Maccarinelli vs. Haye

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Frank Warren, Enzo Maccarinelli's promoter, has been quoted in British newspapers today as saying a fight between David Haye and Enzo Maccarinelli will probably happen early in 2008.

Hasim Rahman recently turned down an opportunity to fight Haye, by demanding $500,000 instead of the offer of $350,000.

If it happens, Haye and Maccarinelli will be fighting for the WBO, WBA, WBC and Ring heavyweight titles.

G

I think you meant the 200 (cruiser) titles, not the open (heavy) titles.

I thought Haye would stop taking matches at 200 after the Mormeck fight but I guess not.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Haye will be favored but Enzo has a big punch. Haye has also been KO'd before.

Amren.com

Mentor
nevada said:
I think you meant the 200 (cruiser) titles, not the open (heavy) titles.

I thought Haye would stop taking matches at 200 after the Mormeck fight but I guess not.

I'm asking who will win if Enzo fights Haye. What is your opinion Nevada?

Haye says he will move to heavy because making weight for cruiser is too hard. He was set to fight Rahman but he wanted more money.

Angelcynn

Guru
Haye should win this but Macca has a good chance. Macca will need to keep his distance and will have to out smart Haye if he is to win. Macca is more likely to win by points where as Hayes more likely to win by KO. It will be an interesting fight.

G

Amren.com said:
What is your opinion Nevada?

I don't know who will win this match if it happens.

Haye should stay at 217 pounds where he is better.

ironfist

Guru
Haye is the new darling of the British wiggers. If he ever steps into the ring with Wlad or Povetkin his black ass is grass.
smiley36.gif

Maple Leaf

Mentor
Yes, Frank Warren, Macc.'s manager has publicly confirmed the bout.

It is not surprising that these two fighters are ranked 1 and 2 by most of the boxing interests as they are both champions and both are tall. Macc. is the WBU and WBO champion and Haye is the WBC champion; Macc. is 6,4" and Haye is 6,3". Based solely on Haye's win over Morameck, a short and old shop-worn fighter many ranking groups have Haye slightly better than Macc. Haye has defended his title once, Macc. has defended 6 times. Their records at a glance would suggest Haye (20-1, 19 KO) is a knockout artist and Macc. (28-1, 21 KO) is a puncher/boxer. Looks can be deceiving as not only has Macc. fought more fights but 4 of those 7 fights that went the distance were 4 rounders and the other 3 were against very competent opponents one in which they both have mutally gone the distance with. Further, Macc. has fought more taller fighters on average than Haye has. 3 of 4 of Haye's last opponents were under 6' tall including Morameck. It is not worth getting excited when a taller man knocks out or out-points a much shorter man. In boxing, when all things are considered equal, the taller man usually wins. It is expected of him. His weapons have longer range. If anything, I would say these two fighters have equal power and COMPARABLE records. I think that is a fair comment.

Macc. has shown to take a round or two to warm up in fights and then he gets his timing and speed as he loosens up. Haye likes to start fast. Macc., trained by Calzaghe's father Enzo, is well conditioned and relaxed. Haye's fast starts suggest, perhaps, that he is less conditioned or making the weigth class drains him of energy. In Haye's bout with Morameck he looked tired in the 7th round even though he won by knockout.
I would give the edge on conditioning to Macc. as he seems stronger as his fights wear on. It has been stated openly that Haye has had conditioning (fitness) problems in the past.

In this compelling fight we have a fighter with better fitness - Macc. - who likes to take his time to warm up against a fighter who feels an urgency early in the fight for perhaps a lack of conditioning -Haye. Haye likes to throw the straight right, his best punch, often and Macc. can be hit by right hands. Macc.'s best punch is his left to the body something which may be frightening for a fighter with poor conditioning.

Macc. is very relaxed in the ring and he is trained to fight loose with skill and tactics and timing. With patience and conditioning to support a timed and tactical fight plan he is an exhasperating and exhausting fighter to try and better. Though he doesn't have the same speed as his stablemate Calzaghe, he does fight like Calzaghe and he does have very good speed. He also has speed later in a fight where it is a tormenting ability when the opponent is tiring and slowing.

Haye, "the hayemaker", has not said anything offensive of antagonistic in the media but his dress and hair and self promotion are suggestive of overt vanity: something society dislikes. And if overt vanity was a positive trait then it would be considered negative in the dictionary! Macc. is a gentleman and conducts himself in that classic way which polite and decent society has always admired and respected.

