O. J. Simpson Dead at 76

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
One thing that I will always remember about OJ's 2,000 yard season .... at the end of the game he was several yards short of the 2,000 mark. However, the league immediately went back and reviewed tape of the game and decided that the yardage given to him during the game had been short. So they gave him several more yards, and those yards had put him over the 2,000 yard mark.
They made it sound like this was regular procedure - to review the games, and adjust yardage accordingly.
However, I have never heard of this before or since. And I have never heard anyone talk about this added yardage either.
They gave him a few extra yards for P.R. purposes.
Anyway, as far as I am concerned, O.J. Simpson never rushed for 2,000 yards. Close, but no cigar.

One thing that I will always remember about OJ's 2,000 yard season .... at the end of the game he was several yards short of the 2,000 mark. However, the league immediately went back and reviewed tape of the game and decided that the yardage given to him during the game had been short. So they gave him several more yards, and those yards had put him over the 2,000 yard mark.
They made it sound like this was regular procedure - to review the games, and adjust yardage accordingly.
However, I have never heard of this before or since. And I have never heard anyone talk about this added yardage either.
They gave him a few extra yards for P.R. purposes.
Anyway, as far as I am concerned, O.J. Simpson never rushed for 2,000 yards. Close, but no cigar.

Wrong. I watched the game on TV. He went over 2000 with several minutes left.

What you referred to happened with Mercury Morris in 1972. When the last game of the season ended, Morris had 991 yards. The Dolphins asked the league office for a review. They found nine extra yards in a game earlier in the season, giving Morris an even 1000 for the 1972 season. It was a statistician's error on a lateral play that mistakenly took nine yards from Morris' rushing total for the game. Larry Csonka had over 1100 yards that year and gave the Dolphins two 1000-yard runners in the same backfield.

Last edited:

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
The old saying if you have nothing good to say about a person in death than you say nothing applies for Simpson the man, but Simpson the running back was probably the most dynamic running back I have ever seen.

Anyway feel free to hash out Simpson and his misdeeds in this thread...https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39920478/oj-simpson-dies-cancer-age-76-family-says
All I'll say is that there's a 99.9% chance he got away with murdering his wife Nicole and Ron Goldman and or was at the scene and had assistance in doing so. The evidence against him was clear and he fled and threatened to kill himself. He inflicted numerous brutal attacks on Nicole and told her he would kill her. A jury member said on camera that her decision to find Simpson not guilty was payback for happened to Rodney King.
That's not saying anything bad about Simpson. Just stating the facts of what he did, which is not good, so I guess it is bad, but truthful.
Obviously, he was a good running back, but unfortunately that's not what I'll remember him for. Even if there's very minute chance he didn't do it, he brutally attacked a woman and that's wrong.
Not once I'm aware of that he showed any remorse.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Simpson to me symbolizes the widespread acceptance of black on White violent crime and the collective black mentality against White people.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Hmm.... that's not the way I remember it. Perhaps it was in another game. Or perhaps it was at halftime where they added to his total. Will have to do some research.

Hmm.... that's not the way I remember it. Perhaps it was in another game. Or perhaps it was at halftime where they added to his total. Will have to do some research.

What I described above is the way it was. You obviously have a defective memory. The play putting Simpson over 2000 is on youtube. There were about six minutes left on the clock. He then came out.

It was in "another game," but in 1972 to get Mercury Morris enough yards to make 1000 for the 1972 season.

Last edited:

icsept

Master
After football, OJ Simpson became an actor. The entire OJ murder story was a scripted, made for TV charade that launched court tv, 24 hour news channels, the kardashians, Cochran, slow speed chase, racial division, Al cowlings, mark furman the racist cop, Shapiro, Dershowitz, ito, Clark, Cato, etc. It was a gift that kept on giving with a civil suit with a “33” million dollar judgment, books, mini-series, movies, and then a second trial with OJ convicted for stealing back his memorabilia and getting “33” years in prison. I was fooled as everybody before we figured out that all the world’s a stage and reality tv is fake.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
Simpson to me symbolizes the widespread acceptance of black on White violent crime and the collective black mentality against White people.
I saw Bill Rhoden talk about how we "hated Simpson" but hated the White power structure worse, that about sums up the Black view on White people.

This is from a guy who worked at various Ivory tower newspapers and gets to pontificate on Black power views on the NFL and the quarterback position on his website funded by ESPN.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
After football, OJ Simpson became an actor. The entire OJ murder story was a scripted, made for TV charade that launched court tv, 24 hour news channels, the kardashians, Cochran, slow speed chase, racial division, Al cowlings, Shapiro, Dershowitz, ito, Clark, Cato, etc. It was a gift that kept on giving with a civil suit with a “33” million dollar judgment, books, mini-series, movies, and then a second trial with OJ convicted for stealing back his memorabilia and getting “33” years in prison. I was fooled as everybody before we figured out that all the world’s a stage and reality tv is fake.

Yes sir. The whole world is a stage but 99 percent of humanity will never believe that. I know we've been taught lies about everything
from A to Z. Yes I think it was a hoax but I will say there were domestic violence calls in the past of OJ & Nicole.

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I saw Bill Rhoden talk about how we "hated Simpson" but hated the White power structure worse, that about sums up the Black view on White people.

This is from a guy who worked at various Ivory tower newspapers and gets to pontificate on Black power views on the NFL and the quarterback position on his website funded by ESPN.
Rhoden is a fine example of the benefits of black privilege there is in journalism.

It should also be pointed out that many White women who decide to travel down the same path as Nicole Brown Simpson endure dates ranging from murder, rape,
assault to being left as a single mother with offspring that have no resemblance to them. Unfortunately Nicole Brown “paid the toll” but some White women fail to pick up on the lesson. I’ll certainly admit that all men are capable of such acts but per capita it is the OJs of the world that have really lived up to the stereotype.

Apologies if this rant is off topic but with more folks waking up I feel that it is appropriate to connect the dots.

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
After football, OJ Simpson became an actor. The entire OJ murder story was a scripted, made for TV charade that launched court tv, 24 hour news channels, the kardashians, Cochran, slow speed chase, racial division, Al cowlings, mark furman the racist cop, Shapiro, Dershowitz, ito, Clark, Cato, etc. It was a gift that kept on giving with a civil suit with a “33” million dollar judgment, books, mini-series, movies, and then a second trial with OJ convicted for stealing back his memorabilia and getting “33” years in prison. I was fooled as everybody before we figured out that all the world’s a stage and reality tv is fake.
Nicole Brown was nearly decapitated. And I don't think Ron Goldman's father would have devoted his life to going after Simpson if it was a hoax. There certainly are hoaxes, drills and crisis actors, but there are also some very violent people who commit heinous crimes. The aftermath of Simpson's killing spree was turned into a years long media circus, but the crime itself was real enough.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
I guess we will never know now who killed them because OJ had sworn he would spend the rest of his life looking to find whoever did it.

As Norm MacDonald said “ murder is now officially legal in the state of California “

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Just look into numbers and then like with covid you will know many times if it is a fake or real scenario. Most will never wake up to the fact
that the world is run by signs, symbols and numbers.

It's possible he did it as I stated about he had a domestic violence call on record. He also didn't want her dating even long after the divorce.

icsept

Master
Nicole Brown was nearly decapitated. And I don't think Ron Goldman's father would have devoted his life to going after Simpson if it was a hoax. There certainly are hoaxes, drills and crisis actors, but there are also some very violent people who commit heinous crimes. The aftermath of Simpson's killing spree was turned into a years long media circus, but the crime itself was real enough.t
“Nicole was nearly decapitated.” Based on what we were told to believe by the “news” and Hollywood. Everybody accepts the premise with no proof (19 kindergartners, Trayvon martin, Rodney King, George Floyd…) then we argue about the details. They give both sides enough facts to support their biases and keep the reality show on with high ratings.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
There are grisly photos of Nicole after her death you can see by doing a search. I support alternative interpretations of a lot of events, but apparently you don't think high profile murders ever happen. So do you think O.J., Nicole, the Goldman kid and Goldman's father were brought together and agreed to follow a script. "Nicole, you will pretend to be dead and will never be seen again but you can continue your life under a new name in a new country." "Ron, same for you." "Mr. Goldman, you will spend the next 30 years suing and pursuing O.J. and never collecting any significant damages from O.J. while pretending to be a grieving father." "O.J., you will spend years in jail during your trial for the murders and then again years later when we pretend you participated in an armed robbery, rather than continuing your career as a popular former jock turned actor."

