Matt Shelton

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Matt Shelton of Notre Dame worked out today at the Pro Day.He ran a blazing 4.43 and 4.42 in the 40.Matt averaged over 25 yards a catch this past season as Notre Dames third receiver.He deserves a shot.He is another that could end up being a sleeper like K.Curtis.Way to go Matt.
smiley32.gif

whiteCB

Master
With those times Shelton has at least made himself a priority FA if he doesn't get drafted. Too bad he wasn't a couple inches taller becuase if your short and white the NFL doesn't care how fast you are.

SVcabron

Matt Shelton WR Shelton ran his 40s in 4.54 and 4.41. They tried to get him to run a third time due to the discrepancy, but he didn't want to. Shelton added a 30½-inch vertical jump, 9-foot-7 long jump, 4.20 short shuttle, 6.77 three-cone drill and had 16 lifts.

Source: NFL.com

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
He was a very good #3 WR and could have been a good #1 or #2 but with Stovall and Samardzija you can see why he didn't put up great stats. Hopefully a team will take a chance on him and we'll see what he has at the next level.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately I don't think Matt Shelton will get any more of a chance than Dan Sheldon did last year, another smallish (5-9) white receiver with excellent speed who almost shares the same last name. Sheldon was signed by Arizona (of all teams) as a free agent and is now out of the NFL.

I just did a search on Sheldon and found this little gem from last year from SI.com on him: "Times well in the 40 yet does not show the ability to run to the deep ball."

It's amazing how many white receivers are fast yet slow!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
What a paradox of words! When you find the media makes no sense, when inaccurate descriptions abound, when fairness is no longer a part of reality, beware because you are probably slipping into that world of darkness and lies, the Caste Zone!
smiley29.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Good one, Reb! Who should be the host of "The Caste Zone"? Bryant Gumbel, Bill Walton, Dick Vitale, Bobby Bowden? There's so many good candidates. . .

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Oh man Don!
smiley36.gif
To take a couple of choice quotes from Bill Walton, there is literally a "plethora of choices!" Choosing the Caste Zone host would also "have to qualify as one of the top three events in the history of Western civilization!"

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The competition for the position would be fearsome, that's for sure.The interview process alone would take many months if not years.
smiley4.gif

KG2422

Mentor
Don't forget all of the commie university professors. I have one more year until I finish, and I will be amazed I didn't get kicked out for blaspheming against political correctness. The situation in our universities is utterly ridiculous ,but as for Matt Shelton, the two guys he backed up are solid NFL prospects and he's only about a notch down from them in my book. He's good enough to make a roster. I think some of these fast, short, White receivers should do what many fast, short, Black receivers do. Play corner.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
If only they were allowed to! Then we would start to see some decent tackling at the position!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Shelton averaged 25.3 yards per reception in '04. He also led Notre Dame that year with 6 TD catches. A 25.3 average to go along with blazing speed should have had scouts drooling but their drool is excreted only when evaluating Negro prospects with similar talents at the position. It's as sure as death and taxes that a black receiver averaging 25.3 yards per catch will be invited to the Combine and will receive significant blessings from the Caste System publicists and commissars in attendance, while a white receiver can only hope to sign as a free agent and not be treated solely as training camp fodder for the "real" players.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It's so disgusting.Even on nfl.com,they have the top 5 wide receiver can't miss prospects and Mike Hass is no where to be found.How can we keep whitey down?It's so obvious to us,but most whites in this country are blind to it.
smiley7.gif

Kaptain

Master
Don Wassall said:
I just did a search on Sheldon and found this little gem from last year from SI.com on him: "Times well in the 40 yet does not show the ability to run to the deep ball."

It's amazing how many white receivers are fast yet slow!
Maybe the "deep ball" is 100 meters - which can only be thrown by Ron Mexico himself!

When playing catch as a kid, my brother once told me to throw the ball fast but not hard!
smiley36.gif

hedgehog

Mentor
white lightning said:
It's so disgusting.Even on nfl.com,they have the top 5 wide receiver can't miss prospects and Mike Hass is no where to be found.How can we keep whitey down?It's so obvious to us,but most whites in this country are blind to it.
smiley7.gif

I went to visit my dad last weekend who lives out of state and is an avid football fan. He likes to talk about football all of the time. I told him about some of the points we mention on this board, caste football postitions etc...He looked at me for a while in silence and if I was on drugs.I brought up the media code words used to describe white players, discrimination in college recruiting and caste football coaches. Thinking I had planted at least a seed of doubt in his mind that such a system exists, all hope was lost when he responded "well I know that coach in Seatle, Mike Holmgren wouldnt do that bull%$#".
smiley5.gif