Michael Vick is not Superman

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
He's over-rated and just lost and wasn't even in the game at the end. Supposedly injured. Hmmmmm... It was good to see him lose.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Vick had 123 yards passing today, which is a run of the mill game for him in that department.

Peyton Manning had 122 yards passing today -- the lowest total of his eight year career. The worst game ofPeyton's career is but an average game for the "most dangerous weapon in NFL history."

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Yep, that's my point exactly. He's very overhyped and people are being brainwashed into thinking the mediocre is something special. The mass media is behind the whole promotion of blacks in every area. Watch television and see how often you see a black or mulatto put on the pedestal, made the hero, made to be the example to envy and follow. And of course the incessant attempt and surge to vomit forth the interacial black man plus white woman (actually SKANK) as a "healthy" or trendy norm. INSANE! Let your friends know about this site. We need toslow downthis nonsense in our communities before our race is one wretched New Orleans waiting to happen; if you know what I mean.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
This on ESPN, Pasquarelli's column, from observations on the Week 2 action from one current assistant personnel director and one NFC pro scout:

- "Michael Vick still doesn't get it. All his apologists keep saying he's making progress as a passer. It sure doesn't look like it from in front of the television or on the video, either. Great athlete. Just an average passer, if that, at this point. He missed [wide receiver] Michael Jenkins twice Sunday on what might have been touchdowns. And for all the plays he makes with his feet, the guy still takes way too many sacks. I know it's only two games, but he's been sacked once every eight drop-backs already. That's not improvement. That's his norm."

smiley3.gif

Wow! Somebody in the NFL actually think Vick STINKS!!

smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
wasn't even in the game at the end. Supposedly injured.

I think a lot of supposed superstars feign injuries when the game is out of reach, or they're frustrated and doubt the outcome of the game. This way they spare themselves further or 'real' injury, and they can say that the outcome would have been different had they "been in the game."

Stars that I believe have done this, off the top of my head, include the aforemention Vick, Emmitt Smith, Donovan McNabb, and Steve McNair.

One guy who has never done anything remotely like this, IMO, is Brett Favre.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
White Shogun said:
wasn't even in the game at the end. Supposedly injured.

I think a lot of supposed superstars feign injuries when the game is out of reach, or they're frustrated and doubt the outcome of the game. This way they spare themselves further or 'real' injury, and they can say that the outcome would have been different had they "been in the game."

Stars that I believe have done this, off the top of my head, include the aforemention Vick, Emmitt Smith, Donovan McNabb, and Steve McNair.

One guy who has never done anything remotely like this, IMO, is Brett Favre.

I would conservatively estimate that of the games I watched Sunday and Monday, courtesy of DirecTV's ever more expensive Game Day ticket, there were at least three dozen times where games brought to a grinding halt by a black player laying prone and motionless on the field with some supposed injury. On most occasions theplayer was tended tolong enough for the game to cut to commercials. And in almost every case the player eventually popped up, missed the required play that injured players have to sit out,and then went right back in the game, or missed a few plays and then was back on the field, as healthy as ever.

This has become a farce. But because one out of a thousand of these "injuries" is an actualserious injury, and because it is almost always black players involved, the same solemn ritual has to be gone through every time as though the guy was possibly paralyzed. I can remember when players sucked it up and got the hell off the field when they were hurt unless it was a broken bone or something like that. But this is the age of the prima donna black player and nothing is ever said about these dramatic interludes.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Vick is one of those players that gets hurt alot.He will continue to as the NFL is not college.You have to pick and choose when to run.He tries to make his living by running the ball and he is not that durable.News to Vick,your not a running back.He has no choice because he even has to know that he can't hit the side of an ocean!Vick is one of the worst passers that I have ever watched.Very little accuracy.Sorry but I don't feel bad for him.I can't stand his arrogant overrated show off self.He is not a qb and never will be.He is a creation of the media,nothing more,nothing less.What a joke!!

Ya better get used to it Falcons fans --- Vick's your boy for a
LOOOOOOOONG time! Certified imbecile Aaaah-tha Blank has
mortgaged the farm to pay top dollar for his prize sow, and the early
returns are discouraging.

When Vick was drafted by the 'Coons, I predicted he would play four
full seasons, due to his propensity to get injured (or at least ACT as
though he's injured every time he gets shoved by another player).
Anyone who was paying atention could tell he had a 5 to 6 year
shelf-life, max. Yet the 'Coons threw $100 million bucks Vick's
way, thus crapping away any salary cap room for the next decade or
so.

Vick's performance in the Seattle game wasn't worth $100 bucks.
The fact is, he will never develop into a legitimate quarterback, and
he isn't tough enough to be a "slash"-type player. Still, no one
will ever dare to call him what he is --- a BUST. Instead, look
for liberal usage of the phrase "unrealized potential due to untimely
injuries."

Trainer

I don't know, I think the jury is still out on Vick. It goes without
saying that he is overrated due to the messiah like status that the NFL
and media put on him. I can't recall a player being marketed to such a
wide degree without ever accomplishing ANYTHING in the NFL. I mean they
hyped Vick up before his rookie season.

I just see it as another black QB who was supposed to revolutionize the
position due to his ability to run (and yes, Vick can run) and 'pass'
(he han't shown he can pass worth a sh*t!), the whole dual threat
thing. Cunningham as the running QB for a few years and than he was out
of theleague and came back and became a decent passer in a pass
oriented system. But he didn't really learn how to QB until he was like
34 years old!

McNabb, same thing. Fancy footwork his forst couple of years and than
he evolved to become a better passer and actually learn defensive
schemes and the like. Yes, McNabb is overrated as well, but he is
better than Vick.

There is a clear difference in McNabb's pocket presence now as opposed
to his first couple of years. This happens after you get hit a few
times.

As for Vick, unless something changes overnight he will be a bust player and not the messiah the NFL wants him to be.

Once Vick takes a couple of more shots and bangs up his knees or legs, you could say bye-bye to Vick.

He has not learned to QB and distribute the way elite an elite QB is supposed to.

Although I will say he is still youngish and has time. But if he
doesn't do anything in the next year or 2, he was just another black
athlete who could run made QB at Virginia Tech.

Vick should have been a RB or WR.

Spooge

Guru
Well no white quarterback (save for Rick Meir) would ever be allowed to continue at the position in the pro ranks while making the same bad reads, fumbles, interceptions, etc. Michael (the archangel) Vick would not make it as a receiver nor a running back due to his probable BRITTLE BONE DISEASE, I mean the guy gets hurt often. Nothing personal here, but I hope he breaks his neck the next time he jumps/hurdles over a defender. Alas that will not get rid of the VICKisms, because the NFL will just put in another super- black replacement.

racial slur deleted by Don WassallEdited by: administrator

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I can't recall a player being marketed to such a wide degree without ever accomplishing ANYTHING in the NFL. I mean they hyped Vick up before his rookie season.

You must have long term memory-loss.
smiley36.gif

Ever hear of Akili Smith? Andre Ware? Ryan Leaf? There are many more I could name but there have been a lot of players hyped before actually setting foot on a pro football field who ended up as busts. I will give you that not many, if any, have been as marketed as much as Vick, though, which was perhaps the main point you were trying to make.
smiley1.gif

I just see it as another black QB who was supposed to revolutionize the position due to his ability to run

Funny how blacks are expected to 'revolutionize' a position with running ability, when the NFL history books are replete with white QB who could pass AND run with the football.
smiley36.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Don't forget Kordell Stewart. He was the Vick of his era, hyped before coming into the league, hyped even more when he was "Slash" his rookie year even though he barely touched the ball, and then the media went crazy when he had some success in his first year as a starter in '97.Kordell was on almost as many commercials as Tiger Woods for a while there.

Darn it, Don! I was reading the posts, and getting ready to pop in with
Kordell, but there you are!

After Kordell became the starter, he then succumbed to a most serious
case of TNB as they call it. I can remember even SI mentioning how he
was showing up over an hour late for morning meetings and films, while
the "back ups" were there right on time. All of these guys believe their
press clippings.

KG2422

Mentor
What I don't understand is why whites will pay to go see this garbage. The truths about race and where our loyalties should lie just for self preservation are so obvious that I don't understand what is the matter with people. We seem so stupid. I think television has almost has a hypnotic effect on most people as I hear them regurgitate what they heard on sportscenter or CNN. One of my friends was talking about how great Marcus Vick is because his brother is "probably the best quarterback in the NFL". There's not much you can do to awaken such an indoctrinated individual. Who has the most rushing yards for a quarterback ever? Where does Fran Tarkington rank? He was the one who revolutionized the position ,and no one does those wild pitches and laterals like he used to. He was very exciting from the films I've seen.