Jesse Lumsden signs

white is right

Hall of Famer
The CFL hasn't had run dominating offenses since the 70's. Aside from Baltimore/Montreal I don't recall a team really featuring a back like a NFL team would. So for Lumsden to start the other tailback will get the occasional handoff only. If Ranek or Holmes is traded Toronto may trade for either as they are down to the scraps at running back....
smiley36.gif
Edited by: white is right

Kaptain

Master
Is Negro considered a racial slur? I realize it's no longer PC, but is it a slur? What then do we do with those racists who run the NEGRO college fund or even the NEGRO baseball league? Edited by: Kaptain Poop

Kaptain

Master
Kaptain Poop said:
Is Negro considered a racial slur? I realize it's no longer PC, but is it a slur? What then do we do with those racists who run the NEGRO college fund or even the NEGRO baseball league?

Backsies. I understand there was an edit job done on the word in question.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Kap, it wasn't NEGRO there, rest assured...
i think we do a good job educating and informing people of what's going on in NFL and have no need for such tactics as name calling etc.

that's just my point of view

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
The problem I see with statements like that is differentiation, not PC-ness. First time visitors to the site won't know what you mean when you say that, even though we might. I learned a while back that it is for the best that we keep it clean here. The site is growing really well and we don't need to slow it down. The more awareness of the Caste System there is, the better. We can make people very aware of it without name calling, IMHO.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
We need more white people to see the reality of the caste system, not less, and using racial epithets will turn people off, regardless of how well reasoned, thought out, and logical your argument.

Refraining from the use of racial slurs has nothing to do with being PC. Name calling is juvenile and only serves to lower the more reasoned person's opinion of you and your point of view, not enhance it.

When there is so much evidence available to prove and justify the point of view of this site, who needs name calling?

Edited by: White Shogun

G

White Shogun said:
We need more white people to see the reality of the caste system, not less, and using racial epithets will turn people off, regardless of how well reasoned, thought out, and logical your argument.

Refraining from the use of racial slurs has nothing to do with being PC. Name calling is juvenile and only serves to lower the more reasoned person's opinion of you and your point of view, not enhance it.

When there is so much evidence available to prove and justify the point of view of this site, who needs name calling?

I've been harping on this every few months when i come in here and basically agree with 50% of what you guys have to say about the game on the field, but cringe at the ubiquitous racial epithets and thinly-veiled references to Z0G.

The only crime commited by any Black Footballer is being ornery, ego-driven & talented. You could make a case that a good percentage of the middling talents and lower-quality roster-fodder are riding on the mythos of their race's athleticism. You could maybe...MAYBE...even make a case for guys going out of their way to put the hurt on certain unliked players in training camp, scrimmages and at gametime, and that some of these targets are racially profiled, at least partially (David Kircus or Bill Schroeder for example.)

Then it all goes down the tubes when some troglodyte rails on about the 'N1GS & the JEWCUBE.

You guys should seriously think about editing your back-catalogue and redacting all that sh*t. Or just kill everything past a year old or even less.

Lumsden was robbed. As if he's no better than friggin' Rock Cartwright. We all know it up here in Canada. You got some brutally narrow-minded plantation-owners running your sports programs down there.

I ♥ having to come up with clever ways to foil your net-nanny taboo cypher, by the way.Edited by: JerveyGotGypped

backrow

Hall of Famer
Travis you're just bitter that your career didn't go the way you wanted it to go...

JD074

Master
JerveyGotGypped said:
I've been harping on this every few months when i come in here and basically agree with 50% of what you guys have to say about the game on the field, but cringe at the ubiquitous racial epithets and thinly-veiled references to Z0G.

It is true that racial epithets aren't valid in any strategic sense, but you don't care about that. Unlike Shogun, you're just thin-skinned. Liberals and moderates have to stop being such Boy Scouts. Nobody has the right to not be offended.

Besides, some day the things that we say will be mainstream... if we're still around by then, of course.

The only crime commited by any Black Footballer is being ornery, ego-driven & talented.

And sometimes, actual crimes.

You got some brutally narrow-minded plantation-owners running your sports programs down there.

True.

I ¢¾ having to come up with clever ways to foil your net-nanny taboo cypher, by the way.

