Kristof Beyens

SteveB

Mentor
Here is another young European sprinter from Belgian with great potential. There are so many good young Europeans now knocking on the door of the elite sprinters, it is exciting to see. Here is a little excerpt from the IAAF website:

Beyens is developing into a top European sprinter

Kristof Beyens old personal best of 20.80 dated back from 2002 when he was still a junior, showing his huge potential on the distance. Over the next years, the youngster from Herentals suffered a lot from injuries and resumed regular training only last summer.

Beyens combines sheer power with a fluid technique and that explains his big progress on the event. In Hengelo, earlier this summer he brought his PB down to 20.68 and now he has shaved another two tenths off that mark.

"I only expected to prove good form today, as I'm preparing for the European U23 Championships in Erfurt next week. It was my aim to achieve a medal in Erfurt and what happened today doesn't change that. Of course, this is a boost for confidence, but the opposition will be very tough in Germany."

white lightning

Hall of Famer
This is very exciting.His form is excellent and if he
can stay healthy,he just might be a factor in the next
few years.They love track over there so he will be a
guy kids look up to.Good luck to him.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Beyens_Kristof.jpg

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The great thing about this kid is he is only 22!His