Miscellaneous Boxing News

freedom1

Mentor
And the Paul/Tyson fight, I hope Tyson takes Paul's head off. I don't like Tyson, but it's a matter of honor. I think Paul is extremely disrespectful.

Warhawk_46

Master
And the Paul/Tyson fight, I hope Tyson takes Paul's head off. I don't like Tyson, but it's a matter of honor. I think Paul is extremely disrespectful.
I don’t mind Tyson at all. He was my favorite growing up due to his style and aggressiveness as well as his physical stature. He seems to have come a long way in her personal life and I salute that.

Plus… I cannot stand Paul.

NWsoccerfan

Mentor
Paul is not and will never be a world champion. He’s a decent club level fighter and that’s it. He’s too late to the game to develop that kind of ability and he doesnt have the genetic gifts anyways. Regardless of what happens in the Tyson fight. He’s not landing anything significant on a guy like Usyk or even a smaller guy like Beterbiev. He’d get knocked out just like Ngannou did if he tried to fight one of the best. He is very annoying because he is a total self centered arrogant guy and he’s become wildly rich and successful. That irritates us all, because nobody likes to see a person like that make it.

Truthman

Guru
Artem Suslenkov steps up to fight Michael Hunter this Sunday in Uzbekistan...

This might be Suslenkovs coming out party . I see him as a potential dark horse of the heavyweight division, whilst not technically or on first impressions thinking he was that impressive, one thing is he really punches hard.. has some really nice highlight KO's, and has started to make me think more recently he could be one to watch. We'll see on sunday!sus2.png

white is right

Hall of Famer
Artem Suslenkov steps up to fight Michael Hunter this Sunday in Uzbekistan...

This might be Suslenkovs coming out party . I see him as a potential dark horse of the heavyweight division, whilst not technically or on first impressions thinking he was that impressive, one thing is he really punches hard.. has some really nice highlight KO's, and has started to make me think more recently he could be one to watch. We'll see on sunday!View attachment 4423
This weekend has a decent US card with Guido Vianello fighting the beatable but dangerous Efe Ajagba. The hard punching Nigerian was beaten fairly easily by Frank Sanchez on the Fury vs Wilder III card. This should be the blue print for the Italian national but Ajagba can turn out the lights on any heavyweight if he can land his bombs.

As far as I know no other White prospects fight on televised cards this weekend.

Posters on this board have been debating who they would rather win in the Tyson vs Paul farce and I would love for both fighters to destroy the reputations of these circus fights. So if either guy carried the other or Tyson looked as awful as Holyfield did a few years ago would satisfy me as long as Tyson didn't get badly ko'd but seeing Paul count sheep for a 1000 count would be cool too if that ended his circus act.

Last edited:

Logos5

Guru
What fights are worth watching this weekend?
not much actually, the only remotely important fight was yesterday, with Frenchmen David Papot beating Spanishmen Jon Miguez in a UD, thus earning the WBO Global Welter
Next weekend on the 20th, we have White Hispanic Ryan Garcia go up against current super-light champion Devin Haney to defend the WBC World Super-Light.
Also another fight to watch out for on the same day is Prospect KO Artist, Sam Noakes go up against Black French Yvan Mendy for the EBU European Super-Light.

JohnHarper

This weekend has a decent US card with Guido Vianello fighting the beatable but dangerous Efe Ajagba. The hard punching Nigerian was beaten fairly easily by Frank Sanchez on the Fury vs Wilder III card. This should be the blue print for the Italian national but Ajagba can turn out the lights on any heavyweight if he can land his bombs.

As far as I know no other White prospects fight on televised cards this weekend.

Posters on this board have been debating who they would rather win in the Tyson vs Paul farce and I would love for both fighters to destroy the reputations of these circus fights. So if either guy carried the other or Tyson looked as awful as Holyfield did a few years ago would satisfy me as long as Tyson didn't get badly ko'd but seeing Paul count sheep for a 1000 count would be cool too if that ended his circus act.

I see Jake Paul winning 9 out of 10 times, mainly due to youthfulness and athleticism. Correct me if I’m wrong, but most of the workout videos of Tyson (who still has boxing reflexes from years of work) that everyone is sharing, is for relatively short bursts and he cannot keep up that pace (see his most recent exhibition). However, you do have the proverbial Puncher’s Chance, with Tyson no doubt showing that he still has power, and certainly to be respected, and makes the match interesting and requires Paul to take him serious though.

Surely Paul plays it safe (defensive) and peppers him from the outside, uses good footwork, waiting for opportunities (chins don’t typically hold up at that age), and letting the clock work in his favor. In other words, take him into deep water.

The Paul boys, hate them or not, have found numerous ways to make millions. They don’t really bother me, they are smart businessmen in my book. I also agree with others that Tyson can be likable in many of his interviews.

