Miscellaneous Boxing News

white is right

Hall of Famer
Andrade had to be one of the most overhyped boxers in recent times. Every black supremacist commentator was acting like he would be big trouble for Canelo but here we see him perform much worse then Plant did, who wasn't nearly as highly regarded. Glad to see him get exposed as not being all that.
Andrade used the I was ducked excuse to take the left overs of GGG and other champions and make a fine living fighting B grade guys in the Rhode Island area for years. If he wanted to and believed in himself he could have taken the short money and fought a star fighter for B side money.

Also in this fight it further illustrated the boxing fact that muscles don't necessarily help with power as Andrade looked like the Thinker statue and Benavidez looked like a skinnier runner type but Benavidez was making Andrade wobbly with every clean bomb he landed on his chin.

Rounding up the weekend action and Mick Conlan needs to retire as his chin is cracked after taking two fearsome knockouts in world title fights. Gill was brought in because he isn't a puncher and was viewed as damaged goods yet he rocked Conlan to his boots every time he landed hard shots to the Irishman's chin and earned a 7th round stoppage with largely one way traffic less a brief 6th round rally by the plucky Irishman.

Reading off the wire reports and Canadian Ryan Rozicki ko'd aged veteran Olanrewaju Durodola in the first round. I had forgotten that the Nigerian veteran had a big upset of fringe Russian contender Dmitry Kudryashov back in 15'. After this win the Canadian is a mandatory contender to King controlled cruiserweight champion Noel Mikaelyan. The title bout will be an all White affair that may be fought in the hot steam of Miami as King seems to have a deal with the Native American tribe that has the city of Miami named after it.

In the evening on Saturday Ryan Garcia seemed to have problems with Oscar Duarte but in the end ko'd the rugged fringe contender with combinations late in the 8th round. At times he seemed to be confused with what style he should adopt against the aggressive Mexican national but his hand speed and power was a factor to end this fight.

He later called out Rolly Romero and talked about taking baby steps before fighting the bigger names of the 140 pound division.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Came across this today. I had never heard of the guy.

I knew about him but only knew the record book facts of being an Olympic champion in 72'. I didn't know the about the downward spiral of his life due to CTE. I remember a bunch of old Soviet fighters talk about the national program being harder than international tournaments as the sparring sessions were killers and the cutthroat competition to make an Olympic or world team was tougher than the tournament.

He obviously probably didn't have the proper diagnosis for concussions and fought through some and it spurred the CTE to happen earlier than a normal fighter would get the ailment.

This weekend White prospects fight on the Prograis vs Haney DAZN PPV and on the ESPN card and Chris Billam-Smith has a title fight on Sunday afternoon against a Polish veteran in his first title fight. Liam Paro fights Montana Love in the chief support of the DAZN PPV and Richard Torrez Jr fights beatable spoiler Curtis Harper.

I may comment on these fights if I view them. I don't see myself viewing the CBS fight as that would be happening during prime Sunday NFL action but who knows maybe the games I want to see will be blowouts when the main even happens.

Updating the Saturday bouts and Damian Knyba earned an 8 round decision over Michael Coffie. At one point Coffie was viewed as a fringe contender who had to be brought along quickly as he was in his mid 30's but after losing twice to high end spoiler Johnny Rice he has drifted down to this level. So a win over Coffie is to be expected and the scorecards were wide too so this is a decent win.

Richard Torrez Jr. pounded on Curtis Harper until the referee had seen enough with Harper's head rocking violently in the last round with nothing coming back from the veteran trial horse. Torrez will probably step up in competition in the new year once a cut that he sustained from Harper heals. He may fight a Coffie type in his next bout as he really learned nothing pounding on the hapless Harper.

Liam Pero made a statement with his violent stoppage of Montana Love. Love while not world class is a decent club fighter/regional draw but he was violently dispatched by the hard punching Australian of Italian ancestry in the 6th round after being dropped twice and was being pounded in a similar manner to the hapless Harper. It will be interesting who Matchroom has for Pero in his next bout.

Finally today CBS was out boxed and needed to rally after tough Pole Mateusz Masternak boxed smoothly for 6 rounds and 2 minutes and 50 odd seconds until Billam-Smith landed a rib punch that made the veteran give ground and then surrender on his stool with possible broken ribs or at least cartilage damage. Smith would be advised to avoid boxers if he wants to have a long reign or to work on his head movement as the veteran Pole boxed him silly at times.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
Tonight the Jake Paul circus hits Orlando Florida but this time his fight isn't on PPV and the media hype is minimal at best. He fights an obscure fighter named Andre August. A win is must for his act to go on at any semi serious level or it's off to the Misfits level if Paul wants that type of hype and coverage. On the undercard Lorenzo Medina fights in a support bout to the main event against an obscure opponent. Considering his age I expect this opponent to be soft but Medina has potential just off his age alone as he is under 20 years old and knows his way around the ring.

Tomorrow Sunny Edwards fights Bam Rodriguez in a flyweight unification fight and the winner has the potential to be the face of sub 122 pound boxing. White prospects from the UK fight on this card.

Also Sandor Martin has a fight in Turin against a White Arab. A win is a must as Martin is highly rated and a win could secure a paper title shot against somebody in a voluntary or even a mandatory shot.

Finally Robert Guerrero fights Andre Berto in a retirement match(I hope) of over the hill former champions this bout will be on the final Showtime card with the PBC brand.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Jake spectacularly KOs Andre August in a way reminiscent of the second Woodley fight.
Yes Paul scouted his obviously chinny opponent and laid him out in a Nate Robinson manner. Supposedly Paul wants to go the traditional boxer route to a legitimate title shot but I can't see it. Call me cynical but I think he was forced to drop the high profile circus fights because his PPV numbers couldn't justify his high purse floors.

Also Lorenzo Medina in the end destroyed his club fight opponent but he was knocked down by a punch that was glancing that could have been ruled a slip by the referee as he looked more off balance than anything else. In the end he had his opponent doing the funky chicken in a corner and the referee had no choice to stop the bout. Medina looks like he will be a regular on preliminary bouts of various cards in the Dixie circuit for the foreseeable future.

PS here is the Paul ko win.....

Updating Saturday's fights and the action and good fights were numerous. I missed previewing this one as Josh Kelly clinically destroyed an Afro-Colombian opponent with a third round stoppage where his opponent took a ten count knee while scratching his nose checking for blood. The stoppage reminded me of Holyfield vs Douglas where Douglas surrendered his championship in a similar manner. Kelly is the mandatory for Tszyu that fight will be a fire fight for as long as it lasts.

In the evening the DAZN card had some brilliant fights. In the first bout of the DAZN card Peter McGrail dominated Ja’Rico O’Quinn for 4 and half rounds and then walked into a bomb and was counted out. The loss reminded me of the Julian Jackson come from behind knockout of hard luck Afro-Brit Herold Graham. Nothing was going the way of Quinn who was dropped a few times but one well timed counter won this fight.

In the semifinal bout of the card Eurasian Murodjon Akhmadaliev is back in the title picture as he slowly broke down game but out gunned Kevin Gonzalez and stopped him in the 8th round after scoring 4 knockdowns in the fight. He is now the mandatory contender for his old WBA belt.

In the main event Bam Rodriguez displayed punching power that is rarely seen in the lower weight classes by slowly breaking down a game but out gunned Sunny Edwards. In the end Edwards corner waved the white flag at the end of the 9th round after Edwards was dropped violently and tumbled like a circus performer. Rodriquez is now the face of sub 122 pound boxers and probably the cash cow for these divisions too.

Finally Guerrero repeated his victory over Berto but at 40 I don't know if this leads to anything as I didn't watch this fight so I don't have clue what the "Ghost" has left in the tank, this was the final Showtime broadcast of boxing as in 24' the PBC will be shown on Amazon.

Last edited:

freedom1

Mentor
It would be nice to see a few upsets this weekend.

Anthony Joshua vs Otto Wallin (heavyweight)

Deontay Wilder vs Joseph Parker (heavyweight)

Dmitry Bivol (C) vs Lyndon Arthur (WBA light-heavyweight title)

Daniel Dubois vs Jarrell Miller (heavyweight)

Filip Hrgovic vs Mark De Mori (heavyweight)

Jai Opetaia vs Ellis Zorro (cruiserweight)

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I would love to see Otto Wallin pull off the upset. Anthony Joshua has been beat as the losses prove it. Go in there
and take care of business.

I also hope Filip Hrgovic can put on a nice performance. Good luck to all of our guys in a big weekend of fights!

white is right

Hall of Famer
It would be nice to see a few upsets this weekend.

Anthony Joshua vs Otto Wallin (heavyweight)

Deontay Wilder vs Joseph Parker (heavyweight)

Dmitry Bivol (C) vs Lyndon Arthur (WBA light-heavyweight title)

Daniel Dubois vs Jarrell Miller (heavyweight)

Filip Hrgovic vs Mark De Mori (heavyweight)

Jai Opetaia vs Ellis Zorro (cruiserweight)
The weights are in and Saturday's super card is ready to go. Note this card begins at 11am EST and will run until about 7pm EST so this is the equivalent of a triple feature being shown on a Saturday afternoon. I don't expect any upsets on the few mismatches on the card but as heavy as Miller is he is a live dog against "heartless" Dubois. Also both co-main events have intrigue too.

Wilder who spewed angry Black nationalist rhetoric against White opponents has changed his tune after getting flattened twice by Fury and now is a Black Jesus type who loves all races and creeds. He supposedly has taken Ayahuasca in South America and it's changed his personality. I did notice he looks suddenly older looking. This maybe nothing but I wonder if his vulnerable chin is shattered after the two Fury losses. Parker needs to go rounds and test the chin or it could be a short night for him.

