Joe Mesi May Return

Gary

Mentor
Joe Mesi may soon return to boxing. Fightnews.com has reported. Mesi and his manager Jack Mesi may soon head for warm weather and return to training. Joe was unbeaten and beat guys like Williamson and Barrett. It would be good to see Joe back in the ring again. I hope he is healthy and fighting fit. Couple of wins and he is in the Top Ten again.

Spooge

Guru
Training is the oporative word. If I remember correctly Joe ran
out of gas in the latter rounds of some of his fights. I do hope
he returns.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I read another article that said he is 100% making a comeback.He thinks it will take about a year or so to get back to a championship caliber fighter.Good luck to him.

While I back white fighters, I never thought Mesi "had it". He did run out
of gas, and he was knocked loopy several times where I thought he was
lucky to have been able to hang on and win. I really do hope that if he
comes back he is not seriously hurt.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I don't know how good Joe Mesi really is, but I think crappy white fighters are worse than having no white fighters at all. If Mesi comes back, I hope he kicks major ass.

Bart

Hall of Famer
[url]http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2/headlines//EEuFAVpFuylC XEzarw.html[/url]

Saturday, April 1 2006

By Miguel Planas at ringside

Comebacking heavyweight "Baby" Joe Mesi (30-0, 25 KOs) looked a little rusty, but dominated every round against game Ron Bellamy (14-5) on Saturday night at the Coliseo Mario Morales in Guaynabo, Puerto Rico. Scores were 80-72 on all cards. It was Mesi's first fight in over two years.

white is right

Hall of Famer
ocaamikedm11 said:
Mesi won tonight with a first round knockout on the VS fight night
He actually looked good tonight was elusive and had very good hand speed. There still are question marks about his chin though. Also Linberger is a long way from a contender level or championship level opponent.

Bunnyman

Guru
Always good to add another white American fighter to the mix. At heavyweight we now have:

Fields
Minto
Mesi
Marrone
Chapman

Plus, a few other guys like Travis Kauffman who are just getting started.

Alpha Male

Mentor
Mesi is explosive. He has good footwork and long arms for his body. He was the number one contender and dominated a tough Jirov(another fav of mine) before he was rabbit punched in the back of the head. For those of you who don't know, it's an illegal punch that the ref should have called.

Here are some knock out clips of the Italian Stallion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUzil_88ZVwEdited by: Alpha Male