icsept

Master
There are grisly photos of Nicole after her death you can see by doing a search. I support alternative interpretations of a lot of events, but apparently you don't think high profile murders ever happen. So do you think O.J., Nicole, the Goldman kid and Goldman's father were brought together and agreed to follow a script. "Nicole, you will pretend to be dead and will never be seen again but you can continue your life under a new name in a new country." "Ron, same for you." "Mr. Goldman, you will spend the next 30 years suing and pursuing O.J. and never collecting any significant damages from O.J. while pretending to be a grieving father." "O.J., you will spend years in jail during your trial for the murders and then again years later when we pretend you participated in an armed robbery, rather than continuing your career as a popular former jock turned actor."
Can grisly photos be faked? Who took the photos and who published the photos? You can either accept the entire story, or question the entire story. I reject the entire story. If you can make a movie with gory scenes and a fantastic storyline, you can make a fake news story the same way. That’s my position.

icsept

Master
I don’t believe OJ spent a day in jail. That’s a belief based on what we were told by the liars making untold amounts of money from their lies.

icsept

Master
No disrespect to the news believers. But, you have to admit you have no first hand knowledge of any of these fairytales.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
So if you think two people were murdered and you weren't at the scene yourself to see it happen then you're somehow a "news believer"?

Very weak argument, I didn't realize your position was so over the top. It's heartening to know O. J. was such a solid citizen whose reputation was harmed by a hoax. I guess those taped phone calls of Simpson screaming at Nicole and threatening her and the bruises she sometimes sported were all carefully planned and executed over a period of years to make the faked murders seem more believable, because after all I wasn't present at the time to make sure any of it actually happened.

So if you think two people were murdered and you weren't at the scene yourself to see it happen then you're somehow a "news believer"?

Very weak argument, I didn't realize your position was so over the top. It's heartening to know O. J. was such a solid citizen whose reputation was harmed by a hoax. I guess those taped phone calls of Simpson screaming at Nicole and threatening her and the bruises she sometimes sported were all carefully planned and executed over a period of years to make the faked murders seem more believable, because after all I wasn't present at the time to make sure any of it actually happened.

Don, so a couple of posters think Simpson killing two people was a "hoax." Some of us are old enough to remember Simpson being selected by the entire media apparatus and the major corporations as a media darling and corporate sponsor. And these nonsensical posters think an "innocent" O.J. Simpson was the target of a hoax by the same people who made him the best-known athlete of his time?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Don, so a couple of posters think Simpson killing two people was a "hoax." Some of us are old enough to remember Simpson being selected by the entire media apparatus and the major corporations as a media darling and corporate sponsor. And these nonsensical posters think an "innocent" O.J. Simpson was the target of a hoax by the same people who made him the best-known athlete of his time?
Yes, getting back on topic, it's difficult to overstate how popular O. J. was for a long time. He won the Heisman Trophy in 1968, arguably the most fateful year in the history of the United States and Western civilization. The Permanent Cultural Communist Revolution went into high gear in '68, as did the Caste System in sports along with its media enablers.

Simpson was a great college runner for USC, a school that then still symbolized the best of Southern California as the 1960s were golden years for the Golden State. He was personable and charismatic, and never identified with the black militancy that was raging at the time, and for which he took a fair amount of criticism from the militants. Whites didn't feel threatened by him and he genuinely seemed to like Whites and felt comfortable around them and sought them out, which made his transition into being a corporate symbol for Hertz seem natural. He was the most liked prominent Black athlete ever by White America.

In his first three NFL seasons Simpson only gained 697, 488 and 742 rushing yards. He didn't crack 1,000 yards until his fourth season in '72 when he led the league with 1,251 and then came the 2,000 yards in '73 followed by league leading marks of 1,817 yards in '75 and 1,503 in '76, the last season he broke a thousand yards. But that 2,000 yard season made him a mega-superstar and he parlayed that into corporate endorsements and later broadcasting and acting. His role in the three Naked Gun comedies came in the years leading up to his killing of Nicole and Ron. Otherwise his life might have been similar to Joe Namath's, doing commercials and acting jobs, golfing and basically being himself, the mostly beloved former jock/public personality.