Wallin should have the same strategy to go rounds and see if Joshua unravels like a cheap sweater if he can't overwhelm Wallin with his strength and power. If Wallin can land his jab to upset Joshua's rhythm he will have a good shot at the upset but the boxing business may rob him anyway as it's an open secret that Joshua vs Wilder is ready to be announced if both fighters win on Saturday.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Something tells me the IQ gap has a lot to do with it when it comes to ayahuasca trips. Lol but who knows maybe he’s shooting the **** with Shaman Aaron Rodgers somewhere in a rainforest.

white is right

Hall of Famer
In the first big upset of the night podgy looking but highly skilled Kurd Kabayal slowly took apart Arslanbek Makhmudov with superior boxing and timing the big unit. In the end the Russian national fell apart similar to a Saturday morning cartoon robot that was operated by a super villain, he hit the deck twice from body shots and was wobbly and winded when he was rescued by the referee.

For the German based Kurd he will have a 7 figure fight in his future and for Arslanbek Makhmudov the road back will be a hard one as there is now a blue print in how to beat him with boxing skills mixed with power punches.

Note in earlier fights Hrgovic destroyed unworthy opponent De Mori in one round by scoring a knockdown and letting everything but the kitchen sink fly at the hapless De Mori. De Mori should retire off this payday and the obvious truth that he can't hang with world level heavyweights as his 40th birthday approaches.

Updating the card and Dubois stopped unfit Miller in the 10th round with 8 seconds to go. Miller faded down the stretch like any 330 fighter would in a normal height range.

No dog in this fight but Miller did things that defied human anatomy when he crossed 300 pounds and ground down Dinu and other fighters with a better engine. It's sweet to see a walking pharmacy take his beating like what he deserved for years.

Bivol just dominated a game but outclassed Lyndon Arthur. Outside a body shot in the around the 8th round it was one way traffic for the Eurasian based out of Russia. Bivol dropped Arthur in the 11th round with a combination that ended with body shot and in the 12th round went for a stoppage but he was a punch or two away from the stoppage.

Up next is Wilder vs Parker.

Last edited:

freedom1

Mentor
The word is that Kabayal knocked out Anthony Joshua sparring. Look out HW division.

Whiteathlete333

Hall of Famer
The weights are in and Saturday's super card is ready to go. Note this card begins at 11am EST and will run until about 7pm EST so this is the equivalent of a triple feature being shown on a Saturday afternoon. I don't expect any upsets on the few mismatches on the card but as heavy as Miller is he is a live dog against "heartless" Dubois. Also both co-main events have intrigue too.

Wilder who spewed angry Black nationalist rhetoric against White opponents has changed his tune after getting flattened twice by Fury and now is a Black Jesus type who loves all races and creeds. He supposedly has taken Ayahuasca in South America and it's changed his personality. I did notice he looks suddenly older looking. This maybe nothing but I wonder if his vulnerable chin is shattered after the two Fury losses. Parker needs to go rounds and test the chin or it could be a short night for him.

Wallin should have the same strategy to go rounds and see if Joshua unravels like a cheap sweater if he can't overwhelm Wallin with his strength and power. If Wallin can land his jab to upset Joshua's rhythm he will have a good shot at the upset but the boxing business may rob him anyway as it's an open secret that Joshua vs Wilder is ready to be announced if both fighters win on Saturday.
What rhetoric did Wilder spew? I remember his million excuses when he lost to Fury and claiming white supremacy played a role in his loss but that is it. He also went at a black reporter because he wasn’t black power enough. Also to who did he say it to?

white is right

Hall of Famer
What rhetoric did Wilder spew? I remember his million excuses when he lost to Fury and claiming white supremacy played a role in his loss but that is it. He also went at a black reporter because he wasn’t black power enough. Also to who did he say it to?
He kept on spewing "until this day" to Fury during press conferences and inferred he was part of the Southern conspiracy to keep the Black man down. Total nonsense as Fury pointed out his people were oppressed by the British too.

Wilder said that to Radio Raheem who has now branched out to boxing television broadcasting in a part time capacity.

Last edited:

Whiteathlete333

Hall of Famer
He kept on spewing "until this day" to Fury during press conferences and inferred he was part of the Southern conspiracy to keep the Black man down. Total nonsense as Fury pointed out his people were oppressed by the British too.
Wilder is a true piece of trash. Those fights with Fury completely destroyed him. He wasn’t very smart to begin with but now has severe brain damage. He couldn’t take the losses like a man,

Whiteathlete333

Hall of Famer
Parker dominated Wilder. I feel Usyk would win every round against Wilder and wilders only chance would be a lucky knockout.