Speaking of net nannies....Edited by: JD074

lumsdenpower

Mentor
Jessee Lumsden will be the starter friday for Hamilton!At least, canadian organisation saw the real talent and not the colour
smiley32.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
that's great news, but what about their other RB, Corey Holmes? they just re-signed him to a 3-year deal.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
JerveyGotGypped said:

Yeah and every few months is too much. It doesn't matter how you put it or what words we use, any - ANY -criticizm of blacks by whites, any mention of whites as a racial group with self-interest, any hint that there exists anti-white predjudice in sports, makes the speaker a confirmed, unrepentable, KKK loving, NAZI worshipping, dyed in the wool RACIST.

Jerv there are no shades of grey among people about this, there is no "moderate" caste football position, there is no "scholarly" point of view. If you are on this site, and that includes you Jerv, you are a racist.

If we completely cleaned up every single post on this forum, if we changed every reference to black people to African American, it would make absolutly no difference at all. People are afraid to visit this site lest they be thought racist. A simple mention of some small issue from this site is completely TABOO.

Let this be a place to vent (within reason) and leave the stuffy PC oversensitive crybabies to wallow in their ignorance elsewhere.

JD074

Master
Exactly! It doesn't matter how carefully we consider our words, we're still "racists" no matter what.

jaxvid said:
Let this be a place to vent (within reason) and leave the stuffy PC oversensitive crybabies to wallow in their ignorance elsewhere.

smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
And furthermore who the hell wants to appeal to someone that doesn't have the balls to put up with the frank, open, and sometimes insulting conversation on this forum?

Why try to "tone it down" to attract more people? It's those weak-assed sissies that have allowed the caste system to happen in the first place. Why pander to them even more?

If a guy can't handle what we are trying to say and the way we are saying it then he just ain't our kind of guy anyway.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 12:23AM

Jason Maas made a triumphant return to Edmonton on Friday night, guiding the Tiger-Cats to a 20-18 win over the Eskimos at Commonwealth Stadium. Maas finished the game with 388 passing yards, 22 rushing yards, and one passing touchdown while Kamau Peterson led the 'Cats receivers with seven receptions for 102 yards.

Jesse Lumsden, making his first CFL appearance, ended with 14 carries for 47 rushing yards and three receptions for 39 receiving yards.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Good for Jessie! I hope he breaks all kinds of records there.

speedster

Mentor
On Jessie's 35 yard run off a screen pass the local radio play-by- play guy,Tim Micalef,said Lumsden "rumbled" down the field.Need I say more.

Hockaday

Guru
speedster said:
On Jessie's 35 yard run off a screen pass the local radio play-by- play guy,Tim Micalef,said Lumsden "rumbled" down the field.Need I say more.

Exactly. I was watching the Auburn I forget the other team game and a white DB made a nice interception of a tipped pass. He juked one guy as he turned upfield, then showed good speed as he broke another tackle for more yards. It was a nifty fifteen yard return in a crowd.

So what does the idiot stick play by play guy call the interception return? "A rumblin' and a stumblin'." Linemen "rumble and stumble" with interception returns. Not defensive backs.

I guess the announcer didn't have time to praise the throwback player for overachieving so well on that play. Edited by: Hockaday

JD074

Master
jaxvid said:
And furthermore who the hell wants to appeal to someone that doesn't have the balls to put up with the frank, open, and sometimes insulting conversation on this forum?

Why try to "tone it down" to attract more people? It's those weak-assed sissies that have allowed the caste system to happen in the first place. Why pander to them even more?

If a guy can't handle what we are trying to say and the way we are saying it then he just ain't our kind of guy anyway.

Yeah, it's time for them to adjust to us for a change. We should be trying to literally change the culture of Western Civilization so that what we say becomes acceptable again... like it used to be. Being articulate is good, taking it one step at a time is good, but people are angry and that's going to boil over from time to time. Some things are still off limits, like saying n*gger and waving a Nazi flag (just too inflammatory,) but there's a lot of room to vent nonetheless. This discussion board has found a really nice balance in my opinion, which makes those who are offended seem even more thin-skinned. Edited by: JD074

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
some recent excerpts from the sports news on Jesse's play in the CFL for the worst team in the league...

Cat tailback Jesse Lumsden had three good bursts to finish with a respectable 73 yards on 13 carries. But too often, the Cat offensive line failed to open a crease...
-----------------------------------------------
Jesse Lumsden had a good game. But that's kind of like saying you drive a piece of junk that has a good stereo.