Kevin Love Snubbed for All-Star Team

warhawk46

Guru
Amazing....<div>
</div><div>The outstanding athlete Kevin Love gets snubbed from the all-star team. He wasn't even voted as a reserve! Tim Duncan, while an all-time great, is having a poor season and not deserving.</div><div>
</div><div>Love just had the first 30-30 game since Moses Malone in the early 80s. He is nearing the all-time record for consecutive double-doubles. His PER is 6th in the whole LEAGUE!!!</div><div>
</div><div>Absolute joke.</div><div>
</div>

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The biggest snub I've seen in a long, long time. What a joke. He is better than Dwight Howard yet they rarely talk about him. Kevin Love got screwed. This makes me very angry. Edited by: white lightning

white is right

Hall of Famer
The power forward position is very very deep in the Western Conference. Since coaches are forced to take the chosen candidate I don't know who you leave off of the team in that position, both Gasol and Dirk deserve to go too and so does Griffin. Stern has an out as he can choose the injury replacement for Ming. I hope it's Love.

JReb1

Mentor
Love is having a historical season with his PPG and RPG average. Love
is averaging close to 22 points plus 16 rebounds a game which is incredible since he's also doing it while shooting at such a high percentage, even from three!

If Love is indeed left of the All-Star team it will only
give us more ammunition to use against the Caste system.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Blake Griffin gets to shoot a significant amount because he has black ancestry.. Anyone remember Chris Kaman? This same Clippers' drafted him 6th overall, and he didn't get to shoot!!

His "big break" initially came when Elton Brand ruptured his achilles. That was documented on this website.

Steph Curry "gets to shoot" while Andris Biedrins DOESN'T.. I remember when Biedrins was injured (happens too often, unfortunately) and they were using Anthony Randolph more and Randolph was getting "fed the ball" and he had several big games...

Look at how the Memphis Grizzlies' FORCE-FEEDS Zach Randolph!! Marc Gasol has had some nice games recently, but he has definitely gotten the shaft this year.

IMO, Kevin Durant gets to the free-throw line an obnoxious amount, and it's NOT LEGIT at all! Greg Oden has been permanently-injured, so somebody from that draft had to be made "into a superstar." Durant would average less points, for certain, if he wasn't a "chosen" player. To me, he's not a dead-eye shooter from the field at this point, but he can certainly hit his FREE throws... I can make the case that Russell Westbrook is the glue to that team.

Look at what Redick had to go through while midgets like Allen Iverson got to shoot and shoot and shoot and shoot...... Damon Stoudamire was also underwhelming and was treated as if he was much better than he really was. Tiny Earl Boykins can get his "shot off" so what's the "rub" against White guards again? Defense? Many Whites have more length than these black midgets! Am I right? And, with all of the sloppy play in the NBA, there are STEALS to be had and White men can get them.. if they are on the court.

P.S. - Honestly, when Vince Carter and Tracy McGrady came into the league, they impressed me A LOT more than Blake Griffin. From my recollection, they were IMMEDIATELY blocking a very nice amount of shots. That caught my eye. Shawn Kemp and LeBron James were blocking shots also. Some examples of players' that were "more advanced" - and in some instances - younger.

When Griffin was at OU, I would always see his stats on the ESPN network (hard to miss if one was watching ESPN..), and I only recall a few occasions that he had 3 blocks or so. Cole Aldrich was the dominant defensive big man in the Big 12 at that time.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Deadlift said:
Blake Griffin gets to shoot a significant amount because he has black ancestry.. Anyone remember Chris Kaman? This same Clippers' drafted him 6th overall, and he didn't get to shoot!!

His "big break" initially came when Elton Brand ruptured his achilles. That was documented on this website.

Steph Curry "gets to shoot" while Andris Biedrins DOESN'T.. I remember when Biedrins was injured (happens too often, unfortunately) and they were using Anthony Randolph more and Randolph was getting "fed the ball" and he had several big games...

Look at how the Memphis Grizzlies' FORCE-FEEDS Zach Randolph!! Marc Gasol has had some nice games recently, but he has definitely gotten the shaft this year.

IMO, Kevin Durant gets to the free-throw line an obnoxious amount, and it's NOT LEGIT at all! Greg Oden has been permanently-injured, so somebody from that draft had to be made "into a superstar." Durant would average less points, for certain, if he wasn't a "chosen" player. To me, he's not a dead-eye shooter from the field at this point, but he can certainly hit his FREE throws... I can make the case that Russell Westbrook is the glue to that team.

Look at what Redick had to go through while midgets like Allen Iverson got to shoot and shoot and shoot and shoot...... Damon Stoudamire was also underwhelming and was treated as if he was much better than he really was. Tiny Earl Boykins can get his "shot off" so what's the "rub" against White guards again? Defense? Many Whites have more length than these black midgets! Am I right? And, with all of the sloppy play in the NBA, there are STEALS to be had and White men can get them.. if they are on the court.

P.S. - Honestly, when Vince Carter and Tracy McGrady came into the league, they impressed me A LOT more than Blake Griffin. From my recollection, they were IMMEDIATELY blocking a very nice amount of shots. That caught my eye. Shawn Kemp and LeBron James were blocking shots also. Some examples of players' that were "more advanced" - and in some instances - younger.

When Griffin was at OU, I would always see his stats on the ESPN network (hard to miss if one was watching ESPN..), and I only recall a few occasions that he had 3 blocks or so. Cole Aldrich was the dominant defensive big man in the Big 12 at that time.

Deadlift, don't forget David Lee's numbers have gone down significantly in Golden State because of Curry and Ellis. He's only averaging 15ppg when he should be averaging around 20.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
David Stern selected Kevin Love to replace Yao Ming a few minutes ago. I'm hoping he will start.

j41181

Master
white lightning said:
David Stern selected Kevin Love to replace Yao Ming a few minutes ago. I'm hoping he will start.
Wise choice!

Personally, it was either Steve Nash or Kevin Love, but I'll go with Love since it's important to usher in the future, and Love is the future for our white stalwarts. Congratulations, Love!
smiley32.gif
smiley20.gif
smiley4.gif
Edited by: j41181

Good for Kevin Love! He is having a great season. Shooting his 3's too. The win totals are keeping him
down but they are a young team. The Hawks struggled when they were young, then matured and have been winning a lot of games. Duncan made it because the team needs two centers. So Duncan and Gasol made it as centers. Lots of great players on the team, and some good ones were left off too.

Steve Nash didn't make it due to his team struggling. I don't think it is racism. If he was on the Thunder then Nash would have made it and Westbrook would have stayed home.
Did Manu make it? If so, good for him. Great player who got rewarded for winning a ton. Monta Ellis, who's team is losing despite his great stats, is staying home.

Deadlift, great rant! AI was widely overrated. J-Will was more electrifying and fun to watch, but he didn't get the amount of shots that Iverson did. About Gasol: great offensive talent. But so are Rudy Gay and Zach Randolph. All three are great for their positions and each are all-star caliber. Also, Mike Conley is a good shooter and deserves shots. Both Conley and Gasol are unselfish and just want to win. Gasol is a good passer, and one commented on the Grizzlies message board posted about how the Grizzlies' offense runs smoother when it goes through Gasol. He is a great complement to Randolph and doesn't clog things up in the paint. The problem was OJ Mayo who couldn't really create, is a streaky shooter and can't guard anyone. He disrupted the offense and couldn't coexist with Rudy Gay.

Speaking of J-Will, he just signed with Memphis and he should be a good addition. I hope they get rid of Rudy Gay. Greivous Vazquez, another caste-buster is having a very solid rookie year.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
white lightning said:

Even der jude zwerg knew that was far too blatant of a snub.

Never thought I'd see the day ... Charles Barkley ranting advocacy for Love, then Stern doing the righit thing.

GreatLakeState said:
Never thought I'd see the day ... Charles Barkley ranting advocacy for Love, then Stern doing the righit thing.

Talent won out as it should. Hey, if the NBA doesn't hype its white talent then the whole league might fold. lol
Well, Bird and Magic saved the league. Maybe when Fridette and Rubio get to the league they will be "awarded" 15 foul shots a game and get some awesome complementary players in lopsided trades.
We might also see a lot of Kevin Love, Ricky Rubio, and the T Wolves on TNT in a couple of years.

foobar75

Master
I didn't think the commish had it in him, and I'm glad to see he did the right thing by picking Love. The truth is, the West is stacked this year, particularly at the guard/forwards spots. Many deserving players have been left out, so the snub list is long. Aldridge, Nash, Parker, Ellis, Odom, Randolph, Scola, Martin, all of them would've been deserving choices, but there's only room for 12.

I'm just happy to see another White American make the team again, after David Lee in 2009. If Lee was still playing in the East, I think he would've made it for the second year in a row.

Ryan Anderson could be a future all-star if he becomes a starter and gets the minutes.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Yeah, that was sort of a surprise that "Chuck" championed Love. Usaully he sounds drunk, slurs his speech and gets away with racial jokes or remarks that only jumbo ex affelets get away with. I guess a bit of heaven froze over, at least temporarly.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Another good game for Love with 18 points and 19 rebounds! Love grabbed more boards than the other four starters on the team combined!