Jason Litzau

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Most of the American white kids are going into MMA anyway.

Case in point, white Americans Josh Barnett and Chad Griggs each submitted black opponents tonight in MMA.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
There is a thread with some good young white American boxers. I certainly wish them all the best.

BoxingFanUK

I like Litzau and I was rooting for him. This was not a quick stoppage at all. Litzau got knocked out, plain and simple. Fair and square,

My only regret, as a fan and supporter of white boxers, is that I believe Litzau should have effectively cashed himself out.

I doubt he made much more than 100,000$ USD tonight. After the Caballero result, he had potential to be making maybe 500,000$ by fighting a guy like Donaire.

Litzau's handlers should have cashed him out that would have been best for Jason.

The big loss tonight, is not only did Jason get knocked out. But he lost his potential for future earnings. He lost a lot of money tonight.

Edited by: BoxingFanUK

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
werewolf said:
There are virtually no boxing training programs for white kids in the USA.

Yes. I saw evidence of poor training in Litzau tonight.

He never counter punched even once when Broner went after him on the ropes, nor did he try to hold and give himself a chance to clear his head. Litzau is missing some boxing fundamentals that should be taught at an early age.

Liverlips said:
Most of the American white kids are going into MMA anyway.

Case in point, white Americans Josh Barnett and Chad Griggs each submitted black opponents tonight in MMA.

Yes, and that goes back to werewolf's poing about training. White Americans do better at MMA than boxing because they have opportunities to learn wrestling in school and martial arts in numerous clubs.

BoxingFanUK

lost said:
Right, I never really watch white Amercian fighters or for that matter white western Europeans. They've just let white fans down for too long.
<div></div>

To an extent I would agree, however Joe Calzaghe is undeniably the best Super Middleweight of alltime, an alltime great, and certainly one of the best white boxers of alltime (or any race of boxers for that matter). And of course he was a Western European fighter (mix of Welsh &amp; Italian, based in Wales).

Carl Froch, David Price are also big examples of contemporary successful Western Euro fighters.

Kelly Pavlik, though his career is regressed at the moment. Back in 2007 he had quite a run (W KO Edison Miranda, W KO Jermain Taylor), probably one of the best by a white fighter in a while.

So for the most part I would agree with your statement, but there's always exceptions!

white is right

Hall of Famer
I'm not sure counter punching would have worked he was probably too stunned to do effective counters. He needed smother Broner and buy time to clear his head. Litzau has lost three times by ko and all the same way he gets countered by big shots that he doesn't see and he falls apart the way many skinny fighters do when they are caught. I'm not sure what can be done about this beyond Litzau having maybe a higher guard. I don't care who the fighter is you will be tagged by an opponent at some point in your career and have to deal with being stunned. It's back to the drawing boards for team Litzau.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Jason is done. Somewhere along the way he was never taught or learned survival tactics when getting tagged. It was sort of an embarrassment. Jason should have kept his distance and started to sit down on his punches after rd 5.

This fight is almost the exact fight of Tommy Morrison getting bombed out by Mercer in 1992. Almost exactly. Oh well, like I have said before, can't win them all. That Bonner guy stepped up his game, compared to his labored lost against the mexican. But as always, affelets are giving the decision if it is close.

Jason, man, never learned to survive.

The Hock

Master
I wasn't impressed with Litzau's win over Caballero. He looked careless and sloppy much of the time, not a good thing with Jason's so-so chin. So a fight like this boner against Brohner was going to happen sooner or later, and it happened sooner.

Some newer poster here tried to call Litzau a hypejob. Wrong. Only minority fighters get hyped nowadays. White fighters are tolerated. Allowed sometimes to fight main events because they worked their way to that level. But they're never "hyped". Edited by: The Hock

BoxingFanUK

The Hock said:
I wasn't impressed with Litzau's win over Caballero. He looked careless and sloppy much of the time, not a good thing with Jason's so-so chin. So a fight like this boner against Brohner was going to happen sooner or later, and it happened sooner.

Some newer poster here tried to call Litzau a hypejob. Wrong. Only minority fighters get hyped nowadays. White fighters are tolerated. Allowed sometimes to fight main events because they worked their way to that level. But they're never "hyped".

When I say that Litzau was a hypejob, what I meant by that is that he was being overrated by us here on this forum. I also felt there were a good 20 white boxers who were better than Litzau, so I found it illogical to focus so much attention on Litzau.

Litzau does not advance the cause of white boxers, or the achievement of white boxers. That is the point I have been trying to get across for a while on this site. I hate to say it like this: But Litzau is not very talented. He's a great guy, and Im happy he beat Caballero. But lets not kid ourselves. Litzau has been KO'd in the past and I wasnt at all surprised by his loss last night. Last night proved that point!

