MLB 2023 Season

Cardinals starting lineup tonight features the following white players:

Brendan Donovan 2B
Alec Burleson LF
Paul Goldschmidt 1B
Nolan Gorman DH
Tyler O'neal CF

Nolan Arenado 3B could almost pass for white. I believe he is Hispanic of some sort.
Tommy Edman SS i believe is part white / part Asian

1 black starter in Jordan Walker RF
Willson Contreras is the starting C - Hispanic.

Overall, not bad.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Some good performances tonight:
Gallo MIN. HR, (3)
Larnach MIN. Triple/3 RBI
Swanson CHI. 3-5 hitting .588
Bellinger CHI. 3 run HR
Pedersen SF HR
Yastrzemski SF HR
Raley TB. 2 HR's
Turang, MIL. first ML HR , Grand Slam, batting .500
Riley, ATL 473 foot HR
Goldschmidt, STL. HR, 2 RBI. batting .500
I don't know how Trout does it, but he sure can keep his cool. After getting a single in the first, he gets hit by a pitch up and in and could've hit him in the head. Didn't seem too upset about it. I believe he has the most HR's ever hit in Seattle, so he may not get much to hit tonight.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Some good performances tonight:
Gallo MIN. HR, (3)
Larnach MIN. Triple/3 RBI
Swanson CHI. 3-5 hitting .588
Bellinger CHI. 3 run HR
Pedersen SF HR
Yastrzemski SF HR
Raley TB. 2 HR's
Turang, MIL. first ML HR , Grand Slam, batting .500
Riley, ATL 473 foot HR
Goldschmidt, STL. HR, 2 RBI. batting .500
I don't know how Trout does it, but he sure can keep his cool. After getting a single in the first, he gets hit by a pitch up and in and could've hit him in the head. Didn't seem too upset about it. I believe he has the most HR's ever hit in Seattle, so he may not get much to hit tonight.

I helped a friend move all day long. Just got home a little while ago. That sounds like a great day of baseball. Great Updates!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Lots of really good and athletic young White players in the MLB this year. Almost too many to mention.

One of these guys to catch my eye is James Outman, an outfielder for the Dodgers. Currently James seems to be in a platoon for the CF job. He’s 25 and has a good blend of power and speed as evidenced by a rare 2 triple game last night. To start the year he’s hitting .333 with the pair of triples, 1 homer, 5 RBI and 1 SB. I hope he keeps it up.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Lots of really good and athletic young White players in the MLB this year. Almost too many to mention.

One of these guys to catch my eye is James Outman, an outfielder for the Dodgers. Currently James seems to be in a platoon for the CF job. He’s 25 and has a good blend of power and speed as evidenced by a rare 2 triple game last night. To start the year he’s hitting .333 with the pair of triples, 1 homer, 5 RBI and 1 SB. I hope he keeps it up.
Right Freethinker, Outman looking great early! I fell asleep and didn't get to catch all the west coast games towards the end, but another one to keep an eye on is The Diamondback rookie OF Corbin Carroll as I reported earlier is now been deemed the fastest player in MLB behind Turner and Witt Jr.
Carroll hit his first HR last night while going 3-4. He stole 3 bases in one of the games over the weekend.
Witt Jr. finally got his first hit of the season last night. 2-3 and 2 RBI
LeMahieu, NYY, 2-5, a triple and 2R
Rizzo, NYY, HR
Freeman, LAD, 3-4
Taylor, LAD, HR
Mike Trout ended up getting walked in his last 3 AB's, after being HBP and singling. Hid current OPB percentage is .632.
BTW, LAA are 3-1. Hopefully they can maintain through the season and we get to see Trout in the post season.
Also, a bit of a surprise the white heavy Phillies have begun the season 0-4. Lot of talent on that team even without Harper.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Mike Trout starts the day with yet another walk. They fear this guy more than ever. Trout is batting 375 so far this season. The Angels
are leading 2-1 in the 3rd inning against the Mariners.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Mike Trout starts the day with yet another walk. They fear this guy more than ever. Trout is batting 375 so far this season. The Angels
are leading 2-1 in the 3rd inning against the Mariners.
The Angels win and Trout gets an RBI and one hit and a walk. It's encouraging that the Angels seem more competitive. I'm hoping more than anything they can get to the post season so Trout can showcase his talent to the entire country.
BTW, Angels rookie catcher Logan O'Hoppe is getting Buster Posey comparisons. O'Hoppe got his second HR of the season and 8th RBI. Looks like a star in the making!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Mike Trout 2 run HR in the bottom of the first inning.
Alonso HR today for the Mets
Realmuto HR for the Phillies
Turner 2-5 2 -Runs scored
Pirates Bryan Reynolds went 3-5 and 6 RBI and his 5th HR. 3 runs scored
Austin Riley, ATL went 3-3, RBI

