MLB 2024 Season

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Just missed Nico Hoerner, who’s a great contact hitter and speedster. 43 stolen bases last year which was 6th most in all of baseball!
I've got Nico beside Swanson on the Chicago Cubs line. I believe he'll be the starting second baseman.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I've got Nico beside Swanson on the Chicago Cubs line. I believe he'll be the starting second baseman.
Oh I meant for his name to be emboldened. Yes, him and Dansby make a great middle infield tandem! Thanks the good write up.

white is right

Hall of Famer
This could be smoke and we find out that the fire was a pack of fire crackers burning through their short life cycle or this could be smoke and the biggest scandal in baseball since Balco and the first betting scandal since Rose in the late 80's..

This could be smoke and we find out that the fire was a pack of fire crackers burning through their short life cycle or this could be smoke and the biggest scandal in baseball since Balco and the first betting scandal since Rose in the late 80's..
so sick of non-whites coming here and speaking foreign languages and using the language barrier as an excuse for shitbag behavior / get out of jail free card. "It's just their culture". Well, my understanding is Asians love to gamble. I bet he will claim that he 'didn't know' gambling was against the rules... if he's guilty, then he needs the same treatment as Rose got.

I'm so jealous of our ancestors that got to live in homogenous societies.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Just wanted to bump this with the season starting in 4 days, I'll do the two corner outfield positions.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The election of Joe Mauer and Todd Helton to the Hall of Fame was mentioned in the 2023 MLB thread, posts 214-219 (we should have a yearly HoF thread for the Whites who make it), so since they'll be enshrined this summer I want to mention some interesting things I learned about them recently while reading an article on their election.

Mauer is undeniably one of the greatest high school athletes ever. He remains the only player ever to be named USA Today's National High School Player of the Year in two sports -- baseball and football. He was also chosen as Gatorade's National Player of the Year in both sports.

As a quarterback, in his junior and senior years Mauer threw for 5,528 yards and an amazing 73 TDs. He was planning to play QB for Florida State but went into baseball instead after his hometown Twins drafted him first overall in 2001. In three years of high school baseball for his St. Paul high school, Mauer never hit under .500 and only struck out once in his entire high school career. In his senior year he hit .605 with 15 homers and 53 RBIs.

Helton went to Tennessee on a football and baseball scholarship. Like Mauer he was a quarterback. In his first two years he backed up Heath Shuler, who was runnerup for the Heisman Trophy in 1993 and was a first round draft pick and was subsequently immortalized forever by ESPN on their endlessly played but never updated show of all-time busts that first aired in the 1990s.

Helton started at QB for Tennessee in '94 but suffered a knee injury in the team's fourth game and was replaced by none other than Peyton Manning, who was then just a freshman.

Two great athletes and two deserving electees to Cooperstown.

so sick of non-whites coming here and speaking foreign languages and using the language barrier as an excuse for shitbag behavior / get out of jail free card. "It's just their culture". Well, my understanding is Asians love to gamble. I bet he will claim that he 'didn't know' gambling was against the rules... if he's guilty, then he needs the same treatment as Rose got.

I'm so jealous of our ancestors that got to live in homogenous societies.

Pete Rose wishes he had interpreter like Shohei Ohtani: ‘I’d be scot-free’​

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Despite hitting .311 with an OBP of .354 and .600 SLG in the spring, Baltimore Orioles SS/2B Jackson Holliday will be reassigned to the minors to start the season. Holliday is considered to be the number 1 prospect in the game.
Management cited his rise has come so quickly he hasn't really faced much MLB pitching and only a handful of Triple A games last season and with a flood of talent the Orioles have in the infield, it can wait so they can consider other options, before bringing Holliday up.
I expect he'll make his MLB debut sometime around mid-season.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Now for something completely unrelated to anything discussed above, but probably just as relevant. Here is doubtless a good reason to risk your life going to the 'hood to watch a White Sox game in Chicago....

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Now for something completely unrelated to anything discussed above, but probably just as relevant. Here is doubtless a good reason to risk your life going to the 'hood to watch a White Sox game in Chicago....
That looks delicious footballdad! I remember when I used to travel some in Chicago over 25 years ago, it was pretty safe for a large city. Chicago had great restaurants. Chicago Chop House and Lino's Italian were all great! How things change, sad.

