Miscellaneous Boxing News

Whiteathlete333

Hall of Famer
What’s your issue with Fury?

Serious question, I’m genuinely interested.
He always runs his mouth like a clown then can’t even come into a fight in shape. He should have had Francis out of there in a few rounds but he struggled because he was out of shape, I assume he was binging on alcohol again,

Truthman

Guru
is there a list of prospects to look out for now, in 2024?
I'll give you mine..

Sharabutdin Ataev (Russia) 6-0 (4) age 24, light heavyweight
Paddy Donovan (Ireland) 13-0 (10), age 25, welterweight
Pat Mccormack (UK) 5-0 (4), age 27, light middleweight
Khariton Agrba (Russia) 13-0 (9), age 28, light welterweight
Albert Batyrgaziev (Russia) 10-0 (7), age 25, lightweight
Liam Paro (Australia) 24-0 (15), age 27, light welterweight
Liam Davies (UK) 15-0 (7), age 27, super bamtamweight
Imam Khataev (Russia) 6-0 (6), age 29, light heavyweight
Sam Noakes (UK) 13-0 (13), age 26, lightweight
Aliaksei Aliforau (Belarus) 1-0, age 23, light heavyweight
Jimmy Sains (UK) 3-0 (3), age 23, middleweight
Charlie Sheehy (USA) 9-0 (5), age 25, lightweight
Sam Goodman (Australia) 17-0, age 25 , super bantamweight
Dzmitry Asanau (Belarus) 7-0 (3), age 27, lightweight
Yevgeniy Pavlov (Kazakhstan) 10-0 (8), age 24, featherweight
Callum Walsh (Ireland), 9-0 (7), age 23, light middleweight

Last edited:

Truthman

Guru
Nick "The Wrecking" Ball got robbed. He won easy but the judges called it a draw.
Seriously annoyed me that robbery. Ball manhandled him, knocked him down twice, won the 2nd half of the fight clearly, as well as a couple of the early rounds. What more did he need to do. Brilliant performance.

Clear corruption, I don't trust any WBC fights involving Mexicans with Mauricio Suleman in charge of the WBC.

Logos5

Guru
I'll give you mine..

Sharabutdin Ataev (Russia) 6-0 (4) age 24, light heavyweight
Paddy Donovan (Ireland) 13-0 (10), age 25, welterweight
Pat Mccormack (UK) 5-0 (4), age 27, light middleweight
Khariton Agrba (Russia) 13-0 (9), age 28, light welterweight
Albert Batyrgaziev (Russia) 10-0 (7), age 25, lightweight
Liam Paro (Australia) 24-0 (15), age 27, light welterweight
Liam Davies (UK) 15-0 (7), age 27, super bamtamweight
Imam Khataev (Russia) 6-0 (6), age 29, light heavyweight
Sam Noakes (UK) 13-0 (13), age 26, lightweight
Aliaksei Aliforau (Belarus) 1-0, age 23, light heavyweight
Jimmy Sains (UK) 3-0 (3), age 23, middleweight
Charlie Sheehy (USA) 9-0 (5), age 25, lightweight
Sam Goodman (Australia) 17-0, age 25 , super bantamweight
Dzmitry Asanau (Belarus) 7-0 (3), age 27, lightweight
Yevgeniy Pavlov (Kazakhstan) 10-0 (8), age 24, featherweight
Callum Walsh (Ireland), 9-0 (7), age 23, light middleweight
you forgot Mark Chamberlain (England) 15-0 (11), age 25, lightweight
also Alexander Devyatov (Australian of Russian Descent), 15-0 (14), age 26 lightweight

Last edited:

Logos5

Guru
Any matches worth watching this weekend?
well on Friday, Australian local Jackson Griffiths is versing Thai boxer Anuson Thongleang for the WBC Youth World Welter tommorow, interesting match that I hope Jackson wins, I believe he has this

On Saturday, we have Liam Davies versing a Mexican, Erick Robles Ayala for the vacant IBO World Super Bantam
Pierce O'Leary versing a Belgium National Hovhannes Martiosyan for the WBC International Super-Light
Popular caste Irish Prospect Dennis Mccann makes a return fight against English Prospect Brad Strand for the vacant WBO Inter-Continental Super Bantam

Last edited:

JohnHarper

The Josh Taylor-Jack Catterall rematch has been postponed as Taylor has suffered an undisclosed injury forcing him to withdraw. The fight is expected to be rescheduled as soon as the end of May. (@MikeCoppinger)

white is right

Hall of Famer
Any matches worth watching this weekend?
After the super card last week the air in the room has been taken out of the boxing bubble and it's a slow weekend but tonight Callum Walsh fights veteran Eurasian Dauren Yeleussinov and should win this one as the Kazak national has been spotty against live opponents and is on the slide.

Long shot prospect Giovanni Scuderi fights Brandon Carmack who tops the scales at 275+ pounds. I expect the Italian national to win this one but I don't know what a win over a man with that build means in the greater scheme of things. The fights will be on UFC fight pass so I won't probably be watching these bouts.