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Mike Trout 2 run HR in the bottom of the first inning.
Alonso HR today for the Mets
Realmuto HR for the Phillies
Turner 2-5 2 -Runs scored
Pirates Bryan Reynolds went 3-5 and 6 RBI and his 5th HR. 3 runs scored
Austin Riley, ATL went 3-3, RBI
Bryan Reynolds has started the year smoking hot! Upping his trade value, as unfortunately I think the Pirates deal him.

Other White athletes who have started the year on the right foot are Adam Duvall and Matt Chapman. Anyone interested should look up their stats.

Also, in the speed category Myles Straw leads the majors with 6 steals. NL rookie of the year front runner Corbin Carroll has 5.

Flint

Mentor
Also, in the speed category Myles Straw leads the majors with 6 steals. NL rookie of the year front runner Corbin Carroll has 5.
Lots of talk how the new rules on throwing to first will increase the number of steals, look for some real high totals this year.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Bryan Reynolds has started the year smoking hot! Upping his trade value, as unfortunately I think the Pirates deal him.

Other White athletes who have started the year on the right foot are Adam Duvall and Matt Chapman. Anyone interested should look up their stats.

I tried picking up Straw yesterday in my fantasy league but was beat to the punch. He's a great stolen base guy, hopefully this year he can hit more consistently.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I meant to put these stats up last night:
Alonso HR, 5
Trout HR, 3
Wisdom HR, 3.
Swanson BA: .429, 519 OBP.
Witt Jr, HR, 2
Steer, CIN Rookie HR 2

Today:
Bohm, PHI, HR, 2
Stott PHI, .429 BA., .444 OBP, .514 SLG.
Lowe TB, HR, 2, 5 RBI
Rutschman BLT. 4-4 HR, 2.
Cooper, MIA. HR 3
McCormick, HOU. 2-5, 4 RBI, HR 2
Chapman, TOR. 3-5, 2 R, 5 RBI., .475 BA., .523 OBP., .800 SLG.
Trout, LAA. 2-5, run, RBI, and BB.
Renfroe, LAA. 3-5, 4 RBI HR 2
O'Hoppe, LAA. Rookie catcher his 3rd HR.
The Angels are going to have to learn to close out games. They blew a 6 -0 lead. They were 5-3 going into today and should be 7-2 instead of 5-4 as they blew another lead a few night ago. If Trout is going to get into the post season, LA will have to finish much better.

Warhawk_46

Master
Trout’s loyalty to the Angels is admirable, but man if we could have seen him play for a competitive team and in a hitter’s ballpark… I wonder how his numbers would actually be?

He remains a supreme talent and I think still the best player in baseball.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Wow. lots of guys playing well so far this season. Highly touted Mariner prospect Jared Kelenic seems to be finally putting it together. He his his 2nd HR of the season and is hitting .323, OBP .400 and SLG. .613. Even the Seattle is terrible, he is playing well. Hopefully he can keep it up,
Swanson CHI, 4-4
Hoerner CHI, 1-3, 2 R, BA. .341
Bellinger CHI, 2-4, 2 R
Mountcastle, BLT. 3-4, 9, that's right 9 RBI, and 2 HR's
Rutschman, BLT. 2-3, 2 R. BA .395, OBP. .490, SLG. .628
Schwarber, PHI. HR, 3
Chapman, TOR. HR, 3. 2-4, 2 R. BA. .477. OBP. .521, SLG. .841 !!
Olson. ATL. 4th HR
Riley. ATL. 2-14, 1 R. BA..318
Cron and McMahon HR's for the Rockies.
Trout 0-1 so far tonight. He seems to be in a mini slump. 0-6 or 7! Hopefully he snaps out of it tonight.
Probably some more great stats tonight, but the old man is getting tired.
Hitting the sack.

