phil3333

just wanted to say hello and i am glad i found this site,i was beginning to think i was the only one that was aware of and disgusted at the treatment of white athletes in perticular running backs.<div>i have had first hand knowledge of this as i played rb years ago in texas, i was 5' 10'' 190lbs my best time</div><div>in the 40 was 4.45 and i benched 360lbs. not bad numbers for the time (graduated in 1982) i attended</div><div>kilgore high school my freshman year where get this i was the back up fullback and starting noseguard</div><div>on the freshman team.</div><div>i also ran track my freshman year competing in the 100 and throwing the shot i was the 4th fastest and</div><div>only white guy on sprint team,i was told by the head fb coach that they wanted me to move to offensive guard my sophomore year
smiley5.gif
i was like no way, my dad was told by one of the assistant coaches if i wanted to play rb i should look at going somewhere else as they was no way a white kid was going to play tailback</div><div>at this school. the head coach and all but one assistants were white.</div><div>my parents moved me to another school,sabine high school, where get this my head coach was black</div><div>and i did get to play tb unfortunately are team was awful, we went 1 and 9 my junior year and 5 and 5</div><div>my senior year i also had a couple of knee injuries but had a decent career there but no scholarship offers</div><div>from any larger schools, had 2 offers to small colleges but wound up saying fk it and going to work in the family business. on a side note when i run freshman track at kilgore the fastest kid in the district was white</div><div>he won all the meets in the 100 and 200, he went to palestine high school and get this on the football team he was an offensive lineman</div>

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
phil3333 said:
on a side note when i run freshman track at kilgore the fastest kid in the district was white</div><div>he won all the meets in the 100 and 200, he went to palestine high school and get this on the football team he was an offensive lineman</div>

he probably still wasn't considered "afletic" enough!!!

welcome to the board
smiley32.gif