That looks delicious footballdad! I remember when I used to travel some in Chicago over 25 years ago, it was pretty safe for a large city. Chicago had great restaurants. Chicago Chop House and Lino's Italian were all great! How things change, sad.
Depends where you're at, really. Just a few blocks in one direction can drastically change the feel of the city. They've managed to "gentrify" much of the area around Wrigley.

Depends where you're at, really. Just a few blocks in one direction can drastically change the feel of the city. They've managed to "gentrify" much of the area around Wrigley.
went to Wrigley with my family and after the game we walked a couple blocks looking for somewhere to eat. There were *** flags everywhere, and we walked past a shop with *** sex toys in the window. We got the hell out of there. That was 20 years ago... before *** "marriage" was even commonly accepted by libtards. Can only imagine how bad it is now.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
3rd Basemen

Indicates standout / all-star level player

Atlanta Braves - Austin Riley* (37 HRs last year), Orlando Arcia (Mestizo)
Philadelphia Phillies - Alec Bohm* (20 HRs / 97 RBI last year), Edmundo Sosa (non-White Latino), Whit Merrifield
Miami Marlins - Jake Burger* (34 HRs last year), Jonah Bride, Vidal Brujan (black Latino)
New York Mets - Brett Baty, Joey Wendle, Zack Short
Washington Nationals - Nick Senzel, Ildemaro Vargas (Mestizo)

Milwaukee Brewers - Joey Ortiz, Andruw Monasterio (black Latino)
Chicago Cubs - Christopher Morel (black), Nick Madrigal (mulatto?), Patrick Wisdom (injured), Miles Mastrobuoni
St Louis Cardinals - Nolan Arenado* (White Latino mix?), Matt Carpenter, Brandan Donovan
Cincinnati Reds - Jeimer Candelario (mulatto/mestizo), Jonathan India (starting at 2B due to McClain injury)
Pittsburgh Pirates - Ke'Bryan Hayes (black), Jared Triolo

Los Angeles Dodgers - Max Muncy* (36 HRs, 105 RBI last year), Miguel Rojas (mestizo), Chris Taylor
Arizona Diamondbacks - Eugenio Suarez (mestizo), Emmanuel Rivera (mestizo), Geraldo Perdomo (black Latino)
San Diego Padres - Manny Machado (mestizo), Tyler Wade, Eguy Rosario (mulatto/mestizo)
San Francisco Giants - Matt Chapman* (elite defender), Wilmer Flores (mestizo), Tyler Fitzgerald
Colorado Rockies - Ryan McMahon, Alan Trejo (mestizo)

Baltimore Orioles - Ramon Urias (mestizo), Jordan Westburg (starting 2B, will pivot to starting 3B when Jackson Holliday is called up)
Tampa Bay Rays - Isaac Paredes (mulatto/mestizo), Curtis Mead, Austin Shenton
Toronto Blue Jays - Isiah Kiner-Falefa (Samoan/Hawaiian/Japanese/White), Justin Turner, Ernie Clement
New York Yankees - Jon Berti, DJ LeMahieu (starter but injured), Oswaldo Cabrera (mestizo)
Boston Red Sox - Rafael Devers (black Latino), Bobby Dalbec, Pablo Reyes (black Latino)

Minnesota Twins - Royce Lewis (mulatto), Kyle Farmer, Willi Castro (black Latino)
Detroit Tigers - Gio Urshela (mestizo), Matt Vierling, Andy Ibanez (black Latino), Zach McKinstry
Cleveland Indians (Guardians) - Jose Ramirez (black Latino), Gabriel Arias (black/mestizo), David Fry, Tyler Freeman
Chicago White Sox - Yoan Moncada (mestizo)
Kansas City Royals - Maikel Garcia (black Latino), Garrett Hampson, Nick Loftin

Houston Astros - Alex Bregman* (Jewish, judge Whiteness accordingly), Mauricio Dubon (mestizo), Grae Kessinger
Texas Rangers - Josh Jung* (starting 3B in all-star game as rookie), Ezequiel Duran (black Latino), Josh Smith
Seattle Mariners - Josh Rojas (mestizo), Luis Arias (mestizo), Dylan Moore
Los Angeles Angels - Anthony Rendon (mestizo), Miguel Sano (black Latino), Luis Rengifo (mulatto/mestizo)
Oakland Athletics - J.D. Davis, Darell Hernaiz (mulatto/mestizo), Abraham Toro (French-Canadian/mestizo)