It’s just a fun/entertaining match to me.

Last edited:

booth

Mentor
Sat. boxing schedule includes two HW fights, Ajaba vs Vianello and Anderson vs Merhy.

Full schedule:​

APRIL​

April 13: Corpus Christi, Texas (ESPN/ESPN+)​

• Jared Anderson vs. Ryad Merhy, 12 rounds, heavyweights
  • Efe Ajagba vs. Guido Vianello, 10 rounds, heavyweights
  • Robson Conceicao vs. Jose Ivan Guardado, 8 rounds, junior lightweights
  • Julian Delgado vs. Juan C. Tamez, 4 rounds, middleweights
  • Ruben Villa vs. Cristian Cruz Chacon, 10 rounds, featherweights
  • John Rincon vs. Yainiel Alvarez, 6 rounds, welterweights
  • Abdullah Mason vs. Ronal Ron, 8 rounds, lightweights
  • Charly Suarez vs. Luis Coria, 8 rounds, junior lightweights
  • Jalan Walker vs. Alejandro Guerrero, 8 rounds, junior lightweights
  • Ali Feliz vs. Anthony Woodson III, 4 rounds, heavyweights

April 13: Manchester, England (DAZN)​

• Jordan Gill vs. Zelfa Barrett, 12 rounds, junior lightweights
  • Title fight: Ellie Scotney vs. Segolene Lefebvre, 10 rounds, for Scotney's IBF women's junior featherweight title and Lefebvre's WBO women's junior featherweight title
  • Title fight: Rhiannon Dixon vs. Karen Elizabeth Carabajal, 10 rounds, for the vacant WBO women's lightweight title
  • Michael Gomez Jr. vs. Kane Baker, 10 rounds, junior lightweights
  • Jordan Flynn vs. Tampela Maharusi, 8 rounds, lightweights>
  • Brandon Scott vs. Rodrigo Matias Areco, 6 rounds, featherweights
  • Jimmy Sains vs. Mateusz Kalecki, 6 rounds, middleweights
  • William Crolla vs. Fabio Cascone, 6 rounds, junior middleweights
  • Jack Turner vs. Abdul Kesi Ngaoma, 6 rounds, junior bantamweights
  • Stephen Clarke vs. Jensen Irving, 4 rounds, middleweights

April 13: Santa Fe, Argentina​

• Tobias Reyes vs. Sixto Dionel Perez, 10 rounds, flyweights
  • Victoria Noelia Bustos vs. Edith Soledad Matthysse, 10 rounds, women's junior lightweights
  • Matias Joel Pogonza vs. Diego Dario Lescano, 4 rounds, welterweights
  • Tiago Dylan Gonzalez vs. Daniel Rodolfo Gomez, 4 rounds, junior flyweights
  • Matias Ezequiel More vs. Braian Damian Gomez, 4 rounds, super middleweights

April 13: Osaka, Japan​

• Miel Fajardo vs. Thanongsak Simsri, 12 rounds, junior flyweights
  • Toshiki Shimomachi vs. Tulio Dekanarudo, 10 rounds, junior featherweights
  • Yusei Yamazaki vs. Worawatchai Boonjan, 8 rounds, junior featherweights
  • Kanta Fukui vs. New Thunder Teruya, 8 rounds, junior lightweights
  • Suguru Urasaki vs. Ryo Akazawa, 4 rounds, junior bantamweights
  • Masamune Nishimura vs. Nobuki Matsumura, 4 rounds, strawweights
  • Ryoya Onuma vs. Hiroki Yamamichi, 4 rounds, junior welterweights

white is right

Hall of Famer
Sat. boxing schedule includes two HW fights, Ajaba vs Vianello and Anderson vs Merhy.

Full schedule:​

APRIL​

April 13: Corpus Christi, Texas (ESPN/ESPN+)​

• Jared Anderson vs. Ryad Merhy, 12 rounds, heavyweights
  • Efe Ajagba vs. Guido Vianello, 10 rounds, heavyweights
  • Robson Conceicao vs. Jose Ivan Guardado, 8 rounds, junior lightweights
  • Julian Delgado vs. Juan C. Tamez, 4 rounds, middleweights
  • Ruben Villa vs. Cristian Cruz Chacon, 10 rounds, featherweights
  • John Rincon vs. Yainiel Alvarez, 6 rounds, welterweights
  • Abdullah Mason vs. Ronal Ron, 8 rounds, lightweights
  • Charly Suarez vs. Luis Coria, 8 rounds, junior lightweights
  • Jalan Walker vs. Alejandro Guerrero, 8 rounds, junior lightweights
  • Ali Feliz vs. Anthony Woodson III, 4 rounds, heavyweights

April 13: Manchester, England (DAZN)​

• Jordan Gill vs. Zelfa Barrett, 12 rounds, junior lightweights
  • Title fight: Ellie Scotney vs. Segolene Lefebvre, 10 rounds, for Scotney's IBF women's junior featherweight title and Lefebvre's WBO women's junior featherweight title
  • Title fight: Rhiannon Dixon vs. Karen Elizabeth Carabajal, 10 rounds, for the vacant WBO women's lightweight title
  • Michael Gomez Jr. vs. Kane Baker, 10 rounds, junior lightweights
  • Jordan Flynn vs. Tampela Maharusi, 8 rounds, lightweights>
  • Brandon Scott vs. Rodrigo Matias Areco, 6 rounds, featherweights
  • Jimmy Sains vs. Mateusz Kalecki, 6 rounds, middleweights
  • William Crolla vs. Fabio Cascone, 6 rounds, junior middleweights
  • Jack Turner vs. Abdul Kesi Ngaoma, 6 rounds, junior bantamweights
  • Stephen Clarke vs. Jensen Irving, 4 rounds, middleweights

April 13: Santa Fe, Argentina​

• Tobias Reyes vs. Sixto Dionel Perez, 10 rounds, flyweights
  • Victoria Noelia Bustos vs. Edith Soledad Matthysse, 10 rounds, women's junior lightweights
  • Matias Joel Pogonza vs. Diego Dario Lescano, 4 rounds, welterweights
  • Tiago Dylan Gonzalez vs. Daniel Rodolfo Gomez, 4 rounds, junior flyweights
  • Matias Ezequiel More vs. Braian Damian Gomez, 4 rounds, super middleweights

April 13: Osaka, Japan​

• Miel Fajardo vs. Thanongsak Simsri, 12 rounds, junior flyweights
  • Toshiki Shimomachi vs. Tulio Dekanarudo, 10 rounds, junior featherweights
  • Yusei Yamazaki vs. Worawatchai Boonjan, 8 rounds, junior featherweights
  • Kanta Fukui vs. New Thunder Teruya, 8 rounds, junior lightweights
  • Suguru Urasaki vs. Ryo Akazawa, 4 rounds, junior bantamweights
  • Masamune Nishimura vs. Nobuki Matsumura, 4 rounds, strawweights
  • Ryoya Onuma vs. Hiroki Yamamichi, 4 rounds, junior welterweights
I stand corrected there was an English card with novice prospects on the card but I missed the card as I was watching the Masters. Last night Guido lost a tight decision to Ajagbe where if he had a better gas tank he probably would have gotten the decision. Vianello had the Nigerian wobbled and staggering back to the wrong corner at the end of the 2nd round but seemed to gas out and had to grit it out but rallied in the 9th and 10th round and lost a tight split decision. The scoring seemed fair to me as I saw this score or a draw.

I thought the loser of this bout would be dropped by Top Rank but with this showing Vianello deserves either a rematch or another cross roads bout, maybe a bout with Makhmudov who is on the comeback trail and that would be a decent consolation prize.

PS A European title bout at heavyweight happened in Germany and a possible contender won the title. Ukrainian Oleksandr Zakhozhyi might be a player in the division and with his dimensions as he isn't a glacier he will be a problem as he is 6'9" and can punch.

Last edited:

Truthman

Guru
a European title bout at Heavyweight happened in Germany and a possible contender won the title. Ukrainian Oleksandr Zakhozhyi might be a player in the division

Yep and there's another one... Artem Suslenkov beat Michael Hunter today easily!

Laybrick

Heavyweight Johnny Fisher is an interesting prospect. See shades of Jack Dempsey in him, a giant 6'5, 250 lb Dempsey, speed and power to burn and he shows a lot of respect to opponents he knocks out. Bigger version of Mike Tyson's style to Fisher as well. Prime Tyson only 5'10' 220lbs. Tyson modelled a lot of his style on Dempsey.

booth

Mentor
The boxing schedule for this weekend. Haney vs Garcia is the main event.

pril 20: New York (DAZN PPV)​

• Title fight: Devin Haney vs. Ryan Garcia, 12 rounds, for Haney's WBC junior welterweight title
  • Arnold Barboza Jr. vs. Sean McComb, 10 rounds, junior welterweights
  • Bektemir Melikuziev vs. Pierre Dibombe, 10 rounds, super middleweights
  • John Ramirez vs. David Jimenez, 12 rounds, for the WBA vacant interim junior bantamweight title
  • Charles Conwell vs. Nathaniel Gallimore, 10 rounds, junior middleweights

