NCAA Indoor Championships

SteveB

Mentor
UPDATED - Here are the list of the top white collegiate sprinters and jumpers competing in the NCAA Indoor Championships. Good luck to them.

60m
4. Trey Griffin, Texas
12. Jared Connaughton, UT-Arlington
200m
16. Travis Picou, Air Force
400m
3. Aaron Buzard, Minnesota
60M Hurdles
7. Jeff Hunter, Arizona
High Jump
3. Kyle Lancaster, Kansas St.
4. Dusty Jonas, Nebraska
5. Scott Sellers, Kansas St.
7. Adam Linkenauger, Clemson
8. Tomasz Smialek, Akron
10. Aaron Plas, Nebraska
12. David Pendergrass, BYU
13. Will Littleton, UT-Pan Am
Long Jump
1. Fabrice Lapierre, Texas A&M
2. Arturs Abolins, Nebraska
5. Cody Eichmeier, Northern Iowa
8. Trey Hardee, Texas
9. Jaanus Uudmae, Arkansas

Trey Hardee could have made the field in the 60m Hurdles, but will be competing in the long jump and the Heptathalon where he is ranked #1 in the country.Edited by: SteveB

JGNYC

Only Travis Picou made the cut for the 200m and only Aaron Buzard for the 400m. Both Trey and Jared will run in the 60m.
The others will not be competing

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the updates guys.I see Domenik Peterson possibly winning the 400!He is quickly becoming a world class athlete!Trey and Jared would have to run a perfect race but I would be happy with a top 3-5 finish.I think that Hardee has a descent chance to win the hurdles and I will take F.Lapierre in the long jump.

JGNYC

Domenik Peterson can't win the 400m because he didn't make the cut. Only 16 people qualify to enter each sprint. However, this may be a coming out party for Aaron Buzard. Look for him to surprise a lot of people.

SteveB

Mentor
Trey Hardee is destroying the field in the Heptathalon. He ran a 6.71 sec (OMG!) in the 60m and long jumped over 25'! This guy is an incredible athlete at 6'5" 210 lbs to run those times. Can you imagine him as a wide receiver if he would have played football.
Edited by: SteveB

SteveB

Mentor
Trey Griffin advances to the 60m final by running a solid 6.67. Jared Connaughton ran a disappointing 6.78 in the prelims and didn't make the finals. Travis Picou also didn't make the finals in the 200m. He's only a sophomore, so he's got more opportunities in the future. Aaron Buzard made the 400m final.

Arturs Abolins gets 1st in the long jump with Fabrice Lapierre coming in a close 2nd. Both jumped over 26', incredible jumping from these guys. Cody Eichmeier was 4th and Trey Hardee was 7th. So much for white men can't jump.

Good luck to the high jumpers, Buzard, and both Trey's competing tomorrow.

Edited by: SteveB

white lightning

Hall of Famer
As always,thanks for the update.I would love to see one of these guys pull the upset.Just like when Wariner won in college,everyone was like,who the hell is that?

SteveB

Mentor
Griffin finished 5th in the 60m with a 6.69. Not bad since this is his first year of focusing on track in the last 5 years. Good luck to him in the outdoor season.

Aaron Buzard finished 4th in the 400m, Trey Hardee quit the heptathlon after a blistering 60m hurdles. At the end of the 60m hurdles, Hardee crashed into the wall and injured himself. Too bad as he was on track to break his own heptathalon record. Lancaster finished 2nd in the high jump.

Overall, a good showing from white sprinters and jumpers.Edited by: SteveB