Mitch King

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting blurb about King on Draft Daddy's blog:

Sporting News Q&amp;A with rising <A id=AdBriteInlineAd_university style="BACKGROUND: url(http://s.adbrite.com/mb/images/green-double-underline-006600.gif) repeat-x 50% bottom; MARGIN-BOTTOM: -2px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; CURSOR: pointer; COLOR: #006600; TEXT-DECORATION: none" target=_top keyword="university" display="inline">University</A> of Iowa defensive tackle Mitch King.

DD.comment: Houston could be a good spot for King, who impressed enough at the Senior Bowl to warrant 3rd to 5th round consideration. The Texans recently hired ex-N.F.L. defensive tackle Bill Kollar, who has been one of the most respected defensive line coaches in the league for over a decade. Kollar seems to really like "high-motor" players that go 100 miles per hour on every snap. In St. Louis and Buffalo he took Brian Young and Kyle Williams from being little used rookie backups and turned them into multi-millionare starters fairly quickly. He did the same in Atlanta with Travis Hall in the latter part of the 1990's. King is very similar to those players, especially Young and Williams, except he's a better athlete. Also, as we've noted before, N.F.L. scouts timed Mitch running a 4.75 last spring (at close to 280 pounds), so if he duplicates that feat at the Combine he could rise even higher than round three, even though some think he might be a next level "tweener" -- too short to play defensive end (shade over 6' 1") and too light to play tackle at about 280 pounds.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Interesting indeed. I love how Draftdaddy uses overwhelming evidence to point out discrimination without almost ever mentioning race because that is the way to get the smart, but mainstream PC crowd to think about things. They have linked articles about racial discrimination before or mentioned it when it seems right but usually they just point out the ridiculous caste language.

Notice how they have "high-motor" in quotes and point out two other whites that are labeled as such and mention how both were little used backups as rookies (apprenticeship?) before quickly becoming high paid starters with a new coach that believed in them.

Then they contrast Mitch King as different from the other two as a "better athlete". In other words not all white players are simply "high-motor overachievers" and shouldn't always be compared to every other white player.

I wonder how many people are smart enough to pick up on Draftdaddy's occasionally used techniques without any knowledge of the caste system. They aren't perfect, but they are about as fair as a mainstream site can be at this point.

whiteCB

Master
I love how the reason for a white DT's success has to be characterized due to their non stop hustle and effort. Whereas if a black DT has success its attributed to their quick twitch natural instincts. These idiot writers have it ingrained in their little twit psyche that white defensive linemen are only good because of an all out style of play and not the fact that they are actually quality athletes.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
It's actually quite racist if you think about it. The media referring to pretty much only whites as "smart players" or "students of the game" or "non-stop motor guys" who achieve because they work harder than the black athlete.

Did it ever enter into these idiot journalists minds that there are black "smart players" and black guys who "all out hustle." Yet if I were to bring up blacks on average achieving less success in math and science than whites or lower SAT scores I would be deemed a racist.

SO let me get this straight "They" can describe mostly whites as "smart players", but because I'm fighting the powers that be on this site I'm racist for mentioning a fact that black student athletes on average have lower SAT scores...hmmm.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
BTW: An interesting note is that blacks usually do reasonably on the ACT. The ACT is a test that is more practical knowledge and memory based with less abstract Math problems. I have heard that Social Science people usually do better on the ACT than SAT.

And a second BTW: Mitch King may be my favorite Defensive Line prospect to come along in a long time; I also liked Brian Robison. These two are proving that shorter defensive lineman with freakish athleticism can achieve with a different skin color than is prevalent. It's an easy concept to understand.

Edited to add: Spelled Prevalent wrong..
smiley9.gif
Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins