On With The Debate

Westside

Hall of Famer
Its not over. Back in 2004 Kerry was up around 5 points in various polls two days before the election and still lost. Most of the polls are not accurate, the MSM is in the tank for BO, most of the pollesters are in the tank for BO.

Liverlips your right in that whites are being overwhelmed by other groups including the traitor whites who vote for BO.

I was thinking the other day, if WHITES can't keep a sport league fair(NFL) how in the hell will they keep an election fair? Everytime I see BO with whites supporting him I get sick!
smiley11.gif

My hope is that the Bradely Effect come into play. If any of you don't what it is I will explain later.

There were a number times in the debate that BHO interrrupted McCain. I was shouting at the screen, "Let the man talk, Barry." He also addressed mcCain as "John" a few times. McCain always called him "Senator Obama."
In this debate McCain did well and at least showed that he is a better human being that BHO.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Not sure what you guys think, but looks like Palin is getting crushed in the debate. I've been watching about the last 10-15 minutes (it's 8:30 CST right now) but it's not looking good, imo. Did I miss anything worthwhile that happened before I tuned in?

Menelik

Mentor
White Shogun said:
Not sure what you guys think, but looks like Palin is getting crushed in the debate. I've been watching about the last 10-15 minutes (it's 8:30 CST right now) but it's not looking good, imo. Did I miss anything worthwhile that happened before I tuned in?

Nothing worthwhile yet but I too think that Palin isn't doing so hot.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I contacted a few of my female friends and they all told me they think Palin is winning handily. Said she is confident, tough, etc.

Go figure.
smiley5.gif

Edited to add: All of them supported either Hillary or Obama in the primaries. Edited by: White Shogun

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I just watched a little, both of them are trying to outdo each other in their love for Israel. I half expect her to offer to go down on them and Biden to drop his pants and bend over.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
I just watched a little, both of them are trying to outdo each other in their love for Israel. I half expect her to offer to go down on them and Biden to drop his pants and bend over.

I was just signing on to point out this exact same thing. Sickening.

I had to lol in disgust earlier in the debate when Biden said that one of the things the slow economy is going to put on hold in an Obama presidency is the doubling of foreign aid. I just shake my head and say What.The.f**k.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Palin is doing well because she has not stammered and stuttered,and seems to know the issues. She has done a lot of Israel but kissing,as has Biden.Joe has been around for decades, so he is expected to do fine. Biden made me sick with his stance on gay rights, and marriage,Palin was also a little too tolerant on that subject, but at least she does not endorse queer weddings.

Most people have their minds made up on the issues. If grading on style points, delivery etc. they both are pretty good.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Bart said:
Palin is doing well because she has not stammered and stuttered,and seems to know the issues. She has done a lot of Israel but kissing,as has Biden.Joe has been around for decades, so he is expected to do fine. Biden made me sick with his stance on gay rights, and marriage,Palin was also a little too tolerant on that subject, but at least she does not endorse queer weddings.

Most people have their minds made up on the issues. If grading on style points, delivery etc. they both are pretty good.

She sure was tolerent on the gay issue, I half expected her to say "not that there's anything wrong with it".

Yes both have done well in the delivery catagory. I now like Biden better then Barry, so the J.E. Rayscenario, post election,may not be a complete disaster.

Bart

Hall of Famer
As the debate goes on, she is getting better, and good ol' Joe is bent on showing us heis a Home Depot hanging around lunch pail guy. Yeah right.The pubbies, especiallywomen will be thrilled with her, and the libs will be thrilled with him. Edited by: Bart

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Bart said:
As the debate goes on, she is getting better, and good ol' Joe is bent on showing us he is a Home Depot hanging around lunch pail guy. Yeah right. The pubbies, especially women will be thrilled with her, and the libs will be thrilled with him.

Yeah, she is doing much better. Seems more folksy, charming, scoring points. Much better.

Not really going to matter though, it's like Bart said, libs will trumpet Biden as the winner, the 'pubs will say Palin won.

She's coming across much more optimistic and positive than Biden. He's downright depressing.

She had a much better closing statement I thought. He started to drone.... monotone... must.. sleep .. now.....zzzzzzEdited by: White Shogun

Bart

Hall of Famer
I like how Biden said he lovesMcCain then proceeded to rip him a new one, a mile wide, and deep. That aisle crossing stuff of McCain didn't gain any Democrat love for him, and certainly left him in the lurch with a lot of Republicans. Good plan, John.

The GOP aint called the stupid party for nuthin. Edited by: Bart

Kaptain

Master
Two people with prepared answers to prepared questions who rarely disagreed on anything of substance for over an hour. All rhetoric. That both have mastered the art of talking without saying anything. Then the talking heads talk about such important things as who seemed more "folksy" and who pronounced a General's name correctly. What's new. Once again we all lose.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
for anyone who missed it, but wants to watch the "debate" here's a link to part 1, and you can follow the lies from there. ugh.

when exactly did robust, actual debate fall out of the picture in American presidential politics?

Kaptain

Master
This movie line would have been my response:

My reaction

BTW, is there any way to directly load videos onto the screen, or does that take up too much space?

Jimmy Chitwood said:
when exactly did robust, actual debate fall out of the picture in American presidential politics?

Around the time Israel became a nation would be my guess.

I wonder if Joe Six-Pack and Sally Soccermom are bothered by their leaders constantly fawning over a foreign, unfriendly nation. How could you not be???

Rhodes1980

I might be "out of line" by saying this but if you think about it, all of the campaigning and debating doesn't really matter because everyone has their minds made up on who they want to vote for. (then again that's just my own personal opinion)

I personally feel that that debating and campaigning is just giving it that little "extra something." My mind was made up when I found out who was running. If you know the background of each canidate, what they're about and what they've done, then you know that you already have your mind made up. It's just a matter of hoping and praying your guy wins.

This is also just my opinion.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Palin at one point said she "loved" Israel, which caused Biden to blather about how he was Israel's greatest friend.Politicians used to pretend the Jewish supremacist state was an ally, but now everyone must profess their undying love for a foreign country and their commitment to prevent "a second Holocaust." The presidential campaign and the debates may as well take place in Israel.

Remember the Founding Fathers' warnings about "foreign entanglements"? The U.S.-Israel relationship is far beyond an entanglement. More like a takeover, sanctioned by churches and Fox News viewers.