Mike Karney

devans

Mentor
Wait, he did carry it 11 times this season. That's 11 more times than any of the Saints' guards. "That's about 10 more than I expected, too," Karney said. After the game, Saints coach Sean Payton joked that "it wasn't like we went into the game and said, 'We need to get the ball into Mike Karney's hands.'"

Full article - http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9939103

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
The guy scores three touchdowns in one game, and has a 4.9 yards per carry average, but he'll rarely if ever see the football again. That's the caste system for you. Karney could be an outstanding starting running back if given the opportunity.

Alpha Male

Mentor
I wish one of these guys would speak up. Maybe he will after retirement. Don Beebe and Matt Jones have addressed the subject, but we need more.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yep, we need a lot more. Team players need to turn into selfish complainers who can expose some of this garbage.

Karney has the talent to be the next Alstott. I've seen pics of him with his pads off, and he's built just like him. Go to his myspace page, you'll see them. I have a feeling that after the three-touchdown performance he had, the caste system won't be able to get rid of him that easily. He's a crucial part of their offense. They need him, whether the caste-whores like it or not.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
They won't get rid of him, GF, but they will keep him to as a fullback. Translation: block for the blacks, receive an occasional pass, use otherwise only on trick plays. Edited by: White Shogun

White Shogun said:
They won't get rid of him, GF, but they will keep him to as a fullback. Translation: block for the blacks, receive an occasional pass, use otherwise only on trick plays.

Yeah, they'll basically do to him what Gruden did to Alstott his whole career. Keep him around for blocking duty, and when they need crucial yardage, they'll give him the ball. He'll be like the team's guranteed insurance policy. When the "affletes" can't get the job done in an important situation, they'll give him the ball because he's reliable.

It would, however, make much more sense to give him the majority of the team's carries. But the caste-whore coaches of the NFL don't seem to have any room for White runners, even one as solid as he is. That truly says a lot about a coach, when they're willing to risk their team's record, just to conform to the caste system. Very disheartening.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Karney might be a good power back, if he was worked with. But right now he's just a battering ram with brute strength. The way the Saints use him isn't much different than the way Arizona State used him. There's no way at this point he should be starting over either Deuce McAllister or Reggie Bush. Unfortunately his Caste role was "cast" many years ago.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I never watched Karney in college, and my first real exposure to him was in the aforementioned Saints game in which he scored three TD's. Maybe he is just a battering ram with brute strength, but he certainly looked legit on the few touches that he did have. Overpowering defenders but with nice hands on the catch. It would be nice to see him get more touches this weekend, but I'm not holding my breath.

white is right

Hall of Famer
From what I recall of Karney in college he was used the way Alstott was used in the championship season. He got touches but was never close to the feature back. If you don't even get significant touches in college at the next level you will be relegated further down the trough....
smiley5.gif
Edited by: white is right