Europeans are easily the most dominant people in boxing right now,

So instead of Jason Litzau, we should focus on white boxers who do advance white boxing achievement, such as:

Wlad Klitschko
Vitali Klitschko
Robert Helenius
Denis Boytsov
Kubrat Pulev
Vyacheslav Glazkov
Marco Huck
Rakhim Chakhkiev
Mateusz Masterniak
Nathan Cleverly
Carl Froch
Lucian Bute
George Groves
Arthur Abraham (somewhat)
Sergio Martinez
Gennady Golovkin
Dmitry Pirog
Felix Sturm
Saul Alvarez
Jan Zaveck
Billy Joe Saunders
Viacheslav Senchenko
Paul McCloskey
Lenny Zappavigna

So, my whole point is that Litzau was being overhyped on this forum (relative to other white boxers), and unfortunately that set him up for a bad loss. It would have been better to focus more attention on the above boxers, because they are better than Litzau.

There are many white boxers more deserving of attention than Litzau. Litzau is not very talented, there are many better white boxers. And last night's result was always bound to happen to Litzau.

Hopefully that clears up my comments!

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Parody said:
werewolf said:
There are virtually no boxing training programs for white kids in the USA.

Yes. I saw evidence of poor training in Litzau tonight.

He never counter punched even once when Broner went after him on the ropes, nor did he try to hold and give himself a chance to clear his head. Litzau is missing some boxing fundamentals that should be taught at an early age.

I don't think that Litzau would have had a chance to do anything after the Negro caught him with that first right no matter how well trained he was.

The Hock

Master
Litzau said for about five years he mostly partied between fights, but now he's dedicated. Problem is he'll never get those five years back, when he could have been honing his skills. You get what you pay for, and Jason didn't pay his dues, so he what he got was knocked out.

I'm not crushed over it though. I never considered him as representing White Boxing. He's just a white fighter I follow and root for.

The Hock said:
Litzau said for about five years he mostly partied between fights, but now he's dedicated. Problem is he'll never get those five years back, when he could have been honing his skills. You get what you pay for, and Jason didn't pay his dues, so he what he got was knocked out.

I'm not crushed over it though. I never considered him as representing White Boxing. He's just a white fighter I follow and root for.
The days of white western fighters using their color to break the bank at the expense of their fans while they party is over.
The white American heavyweight contenders have become extinct because white people don't need them now. We have the Eastern fighters.
Fighters like Tommy Morrison with his dyed blond hair robbing his fans while he ran after "poo" and dope is in the past, and I say "Good Riddance!"

Westside

Hall of Famer
WA 33, I believe Tommy never took a dive against anyone. He got blasted out, becuase he never rolled with punches nor mastered the art of survival, much like Jason failed to do.

His two biggest tests he failed. Against Mercer, he got caught and did not know how to survive. Against Lewis, that day, Lewis was at his peak. Lewis obviously was the better fighter.

IMO, I say lets try to stay away from conspiracy theories when our fighters fail to live up to expectations, platau out or just lose. We can't win them all, but there is an obvious White resurgence in the weights at/ above 154 lbs. The two biggest stars emerging are Sergio Martinez, Bute and Frochy. Its great to be a boxing fan and especially a White boxing fan today. Next month is huge with Wlad finally putting a fist into gaye's running mouth.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I think Gavern is White and Rossy is probably a White PR fighter. But I wouldn't qualify either as true contenders.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Crossed posts. You beat me to it, WIR. I dunno about calling Rossy white, though. Maybe. What kind of name is Rossy anyway?

Edited by: werewolf

white is right

Hall of Famer
Rossy I am assuming is Spanish/Latin. Paulo Rossi the famous soccer player is Italian. Edited by: white is right

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Rossy isn't a Spanish name.

"Paulo Rossi the famous soccer player is Italian. "

I was thinking that Rossy might possibly be of southern Italian descent, at least partially.
</span>

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
white is right said:
I think Gavern is White and Rossy is probably a White PR fighter. But I wouldn't qualify either as true contenders.
Gavern is white, Rossy is not.

Dereck Rossy has an Italian father and a Puerto Rican mother. Although he has a white father, I don't consider him white. David Haye has a white mother and Andre Ward had a white father, yet I don't consider them white either.

Rossy is a mediocre heavyweight. He's lost his past two fights to Eddie Chambers and Kubrat Pulev, and two before that to Chambers and to Alexander Dimitrenko.

whiteathlete33 said:
Lost, do you suppose Morrison may have taken a dive against some of the negro opponents he faced?
Wa33, I don't want to post hearsay, but I have a friend who is a trainer and had worked with Morrison a few times, and what I've got from him was Morrison never took a dive but was double crossed once..... Edited by: lost