NFL News, Rumors and Musings

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I hope AP blows out his knee again. Also cannot stand Weenieworld. Those guys suck and could use a beating to clear up their afflete fetish.

Westside

Hall of Famer
I can't see AP being in tip-top physical condition to be an every down back much less playing every game. I see Burkhead having a break out year with or without AP on the NE roster. He will not be denied. I saw this in 1979, Paul Hofer a white running RB with so much ability supplanted OJ Simpson from the get go. Unfortunately, Hofer was injured the following year.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
AP was a good back in his prime. I'll always remember him for his fumbles(34) and lack of SB win/playoff appearances. He's got good stats so he'll be no doubt Hall Of Fame given the way things are currently set up. Like others have mentioned HOF selection has been watered down recently more lax with allowing just about anyone in. So that's that. Horrible news if he signs with NE. Crowded backfield.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like New England won't sign Peterson. AP and Blount are the two RBs I'm worried about the Patriots signing who might consign Burkhead to a lesser role, especially with Lewis and White on the roster. Peterson might be washed up, but he might not be. I mean he did lead the league in rushing in 2015. I'm surprised he hasn't been signed by now.

CSN New England's Tom Curran suggests the Patriots hosted free agent Adrian Peterson only to "do a solid" for his agent, Ben Dogra. Patriots owner Bob Kraft spoke out against Peterson when he committed child abuse two years ago, and Kraft also said Joe Mixon is off New England's draft board for Mixon's off-field misdoings. Per Curran, the Patriots have always had a "good relationship" with Dogra, whose highest-profile client (Peterson) isn't so much as getting free agent sniffs. Curran is confident Peterson won't be joining the Pats. "I think it’s a mere back-scratching for Dogra that the team hopes Dogra may remember somewhere down the line when doing a deal," Curran wrote. Indeed, Peterson left Monday's visit to Foxboro without a contract.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Tony Romo may instantly become CBS's #1 analyst for the new season, working alongside Jim Nantz. Pretty amazing. If so he'll replace motormouth Phil Simms, who has always been a caste clown announcer; hopefully Tony will be more like another Dallas QB, Troy Aikman, than Simms. Even if he isn't I'll be very happy if Simms is finally demoted.

Sports Business Daily's John Ourand reports Tony Romo has a verbal agreement in place to join CBS Sports as the network's No. 1 game analyst. Romo will reportedly replace Phil Simms as the color pair for Jim Nantz, although Ourand reports he does not want to call both Thursday night and Sunday games right off the bat. The NFL has made it clear networks must use their top team for the TNF broadcasts, a stipulation which prevented Mike Tirico from replacing Al Michaels full time on Thursday nights last season. Romo also had an offer from FOX Sports to replace John Lynch on the No. 2 team, but he did not want to wait behind Troy Aikman for the top spot. There is little chance CBS would be willing to offer Romo this kind of opportunity without assurances he is truly putting his NFL career behind him, which suggests his retirement is likely to stick.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
This is what I've been worried about:

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Patriots and free agent LeGarrette Blount have mutual interest in working out a contract. Bleacher Report's Mike Freeman also reports it's a "fact" that New England wants Blount back in 2017 after he led the league with 18 rushing touchdowns and rushed for a career-high 1,161 yards. Blount's asking price appears to be what's holding this thing up, as he wants to make more than the $1 million he was paid in 2016. Blount has drawn no known interest outside of New England, though he had been loosely connected to the Giants and Lions earlier in the offseason.

icsept

Master
This is what I've been worried about:

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Patriots and free agent LeGarrette Blount have mutual interest in working out a contract. Bleacher Report's Mike Freeman also reports it's a "fact" that New England wants Blount back in 2017 after he led the league with 18 rushing touchdowns and rushed for a career-high 1,161 yards. Blount's asking price appears to be what's holding this thing up, as he wants to make more than the $1 million he was paid in 2016. Blount has drawn no known interest outside of New England, though he had been loosely connected to the Giants and Lions earlier in the offseason.

It goes to show that 1,161 yds and 18 TDs is not what it seems. Probably the 3.88 ypc and age 30 are the more significant stats. I guess it wouldn't bother me if Blount was the goal line/short yardage back. I hate to see Burkhead running up the middle against a stacked front on obvious running downs. That's how the Lions used Zenner last year.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Another white qb gone. Cutler has gotten no attention on the FA market either.

Cutler should be coveted by a number of teams. The New York Jets would be helped by Cutler. When you're white, though, "should" be coveted doen't equal "is" coveted.

Maybe he's asking for more money than teams are willing to pay.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Let's see if Wigger Pete invokes black privilege for this bum:

Seahawks QB Trevone Boykin was arrested for the second time in two weeks on Thursday.