Total Starters:
White - 10 NL, 4 AL
Black or mulatto - 2 NL, 1 AL
Non-White Latino - 3 NL, 9 AL
Asian or Pacific Islander - 1 AL

So overall more than half of starting 3rd basemen in MLB are non-White, which is obviously not great. The American League is much worse as well than the National League. As can be seen, there is a inundation of Latinos taking up spots. Of those, there are a few stars like Devers, Ramirez and Machado to name a few, but most of the others are mediocre talents. They shouldn't be sought after by MLB and are taking away spots from homegrown White (and even black) baseball players.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Opening day Angels get destroyed by the Orioles 11-3. Mike Trout went deep for an opening day HR.
Not a whole lot from the Orioles white stars with the exception of catcher Rutschman: 2-4, 3 runs scored and 2 RBI. the rest of the damage was done by the Orioles black player Mullins and Santander.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Opening day Angels get destroyed by the Orioles 11-3. Mike Trout went deep for an opening day HR.
Not a whole lot from the Orioles white stars with the exception of catcher Rutschman: 2-4, 3 runs scored and 2 RBI. the rest of the damage was done by the Orioles black player Mullins and Santander.
LA Dodgers beat the Cardinals 7-1.
Goldschmidt went 3-4 and a HR
Freddie Freeman had a big day as well. 2-3, 3 RBI, 2 runs scored and a HR.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
The Orioles destroy the Angels again, 13-4. I wish Mike Trout would've left LA a few years ago when Bryce Harper was trying to get him to join him in Philadelphia! Looks like another miserable year for Trout and the Angels.
Anyway, here's some stats from Saturday:

Henderson, BAL: 3-4. HR and 3RBI
Mountcastle: BAL: 2-3, 3 RBI
Ward LAA- 2-4, HR, 2 RBI
Hoskins MIL: 3-4, 4 RBI and a HR. didn't know Hoskins had been traded from Philadelphia?
Turang MIL: 3 stolen bases in 2 games went 2-5
Alonso NYM: 2-4, HR
DET Canha: 3-4, 3 runs, and a HR
CHW Shewmake SS: 2-4, HR
ATL: Olson, HR
ATL Kelenic: 3-4 2 RBI
PHI Realmuto: 2-3, HR
KC Witt Jr. 2-3, BB. Is hitting .500 through 2 games. Hot start
PIT Reynolds: 2-5 2 RBI
CHC Swanson: 1-2, 2 RBI, HR
TEX Seager: 4-5, 2 RBI
TEX Jung: 2-5, 2 RBY, HR
NYY Volpe: 2-4, HR
SFG Conforto: 2-4, 4 RBI, HR
SD-Rookie- Pauley 1-3 HR and 3 RBI
COL Doyle 2-3, 2RBI. HR
COL Blackmon: 2-5, 2 RBI
LAD Freeman: 3-5, RBI
LAD Smith: 3-5 2 RBI

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Honkeys wasting no time this evening hitting homeruns. Jung, Mountcastle, Trout, and Witt Jr. all hitting their second homerun of the season.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
Starting lineup for the Phillies against Cincinnati tonight:

DH Schwarber
6 Turner
3 Harper
2 Realmuto
5 Bohm
9 Castellanos
4 Stott
7 Merrifield
8 Marsh

Definitely the team to pull for if any at CF need a baseball rooting interest this season!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Mike Trout again!! HR number 2 tonight and his 3rd of the season!!

The question always is can he make it through a whole season anymore? Baseballs Greatest Player Ever if not for the injuries. Let's hope
his body holds up better in 2024. We know he is amazing when healthy. So fun to watch!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Starting lineup for the Phillies against Cincinnati tonight:

DH Schwarber
6 Turner
3 Harper
2 Realmuto
5 Bohm
9 Castellanos
4 Stott
7 Merrifield
8 Marsh

Definitely the team to pull for if any at CF need a baseball rooting interest this season!
Yessir PhillyBirds! Don't get to watch Philadelphia much, but check the box score almost every day. Hope they get to the WS. Harper has been slow in getting going. He should start heating up soon.
Not sure I liked them getting rid of Rhys Hoskins. I guess they had to make room for Harper at first after his TJ surgery.