Tomorrow during the day Frank Warren promotes a B grade card that features a few White contenders and prospects I could comment on the fights if I remember to watch the card it will air on ESPN+ in the US and TNT in GB. Note the comeback of Joe Joyce is the headline bout he fights Kebob vendor Kash Ali who the last time I saw him fight was getting battered around by a shot David Price and the desperate Ali bit Price before the dq loss.

Remember to pay this man when you order a kebob at his roadside food cart or he could take a bite out of you literally.....

In the evening Zepeda fights Hughes who is the B side again fighting on foreign turf and for the A side fighters promotion so he will need to batter Zepeda to get the win as we saw him lose a iffy decision to Kambosos on a Top Rank card.

I may comment on the two Saturday cards if I watch either card.

Last edited:

JohnHarper

After the super card last week the air in the room has been taken out of the boxing bubble and it's a slow weekend but tonight Callum Walsh fights veteran Eurasian Dauren Yeleussinov and should win this one as the Kazak national has been spotty against live opponents and is on the slide.

Long shot prospect Giovanni Scuderi fights Brandon Carmack who tops the scales at 275+ pounds. I expect the Italian national to win this one but I don't know what a win over a man with that build means in the greater scheme of things. The fights will be on UFC fight pass so I won't probably be watching these bouts.

Tomorrow during the day Frank Warren promotes a B grade card that features a few White contenders and prospects I could comment on the fights if I remember to watch the card it will air on ESPN+ in the US and TNT in GB. Note the comeback of Joe Joyce is the headline bout he fights Kebob vendor Kash Ali who the last time I saw him fight was getting battered around by a shot David Price and the desperate Ali bit Price before the dq loss.

Remember to pay this man when you order a kebob at his roadside food cart or he could take a bite out of you literally.....

In the evening Zepeda fights Hughes who is the B side again fighting on foreign turf and for the A side fighters promotion so he will need to batter Zepeda to get the win as we saw him lose a iffy decision to Kambosos on a Top Rank card.

I may comment on the two Saturday cards if I watch either card.
If you could pick one fight that’s a must watch in regards to importance, which would you pick?

white is right

Hall of Famer
If you could pick one fight that’s a must watch in regards to importance, which would you pick?
Zepeda vs Hughes should be the most competitive fight of the weekend with Hughes a live dog. Most of the other fights I would say are showcase fights. For giggles the Joyce fight could be fun especially if Ali pulls out some pro wrestling type shenanigans.

JohnHarper

Zepeda vs Hughes should be the most competitive fight of the weekend with Hughes a live dog. Most of the other fights I would say are showcase fights. For giggles the Joyce fight could be fun especially if Ali pulls out some pro wrestling type shenanigans.
Walsh the Irishman looking good on the UFC Pass card

white is right

Hall of Famer
Walsh the Irishman looking good on the UFC Pass card
Yes he blew out the veteran Kazak but he needs to be cautiously moved as the Kazak was on his last legs as any viable b side opponent. The broadcasters mentioned that a few days before the fight he was 20 pounds over the weight limit and had a hard weight cut to make the 154 pound limit. A younger fresher B side opponent would be a better gauge on the Irishman's viability in the division.

The Friday card was on old fashioned card that featured Irish prospects due to St. Patrick day being on that weekend and even featured an appearance by Jewish anomaly Cletus Seldin who started like a house on fire against his opponent but labored down the stretch of the fight and it was hard to tell if it was due to inactivity or age as Seldin is 37 years old.

On the Joyce card numerous prospects fought and won on the card with the best fight probably being the mid card bout between former interim title challenger Zach Parker on the comeback trail against German national Tyron Zeuge with Parker having to rise from a knock down but earning a decision as he outworked the former WBA champion.

Note the shenanigans of Ali were absent in his bout with Joyce so he just took a methodical beating with Joyce upping the pace late and getting a stoppage with about 10 seconds to go in the bout. I was expected something weird but no excessive pro wrestling style fouling happened from Ali. He must not have liked being fined thousands of pounds for his cannibal act on David Price's shoulder.

In the Saturday evening card Zepeda just beat the clever Hughes from pillar to post for 4 full rounds and Hughes corner pulled him from the fight. The referee was about to stop this one anyway as he warned Hughes late in the 4th round as Hughes never got one punch in that fended off the aggressive Mexican national. Zepeda looks like he ready for a title shot and will be positioned to fight for two belts as this was an IBF and WBA eliminator.

In possibly the biggest news of the weekend it looks like what we suspected about Ben Shalom could be true as a British newspaper broke a story about bag men being employed to pay fighters under the table with the head fixer being a disgraced cricket agent of Pakistani nationality.

