Miscellaneous Mixed Martial Arts News

Arerequired

Mentor
Vadim dominates the tough mummy Romero in the Bellator card today, just found out about the fight today.

Phall

Master
Bud Light is attempting to buy its masculinity back with an expensive UFC sponsorship.

The UFC has signed a new partnership with Anheuser-Busch that makes Bud Light once again the official beer of the promotion, officials told ESPN on Tuesday. Sources told ESPN that it's the biggest sponsorship deal in UFC history. Terms were not disclosed.

The multiyear contract, which begins Jan. 1, 2024, comes on the heels of the UFC merging with WWE under parent company Endeavor to form the new publicly traded company TKO last month. UFC and Anheuser-Busch had been partners for many years until 2017, when the UFC signed with Modelo.

"Anheuser-Busch and Bud Light were UFC's original beer sponsors more than fifteen years ago," UFC CEO Dana White said in a statement. "I'm proud to announce we are back in business together. There are many reasons why I chose to go with Anheuser-Busch and Bud Light, most importantly because I feel we are very aligned when it comes to our core values and what the UFC brand stands for. I'm looking forward to all of the incredible things we will do in the years ahead."

Bud Light will have "prominent branding" in the Octagon, including on Dana White's Contender Series. There will also be integration across broadcasts and social media.

I wonder what sort of "shared core values" Dana White is referring to here!

Warhawk_46

Master
Bud Light is attempting to buy its masculinity back with an expensive UFC sponsorship.

I wonder what sort of "shared core values" Dana White is referring to here!
I was JUST reading this and am extremely disappointed. From where many people sit, this is a terrible partnership. I hope it blows up in Dana White’s face.

I think it will.

jphoss

Mentor
I hope these women file a lawsuit or band together and refuse to participate if there are men in the women’s bracket

Arerequired

Mentor

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I watched most of the Mexican card. Ended up falling asleep and missing the last two, and best fights. The 12:30 main events are tough on that east coast time zone!

Logos5

Guru

as of right now, there are FOUR white champions in the ufc divisions, in the bantamweight with Sean'O Malley, Lightweight with Islam Makachev, Middleweight with the Boer Dricus Du Plessis, and the REAL Heavyweight champion with Tom Aspinall(I do not consider Jones the real champion as long as he is ducking Tom and fighting a washed up Stipe instead)

JohnHarper

as of right now, there are FOUR white champions in the ufc divisions, in the bantamweight with Sean'O Malley, Lightweight with Islam Makachev, Middleweight with the Boer Dricus Du Plessis, and the REAL Heavyweight champion with Tom Aspinall(I do not consider Jones the real champion as long as he is ducking Tom and fighting a washed up Stipe instead)
I’ve seen some recent pics of Jones. He looks like he’s let himself go. I’m not sure if he’s ever looked like this between fights.

I’m aware of his struggles and not sure if that and a combination of age (perhaps even an absence of desire) is catching up with him.

Is there a date yet for him and Stipe?

Logos5

Guru
I’ve seen some recent pics of Jones. He looks like he’s let himself go. I’m not sure if he’s ever looked like this between fights.
Could also be that he's off the roids and his body is now starting to atrophy.
I’m aware of his struggles and not sure if that and a combination of age (perhaps even an absence of desire) is catching up with him.
not being on roids for the time being is definitely the main reason
Is there a date yet for him and Stipe?
nah, nothings been confirmed except for the fight, and knowing Jones and how he operates, he's gonna retire straight after to maintain his "undefeated" legacy instead of actually fighting Tom Aspinall, the interim champion who he was supposed to fight for the belt.

JohnHarper

Could also be that he's off the roids and his body is now starting to atrophy.

not being on roids for the time being is definitely the main reason

nah, nothings been confirmed except for the fight, and knowing Jones and how he operates, he's gonna retire straight after to maintain his "undefeated" legacy instead of actually fighting Tom Aspinall, the interim champion who he was supposed to fight for the belt.
Did you see their interaction today?

Arerequired

Mentor
Wow Tybura just destroyed Tuivasa who has no ground defence, I wasn't planning on watching this card but tuned into the last fight and it was an amusing sloppy slugfest with Tybura coming out on top due to RNC in round one. Tuivasa is probably at risk for getting cut again.

Logos5

Guru
Wow Tybura just destroyed Tuivasa who has no ground defence, I wasn't planning on watching this card but tuned into the last fight and it was an amusing sloppy slugfest with Tybura coming out on top due to RNC in round one. Tuivasa is probably at risk for getting cut again.
it was a suprising result, I'd have thought it wouldve gone to the distance, but well down to Tybura whos been on top form this match. I'm guessing this brings Tybura up to the top 10 in the heavyweight division

next caste matchup is Allen vs Curtis 2