Miscellaneous Boxing News

Logos5

Guru
A team of the old Soviet Union would be so deep that potential medalists would be left home routinely in nearly every division. The breaking up of the old Yugoslavian republic was the biggest tragedy in international basketball. The depth of players while not as deep as Soviet boxing was insanely deep for a country that was the size of the Netherlands.
they also had the soviet style, an insanely powerful style that Bivol is using to get to the top of the LHW division. Man, I sometimes wish the Soviet Union existed for a little bit longer just so we could see more innovation and boxers entering the scene once it toppled/
This weekend only has the Dalton Smith card on television in North America it's another slow weekend until the Tim Tszyu vs the Towering Inferno card next week.
I am worried for Dalton, because while Jose has gotten washed since the car accident, this is still a top 30 former world contender, who is still considered as a fringe world contender that we're talking about. I just hope Dalton is as economical with his shots as he usually is and doesn't try to enter into scraps.

Logos5

Guru
DALTON SMITH KO'S JOSE ZEPEDA IN THE FIFTH ROUND, WHAT A WIN!

now he's calling out Adam Azim, a match thats already been ordered by both the EBU and BBBofC for the European and British super-lightweight titles next

Logos5

Guru
DALTON SMITH KO'S JOSE ZEPEDA IN THE FIFTH ROUND, WHAT A WIN!

now he's calling out Adam Azim, a match thats already been ordered by both the EBU and BBBofC for the European and British super-lightweight titles next

Arerequired

Mentor
Nasty bodyshot, glad to see a white up and comer emphatically win a step up in competition.

Logos5

Guru
Nasty bodyshot, glad to see a white up and comer emphatically win a step up in competition
I was a bit worried because Zepeda started ramping up in the second round, and in the post fight interview, even Dalton said he was very nervous coming out the second, but then he started going for it in the third with a really good right hook counter which sent Zepeda off balance and making Zepeda commit more mistakes and making him pay it with some shots of his own, he really started taking control in the 3rd and 4th, and went on to ko in the 5th

Truthman

Guru
Dalton Smith looked fantastic, what a breakout performance. No one has done that to Zepeda.

140 is a solid strong division and our guys are big players in it, Both established and up and coming. .. Josh Taylor, Jack Catterall, Liam Paro, Sandor Martin, Dalton Smith, Gustavo Daniel Lemos, Khariton Agrba, Hovahnnes Bachkov, etc & Ryan Garcia and Jose Ramirez (if you class them as white)

freedom1

Mentor
I could not find the classic fighters thread, so I posted this here. I honestly had never heard of this guy.

Logos5

Guru
Any matches worth watching this weekend?
Today, there was the Wilson vs Valdez card, and in the undercard, there's the Richard Torrez Jr vs Donald Haynesworth

Tommorow, there is the Tszyu vs Fundora along with the Bohachuk vs Mendez

Last edited:

booth

Mentor
Boxing schedule for the weekend. Wardley vs Clark Sunday on Sky Sports for the British Heavyweight Championship.

freedom1

Mentor
Tim Tszyu really got royally screwed last night. One of Fundora's katana like elbows hit Tszyu on the top of the head early in the fight causing massive amounts of blood to flow into his eyes the rest of the way. He was essentially blind throughout a fight that if fair, he would have won easily. I hope he can turn this adversity into motivation and become even better.

Logos5

Guru
Tim Tszyu really got royally screwed last night. One of Fundora's katana like elbows hit Tszyu on the top of the head early in the fight causing massive amounts of blood to flow into his eyes the rest of the way. He was essentially blind throughout a fight that if fair, he would have won easily. I hope he can turn this adversity into motivation and become even better.

On the plus side, Serhii Bohachuk dominated top 5 Super Welter, Brian Mendoza to get the WBC Interim World Super Welter Belt, and he did in such a dominating blazing style.

JohnHarper

*Delete if not right place*

Ryan Garcia:

Mexicans are the modern day slaves

Government has abused Mexicans and immigrants for years.

You can’t come in the country, unless you do jobs for less money then everyone else

So many kids missing at the borders then take our children.

I’m speaking for my Mexican people.

I don’t speak Spanish but I speak for the children I’m sad and hurt and we need change now.

So many Mexican children crying for their mom. It’s hurts me.

white is right

Hall of Famer

His loss reminded me of the 49ers running through qb's in the NFC Championship and being forced to play CMAC as an option qb. Visually it resembled a b movie with the height and reach disadvantage similar to Kareem against Bruce Lee in Game of Death. The loss is huge because he was ready to fight Spence in a high profile clash. Now Spence if he isn't shot should walk through the Bambi like Fondura.

PS The Savage is back and will be a fun edition to the British boxing scene...

Last edited:

Logos5

Guru
Tommorow, we have excellent matchups to look forward to

we have a very good, albeit inactive Chechen fighter Bakhram Murtazaliev go head to head with Jack Culcay for the IBF world Super Welter

we also have a caste matchup, Richardson Hitchins versing White Argentinian Gustavo Lemos in the Super Light for the IBF mandatory

Logos5

Guru
Today, Hitchins absolutely got gifted a UD after getting smashed in by the White Argentinan Gustavo Lemos for 7 rounds, 9 if you want to be generous

WHAT A ******* ROBBERY!

This fight has convinced me that boxing matches should never be conducted in America or Britian ever again, two for the worst places to get robbed

Truthman

Guru
Tim Cheatham is the worst judge. He's scored Hitchins beating Lemos, Haney beating Loma, Lopez beating Loma, he had Charlo-Castano 1 a draw, he had Pero ahead against Vykhrst, Ramirez beating Postol. He had Alvarez - Bivol super close, and Fury-Wilder 3 super close at the time of the KO. Cheating scumbag!

Truthman

Guru
This fight has convinced me that boxing matches should never be conducted in America or Britian ever again, two for the worst places to get robbed
USA is by far the worst. USA is the only country where all 3 judges are American and the referee is American.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Today, Hitchins absolutely got gifted a UD after getting smashed in by the White Argentinan Gustavo Lemos for 7 rounds, 9 if you want to be generous

WHAT A ******* ROBBERY!

I saw this live and saw a window for a gift draw but the win is a head scratcher as for the last 6 rounds or so he was clearly on the defensive and was wobbled a few times. It's not like Hitchins or the Warner Brothers cartoon character looking Pachecho are draws that fill seats as a few times the cameras panned to the crowd and the ball room was 2/3rds empty and with dynamic pricing it may have been cheaper to attend the boxing matches than buying a meal on the strip. So why protect the O of Hitchins?

The Argentine will probably get a consolation prize of another cross roads bout against another Hearn prospect.

In other news what we speculated is true and the Tyson vs Paul clown show is going to be an exhibition and one or the other will carry the other guy across the finish line.

Last edited:

freedom1

Mentor
Happy to see someone talking about it. Tszyu got ROBBED!! I was so pissed.