As we speculated how does a man that young who wasn't from a wealthy family spring out of nowhere into big time boxing when there wasn't a back story of being a stock market guru or being a founder of hot cutting edge tech company. This story will be fluid in the coming months https://www.thetimes.co.uk/sport/cr...-fixing-scandal-agent-jailed-boxing-mfzgl32h3

Also the Haney vs Garcia big money bout in Brooklyn is hanging by a thread as Garcia seems to be melting with the pressure of the media spotlight as the NYSAC want a full psych report from the Garcia camp before the fight ensues. This too is a fluid story that bares watching...https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_...says-nysac-requested-mental-health-evaluation

Last edited:

Truthman

Guru
Serhii Bohachuk has been messed around badly don't you think

He was about to fight for the WBC title, now sudddnly hes a few fights away, probably years away from a shot. Cause of bitch ass Thurmans pull out, and the WBC strangely giving the vacant title fight to the Tszyu-Fundora fight.

Truthman

Guru
The things ex soviet union fighters have to do to get a title shot eh! Unbelievably Madrimov and Kurbanov had to fight for no money, when everyone else on the card was getting paid huge

Also, RCC Boxing Promotions, on behalf of Kurbanov, issued a statement that he and Madrimov fought for the title in Riyadh at their own expense and the assumptions that he received huge money due to the fact that the fight took place in Saudi Arabia do not correspond reality.

“Yes, I fought without a fee,” Kurbanov said. “We had negotiations for a very long time, in the end, they called me and said: “There is a fight, there is a world title, there is no money.” Roughly speaking, both Israil and I perform at our own expense. Now they write that I earned 20 million, 30 million, 35 million... Guys, calm down. I fought for my dream, for my goal. I went into the ring to win, but, unfortunately, I didn’t win.”

SneakyQuick

Mentor
The things ex soviet union fighters have to do to get a title shot eh! Unbelievably Madrimov and Kurbanov had to fight for no money, when everyone else on the card was getting paid huge

Also, RCC Boxing Promotions, on behalf of Kurbanov, issued a statement that he and Madrimov fought for the title in Riyadh at their own expense and the assumptions that he received huge money due to the fact that the fight took place in Saudi Arabia do not correspond reality.

“Yes, I fought without a fee,” Kurbanov said. “We had negotiations for a very long time, in the end, they called me and said: “There is a fight, there is a world title, there is no money.” Roughly speaking, both Israil and I perform at our own expense. Now they write that I earned 20 million, 30 million, 35 million... Guys, calm down. I fought for my dream, for my goal. I went into the ring to win, but, unfortunately, I didn’t win.”
If true, that’s a complete disgrace

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Imagine how good an Olympic boxing team would be now if comprised of boxers from all of the former USSR countries. Uzbekistan plus Ukraine plus Russia would be ridiculous

And a basketball team made up of former Yugoslavian nations.

Be tough to beat

Logos5

Guru
Imagine how good an Olympic boxing team would be now if comprised of boxers from all of the former USSR countries. Uzbekistan plus Ukraine plus Russia would be ridiculous

And a basketball team made up of former Yugoslavian nations.

Be tough to beat
they'd all make it to the playoffs and get golds, its sad that they're all poor and dont get the oppurtunity that the jews give to blacks, and still they manage to dominate both nba and boxing

Logos5

Guru
Are there any matches worth watching this weekend?
Dalton Smith vs Jose Zepeda is one to look out for as the upcoming British prospect faces off against a well-known, albeit now washed up former Hispanic contender.

Next Weekend is stacked though, as we have Tim Tszuyu vs Sebastian Fendora, an opponent who was originally ordered to fight Serhii Bohachuk for the vacant WBC Super-Welter belt, but has replaced Thurman instead to fight the Super-Welter champ. Now Brian Mendoza is set to face off against Serhii Bohachuk for the interim WBC Super Welterweight title.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
they'd all make it to the playoffs and get golds, its sad that they're all poor and dont get the oppurtunity that the jews give to blacks, and still they manage to dominate both nba and boxing
A team of the old Soviet Union would be so deep that potential medalists would be left home routinely in nearly every division. The breaking up of the old Yugoslavian republic was the biggest tragedy in international basketball. The depth of players while not as deep as Soviet boxing was insanely deep for a country that was the size of the Netherlands.

This weekend only has the Dalton Smith card on television in North America it's another slow weekend until the Tim Tszyu vs the Towering Inferno card next week.

PS in breaking news the June 1st unification bout between Beterbiev and Bivol now has two huge main event caliber heavyweight bouts in Wilder vs Zhang and Hrgovic vs Dubois.

I will say this the Saudi's are changing the mindset of fight camps as Hrgovic isn't sitting on his mandatory spot and Zhang didn't bother to sit on his paper belt/mandatory spot and fought Parker. Whomever loses the Wilder vs Zhang fight will have a long and improbable road back to relevancy due to their ages but the winner will be right back in the mix and will probably get another big money fight.https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_...ay-wilder-zhilei-zhang-finalizing-june-1-bout

Last edited: