Kansas HS football

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Virtually all of the top rushers in Kansas are white kids, with great production and excellent measurables. See the list here.

This is why Kansas and Kansas State do the majority of their recruiting from other states. Most of the kids in-state are WHITE, and that, of course, means that they can't be any good. Gotta recruit those out-of-state affletes so that they have "high rated" recruiting classes.
smiley11.gif
Edited by: FootballDad

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I watched a bit of the Kansas championship games over the weekend, and will get a glimpse of replays as they air. The 6A game this year was a bit of a disappointment from a caste standpoint, as mostly-black Wichita Heights beat mostly-white Olathe North for the championship, steamrolling them 48-14. Now, it should be noted that Olathe North, although being mostly white, feature an all-black backfield, including a black quarterback who, predictably, melted down under the pressure of the big game. Wichita Heights does feature a running back by the name of Dreamius Smith for our amusement.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
The Kansas 5A Championship game was more to-form for high school football championship games than the 6A game. The Blue Valley Tigers throttled the Bishop Carroll (Wichita) Eagles 35-14. Both teams are pretty much completely white, with the exception, of course of the tailback position, where the starters for both are black. Not that it really matters for Blue Valley, as this team is a passing team, led by Junior QB Kyle Zimmerman, and with go-to receivers PJ DeBey and Jacob McDermott. For all intents and purposes, this game was not even the real championship game, as that happened the week before in the Blue Valley-Gardner Edgerson tilt. That was Bubba Starling's last game for the Blazers, and he almost hit 400 yards rushing. His "injury" in the 4th quarter was just cramps, but hey, I'd be cramping up, too, if I ran that much ina game! I'm sure that if a magical black quarterback achieved even close to that number, they would be carted off in an ambulance for full-body lockup!
Here is a quick 5-minute recap of that game, it's really something.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
In Kansas division 4A, it was just another "humdrum" matchup of pasty-white teams that are just too mean to let the black kids play. It must be, as often argued by DWF's, that these schools have "more money" and "better coaches" and "better facilities" and "better training". If the black kids had even a fraction of the amenities that these spoiled, rich, white kids have, they would clean up! And since they have been denied their "potential" in high school, we'll give them all D1 free-ride scholarships so that they can now realize their "unlimited upside". That's it in a nutshell, isn't it? Of course, once you get to4A or lower in Kansas football, any outstanding white player will be dismissed as "not playing against adequate competition", but if the player is black, that caveat is waived! Make no mistake, though, these teams are very, very good HS teams.

Now, off of my soapbox and into the game, The Louisburg Wildcats (a little 'burg' just below Kansas City) completed their undefeated season, beating the Holton Wildcats24-16. Here is a brief photo gallery of the game and celebration. The Louisburg defense was the difference in this game, allowing only 133 total yards after the first quarter, where they had gotten off to a slow start. Here is the newspaper story about the game, written by a small-town journalist who appreciates good HS football...

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
In Kansas 3A football, the Silver Lake Eagles (Topeka, KS area) bested the Conway Springs Cardinals (Wichita, KS area)27-21. This was the fifth time in the last ten years that these two schools have met for the 3A Championship, and the first time that Silver Lake had emerged victorious (although they have won the championship against other teams in other years). Needless to say, both of these teams are ghostly white. Here is a picture gallery of the game,and even better, take a look at this article and the embedded sideline-level game highlights. Silver Lake is wearing the white jerseys, Conway Springs the red.

Conway Springs is more of a traditional power running game team, having piled up 4,990 rushing yards in 13 games(!) vs only 700 yards passing. In this game, Silver Lake held Conway Springs to only 178 yards on the ground in an extremely well-played game. Much better viewing than your typical NFL blackfest. Conway Springs RB Brian Doffing piled up 1,782 yards rushing this season on just 186 attempts. The good news is that he's only a junior and will be back next year. He's got good size, 5'11", 185# and looks good on film. I'd like to see his 40 and ss times.

Of course, like I noted above in my 4A comments, lower-tier schools are dismissed as low-level competition, which I think is bogus. A great player is a great player, whether they play for Class 6A Wichita Heights or Class 2A Meade. So, if LaDanian Tomlinson had played for Class 2A Bushland, TX he would not have been any good? That is essentially the argument that is made when dismissing lower-level school talent.