Joey Abell

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Joey "Minnesota Ice" Abell (15-1, age 26) is one of the best young heavyweights. This 6'5'' American boxer will be fighting on Sep 7 at the Blue Horizon in Philadelphia.

.Edited by: JD1986

nopictures

Guru
definitely looking forward to this one, hopefully his buddies get the video on youtube like his last ones
smiley32.gif

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Joey Abell's opponent will be Levon Warner, age 37 (6-4-2). Several people turned down the offer to fight Abell, so they had to go with Warner.

nopictures

Guru
This might not be a real test for him then, but I'm looking forward to it regardless.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
nopictures said:
definitely looking forward to this one, hopefully his buddies get the video on youtube like his last ones
smiley32.gif

There's a couple more of his fights on google videos, too. He's a very exciting heavyweight to watch. I think he may become a contender from what I've seen - he has an excellent work rate for a big guy, and his punches are hard and accurate.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
It took Joey Abell only 57 seconds into the first round to KO his opponent and improve his record to 16-1.
smiley32.gif

Abell will return to the ring this coming Saturday, Sep 15. He'll be going to Sweden to face a Russian boxer, on the same card as Ray Mercer. Old Mercer may disappoint the Swedish fans, but Joey will give them their money's worth!Edited by: JD1986

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Adam Richards (19-1) is another white heavyweight on the rise. He beat Cuban journeyman Rafael Pedro last night on ESPN.

G

Abell will return to the ring this coming Saturday, Sep 15. He'll be going to Sweden to face a Russian boxer,

He's fighting someone named Daniel Peret.

ww

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
werewolf said:
He's fighting someone named Daniel Peret.ww

Daniel Peret is also known as Daniel Peretyatko. He's a 34 year old Russian boxer with a record of 8-8, and will fight again on Sep 29 against Richel Hersisia (29-2). Hersisia, a black boxer from the Caribbean who lives in Holland, lost his last fight to the skillful Ukrainian Taras Bidenko.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Liverlips said:
Adam Richards (19-1) is another white heavyweight on the rise. He beat Cuban journeyman Rafael Pedro last night on ESPN.

I just saw the rebroadcast of that fight on Thursday. The much smaller white American Richards completely outclassed the 6'7'' black Cuban.

There's lots of good up-and-coming white heavyweights these days!
smiley1.gif

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Joey Abell won again today, stopping Daniil Peretyatko with second round TKO.

He's fought EIGHT times already in 2007, at a time when most heavyweights seem content to sit on their hands for many months. There's a connection between frequent activity and success - very active boxers stay sharp and improve, while inactive fighters usually decline.

referendum

Mentor
Also, it doesn't seem as if he's fought very high quality opponents yet. Hopefully he'll start that trend soon.

JD074

Master
That's two wins in two weeks! Good job, Joey!

JD1986 said:
Joey Abell won again today, stopping Daniil Peretyatko with second round TKO.

He's fought EIGHT times already in 2007, at a time when most heavyweights seem content to sit on their hands for many months. There's a connection between frequent activity and success - very active boxers stay sharp and improve, while inactive fighters usually decline.

And also because his fights don't last long! In his last seven fights, none of them have gone past three rounds. And in his last five fights, none have gone past two! He needs all the rounds he can get!

nopictures

Guru
Kick ass. I hope to hear more and more from you guys about Abell. I just wish more Minnesotans were watching this guy than la raza tool Roger Huerta

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Joey Abell (now 17-1) will face young Nigerian Teke Oruh (14-0) on Nov 16, televised by Showtime (on ShoBox, which feature up and coming fighters). Chris Arreola was originally supposed to face Oruh, but he pulled out, reportedly because his best friend was shot dead.

This is a great opportunity for Abell to have an impressive win on national TV and become better known to the American public.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
JD074 said:
And also because his fights don't last long! In his last seven fights, none of them have gone past three rounds. And in his last five fights, none have gone past two! He needs all the rounds he can get!
An important part of fighting frequently is not only the relatively short time in the ring in the actual fight, but the necessity of staying in top shape for each fight.

Boxers spend hundreds of hours sparring and exercising in preparation for each fight. When a fighter has nothing scheduled, it can be more difficult to motivate oneself stay in perfect shape and easy to become distracted by other things. Fighting frequently means you have to spend more time in a year preparing for fights.

nopictures

Guru
looking forward to good news on his end, we need more american white boys to help finish what the russians started, and make boxing something that resembles the gentleman's sport it once was. hopefully if Joe can make it up there far enough he'll inspire more great "white american" hopes to challenge our russian rivals.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
nopictures said:
looking forward to good news on his end, we need more american white boys to help finish what the russians started, and make boxing something that resembles the gentleman's sport it once was. hopefully if Joe can make it up there far enough he'll inspire more great "white american" hopes to challenge our russian rivals.

It's great that there will be a white American boxer on national TV next friday - I'm hoping Abell KOs his African opponent! I believe Joey is the kind of fighter who could capture the imagination of the American public, and help restore the popularity lost because of fools like Tyson.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Anybody going to watch white American heavyweight Joey Abell this Friday on Shobox (Showtime)? His opponent will be undefeated African Teke Oruh (14-0).

Abell is a power-punching KO artist with an aggressive, crowd-pleasing style. He reminds me of a younger, slightly faster version of Vladimir Virchis.