Politeness and decency are the conduct of man who values them. May the good man win.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
Haye and Maccarinelli Begin War Of Words

By Matthew Hurley: World Boxing Association and World Boxing Council cruiserweight champion David Haye has already begun a war of words with his March 8th opponent WBO champion Enzo Maccarinelli. Haye, 20-1 with 19 KOs won the titles with a seventh round TKO over Jean-Marc Mormeck on November 10th in France.

After the victory the fighter contemplated a move up to the heavyweight division amid claims that he could no longer make the cruiserweight limit. But an all British grudge match against Maccarinelli, 28-1 with 21 KOs proved to be irresistible to both fighters and promoter Frank Warren. Although the fight does not yet have a venue Haye insists that he will fight in Maccarinelli's backyard of Cardiff if need be.

"The fans really wanted this fight, so it would be wrong for me to blow this boy away in ten seconds," Haye told PA Sport. "If we go to Cardiff, he will have fifty thousand people screaming his name, getting him revved up. It will lift him one hundred percent. Maybe that way this fight will last. He needs all the help he can get."

Haye later told the South London Press that, "I can't see it going past four or five rounds. The only way it will is if he gets a chin transplant from Marvin Hagler."

Maccarinelli, who last defeated Mohamed Azzaoui by a fourth round TKO, is thrilled that the morass that was the negotiation process for the fight has been cleared away. The Welsh fighter feared that the bout would never come off when Haye threatened the move to heavyweight but now he feels his moment has arrived.

"I spent years begging Frank Warren for this," he says. "Even before he beat Mormeck this was the biggest domestic fight around and that's exactly what I want to be involved in."

Enzo, happy to engage Haye with verbal taunts feels that there will only be one conclusion to the fight. "I can't make a prediction on how long the fight will last, but I know when I land the big one on him the fight will be over."

Not to be outdone Haye continues to marginalize Maccarinelli in the press. "Maccarinelli is a manufactured fighter," he contends. "From the first bell I will race straight out there and put the right hand on his chin. This fight is all about my right hand. He hasn't fought anybody as fast as me, in my pedigree or in my shape. It's going to be explosive and a shock to his system. He's never been near a ring with anyone as good as me in there and this will become glaringly obvious. You will see the difference between world class and a guy who is a notch below me. You'll see it as soon as the bell rings."

The cruiserweight unification bout between David Haye and Enzo Maccarinelli will be broadcast on Setanta Sports.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
I would hardly call this a war of words. We have here an agitator and spokesman. It sounds more like Haye is beset with doubt and is attempting to injure Maccarelli's buoyancy in the opinion of the public. A wiser man would not disparage his opponent and suggest he would go easy on him to appease his opponent's fans. He may one day himself need those fans. This is a big fight because of Maccarelli's popularity -not Haye's. He may win, but then again, he may not. Fight fans in the U.K. will not endear themselves to someone who thinks little of THEM.

jazbb

if haye wins i bet that the press will be calling the cruiserweights the best division in boxing....

G

At this point, Haye will have to dehydrate himself a lot to make 200. This will make him vulnerable to getting knocked out. He almost got knocked out by Mormeck.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
nevada said:
At this point, Haye will have to dehydrate himself a lot to make 200. This will make him vulnerable to getting knocked out. He almost got knocked out by Mormeck.

No, he's said he's stayed near 200 because of the possibility of a fight with Maccarinelli. Since he's remaining near the cruiserweight limit, he won't need to dehydrate himself for the fight in March.

I think Haye will come in his best shape for this fight, so he'll be a formidable opponent. The "Haye was weight-drained" excuse will come in handy for Haye's wigger fans. But let's be honest: if it was going to really be a problem, Haye wouldn't have accepted this fight.

white is right

Hall of Famer
To be honest Haye looked dried out at the weigh in against Mormeck. He had a Chippendale dancer look.....
smiley36.gif
I think the fight is too big a fight for him to pass up. Also his future in the heavyweight division will be limited. Yes he can crack but he is tiny and doesn't have the tightest of defense.Edited by: white is right

Never seen Haye fight. Saw Macca only fight once and that was to some Mohamed guy that Macca decked with a body shot on the undercard of Kessler/Calzaghe. Haye is a giant for a cruiserweight. From what I hear Haye has stamina problems. Hopefully Macca could take him into the deep rounds and land some good leather to put him to sleep for the night.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
This should be a slugfest - I'm sure it will not go the distance, although i'm not sure who's going to win.

If Maccarinelli wins, he'll be the real champion at cruiserweight. But Haye is a hard puncher and a fairly decent boxer, and I believe he'll have at least a 50% chance of winning.

