Kosovo

guest301

Hall of Famer
You can blame that one on Bill Clinton. There was no terrorist problem there that we had to deal with. There's genocide going on all over the world and on the Bosnian and Serb side in that war, no reason for us to be there. I know there are a few here against the Iraqi war (not me) but at least a case can be made for it. I have a feeling very soon that our forces in Iraq will use that country as a base to take out the Iranian nuclear sites with what I am hearing right now British and even French assistance. I will believe that one(french) when I see it. We owe the Iranians one from the hostage crisis twenty -five years ago that we basically let them get away with. Now we have a excuse to hit them and hit them hard.

Matra1

Mentor
The "international community" appears set to force through independence for Kosovo against the wishes of the Serbian government. National sovereignty means nothing anymore. With all the recent talk about how Slobodan Milosevic was a war criminal I haven't heard anything in the major press outlets about how Kosovo's new leader is an Kosovar Albanian terrorist who has been accused of ethnic cleansing the Christian Serb population.

guest301

Hall of Famer
It only matters when the muslims are being "ethnically cleansed".Sadly, few care when it's happening to Christians.

Kaptain

Master
Its seems that every time the media portrays someone as a real evil dictator it turns out to not be true. I questioned why we were taking the muslims side in Kosovo in the 90's. And further, why people would mass migrate to a land where they were supposedly persecuted. It didn't make sense. Back then I had no internet connection and didn't have the time to find the answers out myself.
This is how I see it now in short: Milosevic was a leader trying to keep his country from being taken over in a hostile manner by a foreign immigrant population. (Sounds like it could happen to our country in a few years - or right now!).
These people were organized terrorists and connected to none other than Osama Bin Laden. And our country supported them. Why? What was our interest? And did we really believe that the muslims in the land were poor innocent victims? None of it seems logical. My bet is that Saudi money had something to do with it.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
It is difficult to conjecture without primary sources but some suggestions are: Clinton backed the muslims, who were supported by the Saudis, so that the Saudis would back Clinton, or whatever president was in power at the time, so that Clinton could use S. Arabia and Kuwait to attack Iraq.
...And the Islamic world is upset about cartoons are they? Well if cartoons are enough to justify rioting, what about the 100+ sacred churches and monasteries in Bosnia that have been destroyed by terrorists? And where is the media to report these crimes?