Popped for public intoxication and drug possession last Monday, Boykin was picked up on Thursday for violating his 2016 probation agreement. In other words, the second arrest is related to last week's episode, not a new incident. Boykin was arrested in Dec. 2015 for drunkenly assaulting a police officer during TCU's bowl week. Boykin's status as Russell Wilson's No. 2 is on life support.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Let's see if Wigger Pete invokes black privilege for this bum:

Seahawks QB Trevone Boykin was arrested for the second time in two weeks on Thursday.

Popped for public intoxication and drug possession last Monday, Boykin was picked up on Thursday for violating his 2016 probation agreement. In other words, the second arrest is related to last week's episode, not a new incident. Boykin was arrested in Dec. 2015 for drunkenly assaulting a police officer during TCU's bowl week. Boykin's status as Russell Wilson's No. 2 is on life support.

You really can't make this stuff up? Yet these guys make millions of dollars to play a kids game while most of society struggles to put food on the table. Is it too much to ask to just say to these athletes to stay out of trouble. We all know this guy is like pac man and so many others. Spoiled, showoffs, who respect no one. The me generation. This guy doesn't deserve to ever work at Walmart.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
You really can't make this stuff up? Yet these guys make millions of dollars to play a kids game while most of society struggles to put food on the table. Is it too much to ask to just say to these athletes to stay out of trouble. We all know this guy is like pac man and so many others. Spoiled, showoffs, who respect no one. The me generation. This guy doesn't deserve to ever work at Walmart.

Seriously, if you were a manager at Walmart would you hire this guy? I wouldn't.

Not only does this guy not deserve to work at Walmart he might not be able to get a job there.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Beau Allen suffered a pectoral injury and his 2017 season is now in doubt - we can't catch a break

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Beau Allen suffered a pectoral injury and his 2017 season is now in doubt - we can't catch a break

No kidding.. Injury bug hitting early this year.. Really sucks he was in prime position to hold down that starting NT spot..

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Can you imagine a White athlete -- any White athlete -- doing this and having it merrily shrugged off like this? He'd be stigmatized the rest of his career as at the very least suffering from "off the field character issues." Of course, this basically is nothing compared to the far more serious antics Lynch has engaged in and emerged from unscathed. From our anti-White friends at weenieworld:

Marshawn Lynch had a run in with an autograph seeker at Los Angeles International Airport on Monday. It's a slow news day. Pestered by two teenagers after getting off a plane, Lynch is alleged to have cracked a phone and "spit in their direction." One of the teens is apparently considering assault charges. More than likely, this will be the last we hear of it. It should have zero effect on Lynch's thus far stalled attempts to un-retire.

Tannehill17

Mentor
Mega cuck Pittsburgh Crawfords owner Dan Rooney died. He was the creator of the ultra racist Rooney rule.

Another sports race traitor bites the dust. Hopefully Mark Davis, Stephen Ross, Dean Spanos, and the cuck owner of the 49ers joins him soon. I also hope there's a special place in hell for Bud Selig.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Mega cuck Pittsburgh Crawfords owner Dan Rooney died. He was the creator of the ultra racist Rooney rule.
Dan Rooney was one of the original members of CF's HOF of most disliked white men. The other detestable members are Carson Palmer, Rex Ryan, John Elway and Cris Collinsworth. Newest member awaiting enshrinement as voted in by CF members is President Donald Trump. I did not cast a vote. I am waiting to see what plays out for at least a year. Good riddance to Rooney. He won't be missed.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
Yes the crypt keeper died yesterday.

I always tried to figure out what was going on in the head of Rooney. Maybe he was told stories on the knee of his father or grandfather about discrimination of Irish people by Anglo-Saxon employers(it didn't happen to him). Maybe it was guilt about being so rich off of a former semi pro football team that is now worth 1 billion+. Like Ted Kennedy I toasted a symbolic Guinness Stout to the news.....

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Yes the crypt keeper died yesterday.

I always tried to figure out what was going on in the head of Rooney. Maybe he was told stories on the knee of his father or grandfather about discrimination of Irish people by Anglo-Saxon employers(it didn't happen to him). Maybe it was guilt about being so rich off of a former semi pro football team that is now worth 1 billion+. Like Ted Kennedy I toasted a symbolic Guinness Stout to the news.....

It was genuinely sad when his father Art Rooney Sr. ("The Chief") died. He had started the Steelers with a few thousand bucks he borrowed in between bouts at the horse races. The Chief may have been politically liberal but he never talked about politics, he was just a friendly old coot that everyone liked and respected. Dan, however, was a doctrinaire leftist with the personality of a dead fish who looked like a walking corpse the past decade or so. The Pittsburgh TV stations are treating his passing like that of a President, but of course he had a great many friends and he'll always be revered by the Caste System NFL for obvious reasons.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer