in.

Frankly, there are several personnel executives with other teams who believe the same thing at the moment. But all coaches have people they believe are "their guys," McDaniels included.

It's true in Denver and with the other 31 teams as well.

The trick is to maintain the chemistry in the locker room while maintaining the talent level to a point where you can compete. The perception that a team with good character cannot also be talented is simply false.

It's done all the time.

McDaniels has consistently said he likes the makeup of his roster, that decisions were
Post Poll - Worst trades

And if the Broncos were 6-2, instead of 2-6, those decisions wouldn't be getting as much attention right now. But the fact is that Hillis couldn't get on the field for the Broncos last season and he now leads the Browns in rushing and has outrushed the Broncos as a team.

The Broncos privately say he didn't practice well and fumbled too much. He seems to have repaired those issues.

Torain was cut, albeit with some injury concerns, but he also has 139 more yards rushing than any Broncos running back at the moment. Alphonso Smith leads the Detroit Lions in interceptions, Brandon Marshall is on pace for another 100-catch season, Casey Wiegmann is blocking for the league's No. 1 rushing attack and on and on.

McDaniels believed those players didn't fit what he wanted to do as much as the others he brought in. Almost none of the choices, beyond Brandon Lloyd exploding for a career season, has worked out the way fans believed.

That said, I'm not sure McDaniels is any more stubborn or more rooted in his convictions than other coaches in the NFL. Those are common traits, but he also hasn't been on the job long enough to show if he will adjust his approach if things don't go well.

And they certainly aren't going well. Most coaches believe you "stay the course" in tough times, but beyond the execution troubles the Broncos have had on the field, there is some thought around the league that the team simply is not as talented as it was in 2008, when it finished only 8-8.

Which is saying people in the NFL believe the current Broncos are not as talented as a team that missed the playoffs and had one of the worst defenses in the league. And that may force the Broncos to take a hard look at how they're putting their roster together and how those decisions are being made.

With many fans upset Josh McDaniels traded Peyton Hillis, Denver Post columnist Mark Kiszla offers the three worst trades in Broncos history. Which would you vote as the worst?

Total Votes = 7086
CB Willie Brown traded to Raiders in 1967: He's enshrined in Canton; players that Broncos got back are not.
29.43 %
DL Curly Culp traded to the Chiefs in 1968: Six-time all star shining example of finding place on field for unusual talent.
2.766 %
DL Lyle Alzado traded to the Browns in 1979: Think Rulon Jones would trade his 73.5 career sacks for Alzado's Super Bowl ring?
8.735 %
Kiz is goofy, the Broncos' worst trade is Peyton Hillis: Think where the Broncos would be now with a running game.
59.06 %
made in order to "do what you think gives you the best chance to win."

Jeff Legwold: 303-954-2359 or jlegwold@denverpost.com

And comments are about 90% positive on the article

phil3333

Csonka72 said:
Patrick said:
<div>What worries me is that the GM also said that once the other black back is healthy he "still thinks Hillis will have a place in the offense as part of a two pronged running attack" - huh? He might still have a place in the offense? Good God.</div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div>This doesn't worry metoo much. Today's NFL is all about having two running backs; there are very few "Eddie George type" running backs anymore who carry 300 times. Take for instance the Bills, who drafted highly touted C.J. Spiller out of Clemson to simply be a change of pace back to pair with Marshawn Lynch.</div>
<div></div>
<div>If anything it would probably be a good thing for Hillis. Splitting time (70-30 or 60-40) with another running back will decrease the number of carries Hillis will get, thus reducing his chances of being injured and prolonging his career. Power running backs like Hillis don't often last long in the NFL.</div>
<div>i agree completely,there is no way hills is not rb1 next year barring injury and it will benefit him and</div><div>prolong his career to have someone to take about 25% of the snaps</div>

I definitely saw something encouraging on the Browns' website. They have a big picture of Hillis with his arms open, hishead tilted up as hes screaming and the image says "sign up for 2011 season tickets." That seems like a good sign!

Woody

Guru
They simply can't use Hillis as the poster-man (boy just doesn't work for him) for the 2011 season and not make him the main guy. That would amount to fraud, and would be apparent to every fan. I believe that he will be the face of the franchise, and I agree phil3333, he should get 75% of the carries. (though he should get more than 75% of the snaps, as he is a much better reciever and blocker than anyone on the team, and blocking and recieving probably aren't as tiring as totin' the rock)