Mayweather accuses HBO of bias

Bart

Hall of Famer
[url]http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=AhIlq.vzmNlARjs_IlG5I3 w5nYcB?slug=ap-mayweather-hbo&prov=ap&type=lgns [/url]

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (AP)â€â€￾Recently retired boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. accused HBO's announcers of bias against him and other black fighters.

Mayweather, a 31-year-old former Olympic bronze medalist from Grand Rapids, told The Grand Rapids Press in an interview Friday that the network "is great," but criticized its boxing announcers.

"They talk about Kelly Pavlik, a white fighter, like he's the second coming. Or they go crazy over Manny Pacquiao. But I'm a black fighter," Mayweather said. "Is it racial? Absolutely. They praise white fighters, they praise Hispanic fighters, whatever. But black fighters, they never praise.

"I've noticed it for a long time but I couldn't say anything because I had to do business with them. I'll still do business with them, but I'm done holding my tongue." (snip)

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
smiley36.gif
To claim that the U.S. media favors white boxers over black ones (and white athletes over black athletes) given theoverwhelming evidence of the opposite,is just pathetic. Just shows, the more you pander to blacks the more they expect ever increasing amounts of it whileclaiming toencounter"racism" against them everywhere.

The double standards and hypocrisy in all areas of racial relations have greatly aided in the dysfunction and ongoing collapse of the "black community." Hey, maybe our critics are right and this is all part of an anti-black conspiracy by the "white" power structure. Only trouble is, they've done even a more effective number on non-ruling class whites.Edited by: Don Wassall

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Here we go again with the black whining about racism. Whites are criticized so much by the media as being slow among other things. What this claim should be taken for is a sign of racism against whites. It doesn't matter how much you give to blacks you are still called a racist. Yea Mayweather sure doesn't get any praise. He's only known as the best pound for pound fighter in the world and the announcers would have u thinking he is god or something. Another cheap shot at a white boxer by a clown racist Mayweather.Edited by: whiteathlete33

white is right

Hall of Famer
Boxing hasn't been a racist sport(from the power structure and media) for a generation. Even with the Hispanic fighters it's the fans that generate the interest that get HBO to take notice of these fighters. That statement is from a guy who stated that 2.5 million a fight was a "slave wages". At the time that was a record for a 130 pound fighter.Edited by: white is right

Poacher

Mentor
What a joke. A complete inversion of reality. How blacks and whites can see things so differently is absolutely astounding to me.

G

whiteathlete33 said:
It doesn't matter how much you give to blacks you are still called a racist.

This is probably the single most important thing to understand about africans.

G

Most interesting to me is how many people in boxing were beginning to call Floyd the best boxer in the world. This started to happen around 06 or 07. As if a short, small man could ever be the best boxer in the first place.

And yet what do they get in return?

Now that Floyd has retired, some of the same boxing people are now trying to tell us that an even smaller asian man is the best boxer in the world. At least that guy won't call everybody a racist.

web toughguy

Typical kelly pavlik gets a little press and mayweateher gets jealous im not going to say what i realy think of mayweather but hatton sized him up well when he said hes like a child. He was rated before retirement as pound for pound best in boxing hes made millions acheived international fame but wants more. He needs to understand that if you bravely fight your way to the top like pavlik you deserve praise as well as anyone else. He hasnt been oppressed at all im sure the poorer caucasians in the usa would take his opportunities and not complain. Mayweather is lucky the evil white man set up orginized sport because he hasnt the intelect to flip a burger in macdonalds.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Blacks complain and complain. The best complaint is that whites stole music from them among other things. Well maybe blacks shouldnt be allowed to box or play basketball since basketball was invented by a white. Its all about whites giving and blacks taking.

G

Winky who I thought was a cool cat is becoming a poor man's Hopkins. He said that HBO is looking for the next "white hype." Looking? Pavlik has crash landed and the entire world is starting to take notice and enjoy his fighting skill and his sportsmanship. Porch monkeys like Winky and Mayweather see the writing on the wall and are pissed and jealous of Kelly. This is annoying but not surprising.

Both are pissed becuase they rightfully feel they will soon become irrelevent.

I just watched the first Leonard vs Duran fight. Wow, what a fight. Those two were at the peak of their powers. Both would kick the s..t out of Mayweather if he had the guts to fight them. This Mayf..k is spoiled f..k, too bad Hatton didn't win that fight. I honestly believe that Hatton has ruined his career on Guiness binges. He has two chances left, beat the Magic Man then beat the Pacman. That will be a tall order.

G

Whiteathlete33 I have always wondered how in f..k does someone steal music, especially if it is an orginial song? These porch monkeys are getting it shoved down their throats and it has only begun.

Now, I want PBF to come back and get destroyed by either Cotto or Margarito. I suspect that Margarito will surprise many by crushing Cotto in 8 rounds. But I also suspect Floyd will stay retired if Margarito wins.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The amount of anger inside 99 percent of blacks in America today is incredible. At my job I have had several black supervisors in the past year. They were absolutely vicious and angry at the world. They never got fired or reprimanded. This is how most blacks are today and their hate is allowed to flourish without even an ounce of denouncement from whites. Don Imus and Bernard Hopkins are the best example. Every white announcer still kisses the racist Hopkins A-s even after what he said. It is sickening and its only getting worse and worse.

nopictures

Guru
It seems funny to me that Mayweather can say that. They seem to avoid publicizing boxing at all these days unless it's a couple of 130lb mexicans or black journeymen going at it. Mayweather is a douche and tons of blacks think just like him, you should see the stuff they're writing about the Jackson/Griffin fight, tangent. Stuff like what he just said is what made me racist. Because I was racist anyway.

G

nopictures said:
They seem to avoid publicizing boxing at all these days unless it's a couple of 130lb mexicans or black journeymen going at it.

Exactly. Now that white boxers are doing well, boxing people want to tell us that non-white midgets are actually the best boxers.

This is one of the main reasons boxing is having trouble. Who is buying this crap about midgets?

I don't know why people are even bringing up other midgets for Floyd to box. HE CAN'T EVEN SURVIVE 12 ROUNDS WITH PAVLIK, a guy who is not huge and a boxing match that is totally realistic for "the best boxer in the world" to take. Only 10 pounds more and he gets knocked out.

Poacher

Mentor
Excuse my language here but Mayweather and Wright are coming off like a couple of jealous twats.

Thunder midgets.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
It wont be long before morons like Wright and Mayweather start accusing whites of taking drugs to win these fights. Or have they already started doing this? Always looking for some excuse.

web toughguy

In mayweathers eyes there could be a dominant fighter who has beaten everyone get on hbo just once and if that man doesnt descend from the cesspit of sub saharin africa then the media are showing bias. The thing is this deranged specimin of humanity will proberly get praised for braverly standing up against his oppressers. I have a good idea for him he should go the heart of civilzation africa there be no more evil whiteys to oppresses poor little mayweather i heard the higher cultural center of the world zimbabwa is very nice at the moment.

Wanky Wright is jealous because he couldn't sell out a phone booth for one of his fights.

His talk of black fighters like him having stlye and pizazz is hysterical as well. Those jab and clinch bore fests he had with Hopkins and Taylor would have gotten a white fighter crucified by the boxing press.