Mikkel Kessler

Bunnyman

Guru
This is an awesome fight between two undefeated fighters. Let's hope some American network has the foresight to show the fight. Kessler is a star in the making. I'd love to see him fight Hopkins, Wright, Taylor or any other black hope.

There are enough Mexican cable subscribers in North Carolina to make this profitable for HBO or Showtime. Let alone the Mexican Subscribers in the South West and Mexico.

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Roy Jones was one of the fasted fighters around. He used his speed as a defense. Unfortunatley for the "King", he has lost some speed and exposed his glass jaw in the process. I watched him getting knocked out (asleep before he hit the canvas) againts Brown and Tarver. Both knock outs were by one punch. Kessler is a busy, skilled fighter and will land punches. Prediction: Kessler by a knock-out.

Angelcynn

Guru
Looks like Jermains ran away again because it appears Calzaghe is going to fight Kessler now (according to BBC Sports). This is a fight I would not like to see but they are the two best fighters in that division with Pavlik not far behind.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
I hope the fight between Kessler and Calzaghe does not happen because I'm a fan of both, and I'd like to see their undefeated records remain intact.

I would prefer to see either fight Taylor, Tarver, Jones, or Hopkins.

JD074

Master
I'm curious to see who's better. Probably Calzaghe, but we'll see. And I'm glad that so many boxing fans want to see two white men fight! That's a good thing. A lot of people are doubting Calzaghe, saying that he doesn't want to fight anybody decent. He'll shut them up if this fight finally happens. But it's not a done deal yet. You never know with boxing.

TheEnglishman, Pavlik is a Middleweight and Calzaghe and Kessler are Super-Middleweights. Edited by: JD074

Bart

Hall of Famer
JD1986 said:
I would prefer to see either fight Taylor, Tarver, Jones, or Hopkins.

Yeah, I would rather see them eliminate those fellows before fighting each other.

JD074

Master
Well, there's been talk of Calzaghe fighting Hopkins in early 2008. That could still happen after a Calzaghe/ Kessler fight in September (provided Calzaghe wins, of course.) It's not either/ or.

Beating those two guys would do a lot for Calzaghe's legacy. Taylor would be great, too, but Pavlik would be the logical next fight for him. I'm sure we would all love to see that! I know I would. Tarver would be decent, but Jones hasn't won a meaningful fight in almost four years, so I don't know what beating him would prove. There's also criticism that Calzaghe has been a champ for all these years but still hasn't unified the division. Beating Kessler would give him three belts (he probably wouldn't bother with Berrio, or whoever beats him, but it would unify the division.)

As for Kessler, Calzaghe would probably retire soon after their fight, and that would leave Kessler to potentially dominate his division for years to come, even if has one lousy loss on his record. Or, if he beats Calzaghe, well, his stock will go through the friggin' roof! He'll be a proven champion with three belts. Not too shabby. And he would be more likely to fight Berrio or equivalent) and unify the division. Hmm, white undisputed champion... sounds good!

Basically, Calzaghe is running out of time, and he needs to go after any top fighter who will fight him. Kessler, Taylor, Hopkins/ Wright, Tarver, Chad Dawson, or Glenn Johnson would all be fine with me. But no more Calzaghe/ Manfredo's! His next fight needs to be a big fight. If that's Kessler, so be it.
Edited by: JD074

Angelcynn

Guru
JD074, I like to combine the two divisions myself because they are the two most interesting divisions in boxing for me and are very similer. Anyways as for Calzaghe running out time, that does seem very apparent. Not only has he not fought at his best since the Lacey fight, he does appear to be ageing faster than ever. I just hope he doesn't lose his hand speed because no one can match it. If he does fight Kessler I'll be a bit worried for Calzaghe because Kessler is no slouch and is a tough nutt to crack. And he certainly aint no fool like Lacey is.