This is a pick 'em fight.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
For any Canadians here at castefootball:

The Showtime broadcast of the Haye vs. Maccarinelli fight will be carried live on television here in Canada (6 pm Eastern and 9 Pacific time) by 'The Fight Network'.
smiley4.gif

jazbb

the uk is as anti- white as the usa! look for haye to win this fight big, the fight will go down at 2am uk time thats prime time in the us.so this fight is for american boxing fans,when klitschko fights in germany as i recalld the fight gos down at about 2pm. my time,so when hayes wins this fight.(and he will win) the media will go nuts! this is that boxing is all about! not like that boring klitschko! speed! power!he will get the white women back to the sport! he is like the great fighter of the 70s!so white boxing fans just get braced! its coming!!!!!

white is right

Hall of Famer
The British Media tends to hype any Brit that can be world class. The winner of this fight will be huge. The National Front still isn't a factor in the ghetto neighbourhoods in Britain? I know in the 70's they were a scary semi-vigilante group? Like I said in previous posts Haye is a very good cruiser but will be cannon fodder in the heavyweight division. At best he can be a Michael Moorer type.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
jazbb said:
the uk is as anti- white as the usa! look for haye to win this fight big, the fight will go down at 2am uk time thats prime time in the us.so this fight is for american boxing fans,when klitschko fights in germany as i recalld the fight gos down at about 2pm. my time,so when hayes wins this fight.(and he will win) the media will go nuts!   this is that boxing is all about!   not like that boring klitschko! speed! power! he will get the white women back to the sport!  he is like the great fighter of the 70s!  so white boxing fans just get braced! its coming!!!!!

Jazzbb:

When you say "...he will get the white women back into the sport..." are you suggesting that at some time they left? Women have really only started boxing in the past 5-10 years and the following is paltry. Haye has already stated that win or lose he is going to try his hand at the heavyweights, except he did not state it in such a fair manner because, as anyone in their right frame of mind can see, Haye is not able to speak honestly and is mistaken about his own importance and ability.

Two things are certain: Haye will fight at heavyweight and Haye will fail at heavyweight. Haye is caught in the middle between cruiserweight and heavyweight: he is too big for cruiser and has to dehydrate himself to make weight; and he is too small for heavyweight. In a sport where mass divides all of the competitors, Haye will find there is no weight class for him. He has some height but it takes more than height to fight the heavies -it takes a big frame, a thick skeleton. His most recent picture at the weigh-in reveals a skinny man weighted with some muscle. He will find that he cannot cheat the time honoured rule that his power will not travel with him and neither will his hand speed (he already has slow feet and plain footwork). The big eastern men which he so flippantly insults and dismisses will mercilessly beat and break him as they have already done to all of the black skinned fighters already. Edited by: Maple Leaf

jazbb

Maple Leaf said:
jazbb said:
the uk is as anti- white as the usa! look for haye to win this fight big, the fight will go down at 2am uk time thats prime time in the us.so this fight is for american boxing fans,when klitschko fights in germany as i recalld the fight gos down at about 2pm. my time,so when hayes wins this fight.(and he will win) the media will go nuts! this is that boxing is all about! not like that boring klitschko! speed! power!he will get the white women back to the sport! he is like the great fighter of the 70s!so white boxing fans just get braced! its coming!!!!!

Jazzbb:

When you say "...he will get the white women back into the sport..." are you suggesting that at some time they left? Women have really only started boxing in the past 5-10 years and the following is paltry. Haye has already stated that win or lose he is going to try his hand at the heavyweights, except he did not state it in such a fair manner because, as anyone in their right frame of mind can see, Haye is not able to speak honestly and is mistaken about his own importance and ability.

Two things are certain: Haye will fight at heavyweight and Haye will fail at heavyweight. Haye is caught in the middle between cruiserweight and heavyweight: he is too big for cruiser and has to dehydrate himself to make weight; and he is too small for heavyweight. In a sport where mass divides all of the competitors, Haye will find there is no weight class for him. He has some height but it takes more than height to fight the heavies -it takes a big frame, a thick skeleton. His most recent picture at the weigh-in reveals a skinny man weighted with some muscle. He will find that he cannot cheat the time honoured rule that his power will not travel with him and neither will his hand speed (he already has slow feet and plain footwork). The big eastern men which he so flippantly insults and dismisses will mercilessly beat and break him as they have already done to all of the black skinned fighters already.
no! no! no! maple leaf! i was just mocking the media!!!!!!!!!!!!
smiley9.gif