NFL Playoffs Divisional Week

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
In an ideal scenario for my own tastes, I'd like for New England to be champion this year, for the obvious reason that their team is relatively White (especially on offense), but also because Tom Brady isn't quite so young anymore and if he's going to get another ring, this would be a good year to get one. Having two SB rings would make his career even better than it already is, and establish New England as a somewhat caste-busting franchise.

I'd still be happy if the Texans won the SB because they too have a relatively high number of Whites on their team, but I think they're still up-and-coming and will be back for more next year and for some years after that.

I'd also be happy if Green Bay won. The only reason I'd want Denver to win is for Tebow's sake; the rest of the Broncos save Decker don't do much for me.

In a way, no matter who wins the Superbowl now isn't that bad for our cause, because at least there aren't any more Black QBs to steal the spotlight.

northwinds

Mentor
"In an ideal scenario for my own tastes, I'd like for New England to be champion this year, for the obvious reason that their team is relatively White (especially on offense), but also because Tom Brady isn't quite so young anymore and if he's going to get another ring, this would be a good year to get one. Having two SB rings would make his career even better than it already is, and establish New England as a somewhat caste-busting franchise."

Yep, I think the Patriots winning is best for our cause. With so many whites at the skill positions this would be best. Also, Welker needs a ring.....he was deprived of a ring and a SuperBowl MVP against the Giants when Asante Samuel dropped an easy Eli Manning interception which would have ended the game.....not to mention the ridiculous "helmet catch" that the Danny Coale refs would have called incomplete.

Two years ago, it was difficult to argue that Welker was a top ten WR in the league without getting ridiculed on main-stream forums. Now I regularly call him a top ten WR and "potential" HOFer without any resistance. His body of work with Brady is getting hard to ignore.....and a SuperBowl win this year would certainly solidify that tandems place in NFL history. Not to mention, wouldn't it be great to see Woodhead break an 80 yard TD in the big game to make up for the lackluster season he has had due to lack of use.

Here's hoping for a Patriots/Packers SB, with the Patriots getting the win and Jordy Nelson having a game like he had a year ago........:hail:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
In an ideal scenario for my own tastes, I'd like for New England to be champion this year, for the obvious reason that their team is relatively White (especially on offense), but also because Tom Brady isn't quite so young anymore and if he's going to get another ring, this would be a good year to get one. Having two SB rings would make his career even better than it already is, and establish New England as a somewhat caste-busting franchise.

I'd still be happy if the Texans won the SB because they too have a relatively high number of Whites on their team, but I think they're still up-and-coming and will be back for more next year and for some years after that.

I'd also be happy if Green Bay won. The only reason I'd want Denver to win is for Tebow's sake; the rest of the Broncos save Decker don't do much for me.

In a way, no matter who wins the Superbowl now isn't that bad for our cause, because at least there aren't any more Black QBs to steal the spotlight.

Brady's been on three Super Bowl winning teams; a fourth would tie him with Terry Bradshaw and Joe Montana for the most.

foobar75

Master
Just tuned in to this game while waiting for the other one to start. What an incredible play by Justin Smith, completely manhandling the sumo trying to block him and then reaching over and grabbing Brees, bringing both of them down.

Patrick

Guru
It wasn't a sack but that was one of the most impressive plays I've ever seen a D lineman make - Justin Smith literally pushed the tackle up to Brees then reached over him, grabbed Brees and pulled Brees and the tackle down with him.

dwid

Hall of Famer
The Texans winning would be in our best interests. Teams always try to copy the Superbowl winner, so if a White defense with guys like Watt, Cushing, Barwin win, teams technically should try to duplicate that. Teams have given more White guys a chance at wr with the success or Welker, and definitely will look for another Gronkowski. You can't clone Brady and picking up an elite qb isn't an exact science (many people would claim the success of the White skill players is because of Brady), it would be much easier to pick up guys in the mold of Barwin and company.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
However this game ends up, Alex Smith deserves a lot of credit for how he's played, today and all season. Drew Brees is probably the most accurate quarterback ever, but Smith has made some fantastic throws of his own today, and has thrown the ball away at the right times.

Edit: Wow, what a TD run!

backrow

Hall of Famer
wow, what a play by Alex Smith! i'0m happy for 49ers to win, Justin Smith is one of my favorite players and at least they have a few white receivers on the roster (not that they use Swain much, even though he's on the field a lot!)

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Great run by Alex Smith the much maligned/oft-criticized by the DWFs who wanted Troy Smith to replace him last year. He showed great athleticism and 4.6 speed on that run! What a great come back year for him.

foobar75

Master
Incredible run by Smith, but too much time left for Brees. Interesting ending coming up.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Dan Marino just said that he thinks Broncos will seriously miss Decker which diminishes their chances of success (that was his number 1 reason why this game will be hard to win for Tebow and Broncos)

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The two minute hurry up offense continues to be a relic of the past. No team knows how to run it anymore.

Anak

Mentor
These black defenders are so inept, they literally fell over themselves on that Graham TD.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
About the only way to beat Brees is for another quarterback to play just as well or better, and that's what Alex Smith did.

foobar75

Master
Alex Smith just made a name for himself! Incredible stuff here in the 4th quarter.

Anak

Mentor
Alex Smith is clutch, he has shown glimpses of that for years.

Patrick

Guru
Patriots shred the "vaunted" Denver Defense also known as the "only reason Tebow wins games" in 5 plays, less than 2 minutes. Not even close.

I thought it might be a tough game for the Pats, certainly starting off like its going to be a massacre.

PS - what an amazing game by SF / NO - glad I watched - 4 lead changes in last 3 minutes, amazing.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Alec Smith has probably shed the choker label with this comeback and Vernon Davis is a beast. This season has shown that tight ends have been under utilized for years on most NFL offenses. An athletic tight end creates so many matchup problems. Ps already the Patriot Gronk-Hernandez duo have had two huge plays as the game has just started.....