Notre Dame

sunshine

Mentor
Yeh I thought the ball was knocked out around the two yard line but the refs and the announcers can't chew gum and think at the same time so amidst the chaos evryone forgot to think about that important thing. Big difference between 2 yard line and half a yard for TD. I could be wrong but the cameras never focused in on where the damn ball went out of bounds. Crushing loss because ND deserved to win it. They blew several oppurtunities including a bad fumble by the TE. Saw that coming a mile away.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Poop, thats exactly my thought. The ball flew backwards out of bounds, not where he was hit. They spotted the ball even closer to the goalline than where he was tackled! And there were 5 seconds left, not 7, which if the ball had been spotted where it should have been, USC would have had to try for the field goal. Those few extra seconds and the spot of the ball gave USC the game.

And Kaiser, I hadn't thought of that but you're right, too.

I don't think it was a conspiracy, I think it was poor officiating. They panicked when they didn't make the right call in time to stop the clock, so they made up the rest as they went along. Truly bad break for ND as I felt without the confusion they probably would have held and won the game or sent it into overtime.

If the officials were on the ball, thats how it should have worked out. USC gets the ball on the 2, five seconds left, USC trys for the field goal and either loses the game or it goes into OT.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
That was one of the craziest games I have ever seen, and one of the most exciting. I think there were a couple of problems with the way it ended, but its over now. I hope Matt wins the Heisman again.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I had wondered about the lack of replay review for this game. I know Notre Dame has used it when playing Big Ten teams.

I talked to a fellow who went to the game, an Irish fan of course and he said that Notre Dame lets the visiting team decide if they want to use replay review before the game. USC refused which seems odd but it certainly worked out for them.

whiteCB

Master
I don't know about you guys but my favorite play in the game was when Zibrowski pushed Bush in the back hard to the ground after he scored that one TD. I wish Bush would have even tried to attack him and Tom would have brought out the golden gloves and open up a can of whoop a$$ on good ol' Reggie.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yeah, it was fun seeing him running Bush down. I really hope Bush doesn't win the Heisman. I think if Leinart doesn't get it again, no white in the forseable future will have a chance of winning it twice.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Notre Dame keeps on winning.Brady Quinn had almost 500 yards passing today with 6 td passes and no interceptions.Simply amazing.Fasano had 5 catches for 55 yards.Jeff had 10 catches for 154 yards and 2 td's.If only they could have won the 2 games that barely slipped away.Regardless,Notre Dame is for real and has a good shot at playing in a BCS Bowl.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Charlie Weis is having success this season with the recruits of Tyrone Willingham and Bob Davey. We'll have to hope he likes the less black look of the Irish because he just signed a contract through 2015. That's got to be one of the longest coaching contracts ever signed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2207478

white lightning

Hall of Famer
What a great game by Notre Dame again today!They are just a machine on both offense and defense.Jeff Samarjza had another big game with 7 catches for 128 yards and a touchdown.He extended his Notre Dame Record for consecutive td receiveing games to 8 in a row!Brady Quinn was steady as a rock throwing for around 300 yards.Our boy,Tom Zibokowski had 2 touchdowns.One on a interception return and yet another on a punt return.This team is just so fun to watch.I hope they can finish in the top 8 and make a BCS Bowl.It would be really great to see them play in Tempe in the Fiesta Bowl.Go Fighting Irish!!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Ditto that whitelightning. That catch and run by Fasano was awesome too. I usually get loud when I watch Notre Dame, at least this year. They make me get into it emotionally, which is cool. I think they will end up in a BCS bowl.

Poacher

Mentor
I just read an article whch quoted a Tennessee linebacker as saying
that Samarjza was probably the best receiver they've faced all
year. Don't hear that too often. The Irish have three games
remaining (Navy, Syracuse and Stanford) and if they can win all
three they'll be in a big bowl game at the end of the year. They
are ranked 7th in the latest poll, up one from last week.
It's funny....last year I dearly wanted ND to lose every game because
of their capitulation to the media pressure to hire a minority.
Now, since they had the guts to dump Willingham (which took A LOT
of courage on the part of ND...they knew what the media would do to
them) I want them to win every game. They can win those
last three games. I would love to see them dismantle Marcus Vick
in a bowl game. Awesome. By the way, it is shameful
how they've ignored Quinn for the heisman. CNN.SI only seems to
put pictures of Vince Young and Marcus Vick on it's first page.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
If only they had won the other two nail bitters.He would have had to be considered one of the favorites.The 2 losses really hurt them despite the fact that they were close as hell and not really his fault.Brady Quinn is a fine a qb as any in the country.Next year he should be one of the Pre Season Heisman Favorites along with Vick who I personally don't like.

