NFL Draft 2008- LSU Tigers

rajuncajun

Guru
I am a big LSU fan and played there briefly in mid 80's (1 season), it was AWESOME seeing both Craig Steltz and Jacob Hestor dominate over the dark chocolate Florida Gators! What is unfortunate is that my gut is that both kids will NOT be looked as 1st or 2nd round draft picks in April because of their skin pigment. Steltz is the BEST Safety in college football and Hestor should get 1,000 yards should the Tigers make it to the SEC Championship game as that should count for his yearly stats. He is not as nifty as Brian Leonard, but would be a GREAT contributor to any NFL team.

jared

Mentor
Even if they were black I think they're both 2-3 rnd prospects right now. I would like to see more of Steltz (this is his first year as a starter) before I say he's 1st round material. I think he does have the requisite athleticism though. I think if Hester drops 10 lbs. to maximize his quickness and agility in the Combine drills he stands a chance at second round. Otherwise there's just too many solid RB's likely to come out this year.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
There are alot of highly ranked junior RBs that will probably come out this year but Hester has to be in the top 3 of senior rb prospects. If he is able to keep it up he has a chance to be a late first day pick. I do not see how a coach would not want a guy like this on his team.

backrow

Hall of Famer
first day, sure, but as jared stated it will be hard for them to go in second round, and nigh impossible to go in first. lots of factors, their skin color being a major one.