NFL Playoffs Divisional Week

foobar75

Master
Yes, they deserve to lose. Even Rodgers is not on his A game. Time to put all our eggs in the Patriots basket.

If you have a shaky defense, it will cost you in the playoffs. If your offense has an off day as well, you're dead. This is why the Patriots are not a sure thing against the Ravens next week.

It was not a good sign when Rodgers kept pulling it down and running in the first half. He did make some first downs, but Rodgers beats you by passing, not running. When Rodgers did get the ball downfield he had drop after drop.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
I just won $50. I was watching the news and they were talking about the man in Georgia that shot two guys for being 49ers fans and my wife made a comment about rednecks and guns and responded by saying it is definitly a black or hispanic that did the shooting, because they shot people for stupid things like that. Sure enough I was right.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
If you have a shaky defense, it will cost you in the playoffs. If your offense has an off day as well, you're dead. This is why the Patriots are not a sure thing against the Ravens next week.

It was not a good sign when Rodgers kept pulling it down and running in the first half. He did make some first downs, but Rodgers beats you by passing, not running. When Rodgers did get the ball downfield he had drop after drop.

I was thinking the same thing. Defense wins championships as they say and the white friendly teams with the exception of Texas are very dark on the defensive side of the ball. The Saints, Packers, Patriots are all offensive high light reels but weak on defense.

Another thing about the Packers and Patriots, they have that high powered passing team and they play in open air stadiums in the north. They really need to get a dome. One of the reasons Manning didnt win more championships is that the offense minded Colts could only win in the post season if they had secured home field advantage. For the Packs and Patriots the home field doesn't help them as much as say the Saints or Colts.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Packers should have gotten rid of Ryan Grant a long time ago. His fumble cost them this game.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
49'ers vs. Ravens Superbowl? I've got an open Sunday in February.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Crapola! Hopefully the Giants lose to the Patriots in the "big game."

dwid

Hall of Famer
I was thinking the same thing. Defense wins championships as they say and the white friendly teams with the exception of Texas are very dark on the defensive side of the ball. The Saints, Packers, Patriots are all offensive high light reels but weak on defense.

Another thing about the Packers and Patriots, they have that high powered passing team and they play in open air stadiums in the north. They really need to get a dome. One of the reasons Manning didnt win more championships is that the offense minded Colts could only win in the post season if they had secured home field advantage. For the Packs and Patriots the home field doesn't help them as much as say the Saints or Colts.
I would like to keep them with the stadiums. White players play better in the cold. The Pats don't have a problem passing in the snow, as long as its to guys like Welker.

I just won $50. I was watching the news and they were talking about the man in Georgia that shot two guys for being 49ers fans and my wife made a comment about rednecks and guns and responded by saying it is definitly a black or hispanic that did the shooting, because they shot people for stupid things like that. Sure enough I was right.
So you won $50 of your own money back? :biggrin:

Anyway back on topic... GB was a huge disappointment today. They were the only team left in the playoffs I really liked and they just choked it away. I suppose that from a Caste perspective, the Patriots are the obvious choice now.

What does CF think about "hispanic" guys like Aaron Hernandez who, based on skin tone, looks to have at least 80% European ancestry? If he's not white, do you consider someone like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicente_Fox (click for picture) white?

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
Obviously the Patriots are our best hope now, but no matter who wins from here on out, there are some great White players to root for, who will be instrumental in any victory by any of the remaining teams.

So, as bleak as it is right now, it's nowhere near over. The Pats will probably win it all, but even if they don't, at least a White QB-led team will win, and a lot of the better supporting casts on the remaining teams are arguably White players.

It's certainly better than that idiotic LSU/Bama "national title" (LOL) game.

John Reese

I would like to keep them with the stadiums. White players play better in the cold. The Pats don't have a problem passing in the snow, as long as its to guys like Welker.

Actually, the exact opposite has been happening, though. The darker Patriot teams with Antowain Smith, Corey Dillon, and Kevin Faulk on the rock, Troy Brown, David Patten, Deion Branch, and David Givens at wideout, Daniel Graham at tight end, and Lawyer Milloy, Ty Law, and Rodney Harrison on defense, used to win more as it got colder. They were winning Super Bowl, after Super Bowl, after Super Bowl as the mercury dipped.

As the team got "lighter", they stopped winning as it got colder. Last night, they won their first playoff game in 4 years.

foobar75

Master
The Patriots aren't in The Big Game unless they beat the Ravens next week. As I wrote earlier, they will lose if they play like the Packers did today.

You mean the Pats could take out, say, Gronk or Welker out of their game plan in the opening drive, the same way the Pack took out Jordy? Then yes, it could happen.

The tone was set early. Coaches generally design the 10-15 first plays of any game and then take it from there. Clearly, Mike McCharty didn't feel that Jordy Nelson was worthy of being part of his plan to open the game and establish some momentum. Instead, I saw Jennings, Driver, Jones, and Finley as the receivers, with multiple drops along the way. Jordy took the field on the last play of that drive on third down, and the Pack got a FG, and from there, you could tell things were simply not the same.

What kind of team does that to its most potent big play threat? Wouldn't you design some plays specifically for him to get him going early? Joe Buck quoted Giants DC Fewell as saying that Jordy was the one they were most worried about, so even the opponents know who the biggest offensive weapon is, but not the Packers coaching staff?

They deserved to lose this game, with that blackening defense and overall roster. Unfortunately, we're very close to having an unwatchable SB, unless the Pats come thru next week.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Actually, the exact opposite has been happening, though. The darker Patriot teams with Antowain Smith, Corey Dillon, and Kevin Faulk on the rock, Troy Brown, David Patten, Deion Branch, and David Givens at wideout, Daniel Graham at tight end, and Lawyer Milloy, Ty Law, and Rodney Harrison on defense, used to win more as it got colder. They were winning Super Bowl, after Super Bowl, after Super Bowl as the mercury dipped.

As the team got "lighter", they stopped winning as it got colder. Last night, they won their first playoff game in 4 years.

TROLL ALERT!!!!

dwid

Hall of Famer

in 2007 the Patriots came back to have a lead over the Giants until Manning had a miraculous comeback which was their best season, a few minutes from going undefeated. They had Whites on defense like Mike Vrabel and whatever the hell Teddy Bruschi is, and Superbowls are played in domes, they continue to have a winning record, with a pretty White offense. Their defense has gotten worse the darker it has gotten. Their offense was not exactly potent with Faulk, Brown etc, full of field goals. Antowain Smith had a total of 86 yards on 26 carries in the Superbowl. They ran the ball and the line was still White. Go look at how they pass in the snow with Whites catching the ball.

Last edited:

foobar75

Master
Putting the best spin on it, the Giants aren't that much worse demographically than the Packers. NY has a White TE, FB, QB and 2-3 linemen. On defense they have the much maligned Chase Blackburn, who always plays well. GB has (part-time) Jordy and 2 White starters on defense, and 4 White o-linemen, Kuhn, and a black TE. Plus management seems intent on reverting to the league mean when it comes to White players.

You know something, you're absolutely right. I believe our perception of GB as a "White-friendly" team might be a carry over effect from last year whey they had an almost 50% White roster, and double digit starters. I also think Jordy's success at a caste position may have clouded our judgment.

Let's see, QB, TE, FB, 3 OL, Blackburn, Tollefson, that's 8 Whites who see the field on any given snap for the Giants. That's only 1 less than the Pack (QB, FB, 1/2 WR, 4 OL, 2.5 LBs).

Really, the only truly White-friendly teams are the Pats and Texans, who unfortunately lost today.

The Hock

Master
Yeah, didn't the Packers have a white/black loss/gain of 10 this year over the title team last year? Could you imagine if it were the other way around? Dey would be grumblin' in dat locker room fo sho 'nuff.

That's one bright side to the Puckers getting their asses bounced.

Truthteller

Mentor
What does CF think about "hispanic" guys like Aaron Hernandez who, based on skin tone, looks to have at least 80% European ancestry? If he's not white, do you consider someone like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicente_Fox (click for picture) white?

Aaron is Puerto Rican, which should come as no surprise, considering he's from Bristol, CT (were ESPN is based). Bristol and the larger surrounding towns (i.e New Britian) have significant Puerto Rican populations, as well as a ton of Polish-Americans. Word is Aaron's mother is Italian (according to the Providence Journal), which might account for him looking fairly white at certian angles. But just by looking at him, I would've suspected both his parents were hispanic. Aaron's brother**, D.J., played in the Big East as a QB/WR and was considered a fringe NFL prospect as a slot-receiver. I would say he's slighly whiter looking than his younger brother, although they have a similar look in terms of hair and facial features.

** http://rivals.yahoo.com/connecticut/football/recruiting/player-D.J.-Hernandez-17302

Truthteller

Mentor
Yeah, didn't the Packers have a white/black loss/gain of 10 this year over the title team last year? Could you imagine if it were the other way around? Dey would be grumblin' in dat locker room fo sho 'nuff.

That's one bright side to the Puckers getting their asses bounced.

This is true Hock. That's perhaps the sole consolation I take away from this bitter loss today. Seems like the Packers didn't like being the darlings of Caste Football and went about changing things in very "subtle ways". They didn't get rid of any key white starters, but lost 6 or 7 white backups/special teams types. Swain, Poppinga, Havner were sent packing and a few valuable white OL's were allowed to leave via free agency and replaced by black backups. They also seemed to make a horrid first pick, probably because they were embarrassed by their All-White O-line, that led them to a Super Bowl victory
icon13.png

One good piece of news is Ted Thompson no longer has to take input from "high ranking exec" Reggie McKenzie, who left for Oakland last week. Not sure how much impact he had via Pro Personnel, but it's likely good news that he's gone. Finally, it would be cool if they have a Texans type draft this spring and pick some whites that can rush the QB (i.e. Watts, Reed, Barwin) as Clay III can't do it alone....Perhaps a white safety (Harrison Smith) and sure-handed white TE that can be sure-handed would be nice, also.

The Hock

Master
Weak pass rush for the Packers so the secondary doesn't get all the blame for the Giant's completions, but there is such a thing as tackling the guy once he catches the ball. On some of those Giants catch and runs I watched the Green Bay secondary running around and I thought, where have I seen this before? Then it hit me. The Keystone Cops. In their earlier episodes where they hadn't quite coordinated their act that well. Yeah Thompson, draft some more of those.

wile

Master
As a long time Pack fan I'm putting this loss on the O side of the ball, drops, fumbles, poor passes from Rogers, poor play calling doomed this game. As for the D, I want the Texans' D with the addition of a white secondary player at least. Last night they did get some hits on Eli but they were not consistent and the secondary has been Keystone all year long.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
To summerize my thoughts on the weekend in football, I'd say the results were good, not great but certainly not bad.

I'll start with the 49ers and Saints. Basically a wash with each team having a White QB and one "skill" player of note. Justin Smith and Scott Shanle. Brees is elite where as Alex Smith really needed a big game to silence the doubters. Also, New Orleans truly is a negro city and the ebonics laced "who dat" has been annoying for far too long. I'm glad the 49ers won.

New England, by far, allows the most Whites to play skill positions on offense outta any team so rooting for Denver (basically the Steelers with Tebow) made no sense. I'm glad they put up 45 but it really coulda been 60 against that coal defense. Denver needs to fire John Fox and draft some more White on offense and defense. NE just needs to play up to their ability and send the Black Birds home next week.

The Texans game was disappointing but we should be happy with how the Texans played. The D was excellent and Watt and Reed will be studs to go with Cushing and Barwin, already beasts. The offense struggled, as one would expect with a 3rd string rookie QB, but despite all that they would have won if not for Jacoby Jones. His fumble really was the difference. I'd like to see him off the team and replaced by Maehl. At least the Ravens have Flacco, Pitta, Johnson, Kruger and Tommy Z.

In the game that interested me the most, I can't say I'm mad the Giants won. Let me explain. Basically the Giants are a Nelson and Matthews away from being the Packers demographically. The amount they blackened since the Super Bowl is one good reason they deserved to lose. Another is their "part time" role for Jordy Nelson. Yet another is their awful, negro D line which hasn't had an impact player since the days of Aaron Kampman. This loss should be a wakeup call to the Pack to return to what took them to the top. Their draft will be of utmost interest. As for the Giants, Manning played great and deserves much more credit than he gets in the MSM and here. Chase Blackburn was excellent again at MLB. Sash was in on D a bit. I'd like to see Ballard more involved in the passing game next week.

The optimal Super Bowl at this point is NY vs NE but there would be some positives in a SF vs Bal matchup. A far cry from Steelers vs Cardinals coal bowl of yesteryear.