April 20: London​

• Sam Noakes vs. Yvan Mendy, 12 rounds, lightweights
  • Henry Turner vs. TBA, 10 rounds, junior welterweights
  • Andrew Cain vs. Darwing Martinez, 8 rounds, bantamweights
  • Aloys Youmbi vs. Pablo Oscar Natalio Farias, 8 rounds, cruiserweights
  • Steven Cairns vs. Jonatas Rodrigo Gomes de Oliveira, 6 rounds, lightweights
  • Jack Oliphant vs. Remi Scholer, 6 rounds, junior middleweights
  • Billy Adams vs. Mark Butler, 4 rounds, junior lightweights
  • Sam King vs. Artjom Spatar, 4 rounds, middleweights

white is right

Hall of Famer
The boxing schedule for this weekend. Haney vs Garcia is the main event.

pril 20: New York (DAZN PPV)​

• Title fight: Devin Haney vs. Ryan Garcia, 12 rounds, for Haney's WBC junior welterweight title
  • Arnold Barboza Jr. vs. Sean McComb, 10 rounds, junior welterweights
  • Bektemir Melikuziev vs. Pierre Dibombe, 10 rounds, super middleweights
  • John Ramirez vs. David Jimenez, 12 rounds, for the WBA vacant interim junior bantamweight title
  • Charles Conwell vs. Nathaniel Gallimore, 10 rounds, junior middleweights

April 20: London​

• Sam Noakes vs. Yvan Mendy, 12 rounds, lightweights
  • Henry Turner vs. TBA, 10 rounds, junior welterweights
  • Andrew Cain vs. Darwing Martinez, 8 rounds, bantamweights
  • Aloys Youmbi vs. Pablo Oscar Natalio Farias, 8 rounds, cruiserweights
  • Steven Cairns vs. Jonatas Rodrigo Gomes de Oliveira, 6 rounds, lightweights
  • Jack Oliphant vs. Remi Scholer, 6 rounds, junior middleweights
  • Billy Adams vs. Mark Butler, 4 rounds, junior lightweights
  • Sam King vs. Artjom Spatar, 4 rounds, middleweights

Haney vs Garcia is the giant 1000 pound elephant for the weekend but I'm not expecting much out of this fight as Garcia has been posting disturbing videos on social media with wild mood swings and crazy thoughts. This situation seems similar to the Mike Tyson situation leading up to the Lewis fight where his camp has been trying to get their boxer across the line so that a fat purse can be cashed.

Unless Garcia gets the tricky Haney with a shot he doesn't see I could see an unravelling of Garcia similar to Oliver McCall against Lewis in their rematch with the respected James stopping the fight more from a mental breakdown than an accumulation in punches. Things have been so all over the place that Garcia didn't even make weight and now "owes" Haney 1.5 million for the 3 pounds he missed weight by.

PS Bek the Bully the Eurasian power puncher is on this card and fights an Afro-French opponent he looks to further erase his shock loss to Philly brawler Rosado. As far as I know no White prospects are on this card.

The Noakes headlined card isn't on North American television and North American fans will have to watch the card on a stream.

Last edited:
Yeah I have to disagree with the consensus here on Paul. He's not a true contender by any means but almost every fighter could learn a thing or two from him. His fights are pulling better numbers than almost anything in the sport because he understands how to promote himself. Boxing needs personalities, even if they are villains/foils.

freedom1

Mentor
I don't really admire a prostitute/stripper/Only Fans girl for promoting herself well not matter how much money she pulls in or attention she gets. At the end of the day, she's still a slut.

Arerequired

Mentor
Garcia has been out of his mind for some time, one commentator said "we just have to accept this is Garcia now", interesting how the fight plays out.

Logos5

Guru

Absolute dominant performance from prospect Sam Noakes to win the EBU Super Light Belt

NWsoccerfan

Mentor
I watched this one. It was a one sided affair when Garcia actually tried. His power was way too much for Haney. But, his mind is all over the place and I’m not sure he’s in a good spot mentally.

Arerequired

Mentor
I've noticed fights involving these four, (Haney, Tank, Ryan Teo,) seem to have big repercussions for the caste system and create a lot of racial discourse. This loss seems to cut extra deep for the LDBC types since boxing is traditionally "their" arena and something to do with this particular weight class and the adjacent ones. I'm sure the interactions between the latino faction and the black faction of boxing will be heated in the coming weeks.

Last edited:

Truthman

Guru
I've noticed fights involving these four, (Haney, Tank, Ryan Teo,) seem to have big repercussions for the caste system and create a lot of racial discourse. This loss seems to cut extra deep for the LDBC types since boxing is traditionally "their" arena and something to do with this particular weight class and the adjacent ones. I'm sure the interactions between the latino faction and the black faction of boxing will be heated in the coming weeks.
Ryan Garcia looks white, and he doesn't even speak spanish. Must be 3/4 white at least

They have no arena in boxing lol. But you're right about the weightclasses, their entire interest in boxing revolves around lightweight/light welterweight because they are so poor in all other weightclasses. LDBC will be crying over this