Warhawk_46

Master
Trout hit by a pitch. Here’s hoping his next at bat he cranks a HR and drives in a couple runs.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Had the following on the Mike Trout thread.
Alonso 6th HR
Jared Kelenic, Seattle playing great. Hits a 482 foot HR, (3). Today.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Had the following on the Mike Trout thread.
Alonso 6th HR
Jared Kelenic, Seattle playing great. Hits a 482 foot HR, (3). Today.
I am hoping Kelenic has a good season. He was a disappointment last year but it may have been due to him not being ready. He has great potential.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Pete Alonso with his MLB leading HR number 7 today.
Jared Kelenic remains hot with HR number 4 a couple of nights ago. Very encouraging.
Trout seems to be coming out of a slump. Going 3-4 and a walk, and 2 Doubles. 2 runs as the Angels blow another late game lead losing to the Red Sox!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
MLB Stat Leaders:
BA:
2. Chapman, TOR: .410
4. Stott, PHI. .380
5. Marsh, PHI, .378

HR:
1. Alonso, NYM: 8
1. Wisdom, CHI: 8
3. Muncy, LAD: 7
5. Mountcastle, BLT: 6

RBI:
1. Mountcastle, BLT: 20
3. Olson, ATL: 17
3. Reynolds, PIT: 17
7. Chapman, TOR: 16

Hits:
3. Stott, PHI: 27
4. Chapman, TOR: 25

SB:
1. Hoerner, CHC: 9
4. Straw, CLE: 7
4. Volpe, NYY, IS HE WHITE?- 7
8. Carroll, ARI: 6, deemed the fastest man in MLB!
9. Witt JR. KC: 5

Wins:
1. Cole, NYY: 4
1. McClanahan, TB: 4
3. Gibson, BLT: 3
3. Ryan, MIN: 3
7. Kershaw, LAD: 2
7. Scherzer, NYM: 2....Lots of our guys with 2 wins..

Great to see that white men when can still dominate MLB despite the odds stacked against them these days.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
MLB Stat Leaders:
BA:
2. Chapman, TOR: .410
4. Stott, PHI. .380
5. Marsh, PHI, .378

HR:
1. Alonso, NYM: 8
1. Wisdom, CHI: 8
3. Muncy, LAD: 7
5. Mountcastle, BLT: 6

RBI:
1. Mountcastle, BLT: 20
3. Olson, ATL: 17
3. Reynolds, PIT: 17
7. Chapman, TOR: 16

Hits:
3. Stott, PHI: 27
4. Chapman, TOR: 25

SB:
1. Hoerner, CHC: 9
4. Straw, CLE: 7
4. Volpe, NYY, IS HE WHITE?- 7
8. Carroll, ARI: 6, deemed the fastest man in MLB!
9. Witt JR. KC: 5

Wins:
1. Cole, NYY: 4
1. McClanahan, TB: 4
3. Gibson, BLT: 3
3. Ryan, MIN: 3
7. Kershaw, LAD: 2
7. Scherzer, NYM: 2....Lots of our guys with 2 wins..

Great to see that white men when can still dominate MLB despite the odds stacked against them these days.
Good list of our guys at the tops of all categories!

And yes, Anthony Volpe is White. He’s an Italian American kid from New Jersey. You might not be as accustomed to seeing Whites that look like him in the Carolinas, but up here in the NE guys that look like Volpe are a dime a dozen. ;)

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
According to Wikipedia, Volpe is Italian/Filipino.
I stand corrected then.

Volpe still looks like so many Italian guys I know and see around NYC. Other than his eyes being a bit squinty, I wouldn’t have seen it.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Angels continue to struggle. It's not just the hitting and lack of runs but their pitching really hurts them alot. They get down
early and they try to play catchup which rarely works. At least Mike Trout has his average back up to 299. Trout is 8 for 21 in his
last 7 games so he is getting back playing better ball. His power numbers are down though and here is to hoping he can get on
a homerun streak soon. No way he should only have 3 homeruns at this point of the season.

The Angels continue to struggle. It's not just the hitting and lack of runs but their pitching really hurts them alot. They get down
early and they try to play catchup which rarely works. At least Mike Trout has his average back up to 299. Trout is 8 for 21 in his
last 7 games so he is getting back playing better ball. His power numbers are down though and here is to hoping he can get on
a homerun streak soon. No way he should only have 3 homeruns at this point of the season.
Trout's always been a streaky hitter. It's good that he's keeping his average up during the team's struggles... the power numbers will come.