Most naturally talented white players(by athletic positions)

Lugnut

Guru
Good evening everyone! New guy on the forum(reader for a while now).

This is a list based on natural talent/affleticism not skill(so don't kill me)

QBs;
Good to see the next generation training not just to be skilled bu also to be more athletic

1. Andrew Luck
2. Jake Locker
3. Ryan Tannehill

TEs;
Same with TEs. The prototypical white blocking TE (Witten) is a thing of the past. Rudolph, Fleener, Ertz, Eifert, Cameron, Gronk, etc are showing off some great athleticism

1. Gronk
2. Jordan Cameron
3. Kyle Rudolph

WRs;
White WRs are killing it recently.

1. Eric Decker
2. Jordy Nelson
3. Danny Amendola

MLB/ILBs
Some of the best MLBs recently have been white. this position is stacked by great whites.

1. Luke Kuechly
2. Brian Cushing
3. Sean Lee

OLBs

1. Clay Matthews
2. Ryan Kerrigan
3. Connor Barwin

DEs
Best players are white. enough said.

1. J.J. Watt(obviously)
2. Justin Smith
3. Chris Long

RBs
Sadly pure white RBs arent given a fair shot. Hybrid FB/RBs are more preferred.

1. Danny Woodhead
2. Toby Gerhart (hopefully they didn't fatten him up to be a FB
3. Rex Burkhead

*Note; 2010 Peyton Hillis would be clear nr1 based on pure athleticism even at 245-250 pounds, but he's woefully out of shape.

feel free to add your thoughts.

If you're basing their ranking solely off their athletic ability, I would personally place Jake Locker above Andrew luck. I believe Locker is arguably the most athletic Quarterback in the NFL given his size and physical abilities.

I'd also place Jordy Nelson above Eric Decker for having similar size, but elite level top-end speed plus the best body-control and catching ability of any wide receiver in the league.

Pie

Guru
If Jason Witten's are a "thing of the past," then the future is wrong.

In terms of game-changing overall effectiveness I don't think any TE in the last decade other than Gronkowski has surpassed Jason Witten. While some TE's will be able to put to good receiving stats without being effective blockers, they aren't truly producing the nightmare matchup that is the Witten/Gronk type TE.

Being a TE that the defense has to play heavy against to protect against the strong side run as well as having to cover with a LB+safety over the top is the real power of the position. Those are the guys that affect the entire fabric of the defenses scheme.

Thinking of receiver first TE's as the future is like thinking of read option system QB's as the future, imo.

I like your picks, but Jason Witten isn't the past, he has been the future for the last 10 years.

If Jason Witten's are a "thing of the past," then the future is wrong.

In terms of game-changing overall effectiveness I don't think any TE in the last decade other than Gronkowski has surpassed Jason Witten. While some TE's will be able to put to good receiving stats without being effective blockers, they aren't truly producing the nightmare matchup that is the Witten/Gronk type TE.

Being a TE that the defense has to play heavy against to protect against the strong side run as well as having to cover with a LB+safety over the top is the real power of the position. Those are the guys that affect the entire fabric of the defenses scheme.

Thinking of receiver first TE's as the future is like thinking of read option system QB's as the future, imo.

I like your picks, but Jason Witten isn't the past, he has been the future for the last 10 years.

I was thinking the same thing. Since when is a 100-catch-per-season TE a "blocking" TE?!?

dwid

Hall of Famer
Yes receiving tight ends may be tight ends in name only, often split out wide for the majority of the game, blocking is just as important. Jimmy Graham is considered the best te right now but he plays more than 60 percent of his snaps split out wide and was shut down last week before his injury, all they did was put Talib (corner) and a safety over the top. If he had better blocking skills he could have gotten better mismatches, this is why Gronk is the best up and comer, as long as he can stay healthy.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Carolina Panthers TE, Greg Olsen, very athletic, but suffers from playing for the Panthers and their inept QB Cam Newton.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
As far as natural athletic gifts, I'd include DE Margus Hunt & LB/WR/TE Jameson Konz (6'3, 250 with 4.3 40 y/d speed & a 46" vertical leap). Despite his (caste-esque) release from the Seattle practice squad (earlier this month), Konz was 1 of the most athletIc players in the entire NFL.

Lugnut

Guru
As far as natural athletic gifts, I'd include DE Margus Hunt & LB/WR/TE Jameson Konz (6'3, 250 with 4.3 40 y/d speed & a 46" vertical leap). Despite his (caste-esque) release from the Seattle practice squad (earlier this month), Konz was 1 of the most athletIc players in the entire NFL.

true that. Hunt is a freak of nature. I'll put him number 2, after Watt