Kyle Dake

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
First of all I would like to thank Hawkeye2 and liverlips for updates on NCAA Wrestling, a sport that is dominated by whites! Wrestling never gets the attention it deserves and frankly I haven't kept up with it as I once did, but I always watch the NCAA finals and some matches during the year when I can find time to view them on ESPN.

With that being said, I was listening to the Dan Patrick show this morning and luckily they had Kyle Dake as a guest. He's the only NCAA wrestler to have won national championships in 4 different weight classes!

I didn't get to here the whole interview, but what I did here, it seemed that Patrick was trying to bait Dake into the low classless levels of other affletes, such as asking Dake does he trash talk before or after a match. To which Dake to his credit says no, we just go about our business of taking care business on the mat and then walk away.

Dan Patrick also asked Dake did he have a temper, to which Dake said no, I have a controlled temper.

Kyle Dake was refreshing, articulate, and classy in the part of the interview I heard and embodies what college athletes should strive for, a quality education, which is what he received with a degree from Cornell and success in the athletic field they choose.

The interview ended with Dake winning a bet that he couldn't pin one of Dan Patricks co-hosts in 15 seconds or less. Dake pinned the guy in 11 seconds.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
My pleasure, Carolina! Dake may well be the best college wrestler in the history of the sport. I hope we see him in the 2016 Olympics and maybe in MMA after that.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
No way would Dake do MMA, he's got a degree from Cornell. Unlike the basketball players at Georgetown, who are given a chance despite not getting good grades in high school, Cornell doesn't do that for their students. Wrestling is one of those sports where guys from Penn, Princeton, and Cornell, can compete with guys from Penn State and Iowa, and that's what I like about it.