There is an obvious and deliberate media black</span>-out
of Zbikowski. This kid a highlight reel waiting to happen.
But has anyone alse noticed the tone of voice used by the ESPN
jock-scarfers when they run highlights of Tommy Z's touchdowns?

"tom zbikowski fields the punt and goes 78 yards for the score...poor coverage by Tennessee....yaaawn...zzzz...."

</span>Compare that with Vince Young's highlights: "VINCE
YOUNG --- HE'S GONNA WIN THE HEISMAN --- JUKES LEFT, MOVES RIGHT ---
MAKES THE DEFENDER LOOK STOOOPID --- TAKES OFF TOWARD THE PROMISED LAND
--- THEY'LL NEVER CATCH HIM --- HE GOES ALL THE WAY</span> FOR THE TOUCHDOWN!!!! VINCE YOUNG DOES IT AGAIN!!!!"

</span>You'd never know it from watching our controlled media, but
Tommy Z has 4 touchdowns in 3 games. He's playing for the
preeminent program in the country, and yet he's the invisible man (just
like teammate Brady Quinn).

I said it before and I'll say it again -- Tommy Zbikowski's problem is that he has a funny last</span> name; if he had a funny first</span> name, something like "Z'bikavious Jackson," he'd be hyped like there's no tomorrow.

</span>

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Some guys were talking about black football players and speed last night. When one of them said he thought blacks had an extra ligament in their calves, I told them Tom Zbikowski doesn't and noone has been able to run him down all year. I mentioned his 2 touchdowns Saturday against Tennessee. They didn't say anything else.
smiley36.gif

whiteCB

Master
Good job Co.Reb some of these white guys think they are scientists and actually think blavk people have this magical extra muscle in their legs. I almost laugh when I hear that and ask them to explain to me which med school did they attend.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Considering these guys are undergrads, I cut them a little slack.
smiley36.gif

surfsider

Guru
After Zbikowski's punt return Patsy Haden tried to explain his success at punt returning with the usual mealy-mouthed comments about finding a way and being "just fast enough".

white tornado

Mentor
Tom Zbikowski would make an great RB due to his speed and Strength. Zbikowski was a great option Qb in high school. You would think that he would have been moved to tail back but he's white so they put him at safty.

Considering Weis's offensive creativity while he was with the Patriots,
I really thought that he might have used Zbikowski in some offensive
sets to take advantage of Z's speed and running ability. However,
Weis and Zbikowski seem to have some personal differences --- nothing
major --- but I think Weis is not as enamored with Tommy Z as you think
he'd be.

On the other hand, if you put Zbikowski into an offensive set, it would
automatically pull at least one defender in his direction, leaving the
field just a bit more open for Brady Quinn to do his thing.

voice

Guru
"Tom Zbikowski would make an great RB due to his speed and Strength. Zbikowski was a great option Qb in high school. You would think that he would have been moved to tail back but he's white so they put him at safty. "

White Tornado I agree 100%. Have you noticed how slow the ND RB is? He runs in Molasses!

BTW, Most NFL running backs aren't more that 4.6 guys. Very rare for 4.4 guys. I bet Corey Dillon runs a 4.8 but knows how to use his blockers.

I watch the vikings and Mewelde Moore is a VERY good back. He lasted till the 4th round because the best time he ran was 4.65!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Jeff Samardijza just had an 80 yard catch and run touchdown on the second play of the game against Stanford. He got a great block from Matt Shelton and outran the Stanford secondary. That puts him over 1,000 yards for the season, and he also set the Notre Dame single season receiving touchdown record with 14.
smiley20.gif
smiley32.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
A great come from behind, last minute win for the Fighting Irish over Stanford, making them eligible for a BCS bowl. Charlie Weis's first year has been a great success.

Samardzija ended up with a whopping 192 yards on 8 receptions and 2 TDs. Brady Quinn threw for 432 yards and 3 TDs. What a fun team to root for they've been this season.

On the all-black (?!) "Sports Reporters" today, one of the panel
said Samardijza will "be a stud in the NFL."

white lightning

Hall of Famer
What a game and what a year for Samardijza.Notre Dame is just a great team to watch with white stars all over the field.Brady Quinn is as fine a qb as there is in all of college football.Go fighting irish!