Is there a reason for the white dominance at 160?

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
iamasadlittleboy said:
Top 10 MiddleweightsGenuinely shocked that not one of my top 10 is an American or "black". Amazing considering the divisions most memorable fighters include Hagler, Robinson, Hopkins, Dick Tiger 

N'Jikam is a full-blooded African negro. I'm not sure if he really belongs in the top ten though.

>_< Yeah forgot I put him in there tbh (though not an African American)
Shows how weak the division is though...

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
iamasadlittleboy said:
>_< Yeah forgot I put him in there tbh (though not an African American)Shows how weak the division is though...

Middleweight is not a "weak" division.

Max Kellerman and his tribe will always say a division is "weak" if the top fighters are white.

Middleweight is loaded with talent: Lemieux, Martinez, Dzinziruk, Golovkin, Pirog, Macklin, Sturm, Pavlik, Sylvester, etc.

iamasadlittleboy said:
Top 10 Middleweights

Genuinely shocked that not one of my top 10 is an American or "black". Amazing considering the divisions most memorable fighters include Hagler, Robinson, Hopkins, Dick Tiger
Only Because the best negro middleweights are in the NBA and NFL!
smiley2.gif

Westside

Hall of Famer
Yeah lost, all riding the pine as small point guards, dreaming of fistic grandeur.
smiley36.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I'd say Pirog and Martinez are the two best fighters in the division. I wouldn't give that honor to Sturm or Sylvester.

Parody said:
iamasadlittleboy said:
>_< Yeah forgot I put him in there tbh (though not an African American)Shows how weak the division is though...

Middleweight is not a "weak" division.

Max Kellerman and his tribe will always say a division is "weak" if the top fighters are white.

Middleweight is loaded with talent: Lemieux, Martinez, Dzinziruk, Golovkin, Pirog, Macklin, Sturm, Pavlik, Sylvester, etc.

Lemieux is good but unproven
Martinez and Pirog are the divisions best fighters
Macklin is very very average and this is coming from a Brit, he got a gift against Varon.
Rozor is a Light Middle dipping his toes, he'll only have one fight here
Pavlik will never fight in the division again
Golovkin needs to step up
Sylvester and Sturm aren't upto much. I've not taken any notice of Kellerman but just what I've seen.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Martinez is similar to a prime Roy Jones Jr. He has outstanding athleticism and more fundamentals than Roy. He is the best, and I see him reigning for two years or so.

j41181

Master
Westside said:
Martinez is similar to a prime Roy Jones Jr. He has outstanding athleticism and more fundamentals than Roy. He is the best, and I see him reigning for two years or so.
100% agree, solid chin, and not a bleeder. Age is the knock on this dude, but, if Hopkins can do it, so can Martinez.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
iamasadlittleboy said:
Golovkin needs to step up.

Gennady Golovkin is the most talented of them all, but has had promotional problems with Peter "The German Don King" Kohl and his company Universum.

He had a brilliant amateur record, with a win over Andre Dirrell in the 2004 Olympics and a KO win in the 2003 world amateurs over Lucian Bute.

Parody said:
iamasadlittleboy said:
Golovkin needs to step up.

Gennady Golovkin is the most talented of them all, but has had promotional problems with Peter "The German Don King" Kohl and his company Universum.

He had a brilliant amateur record, with a win over Andre Dirrell in the 2004 Olympics and a KO win in the 2003 world amateurs over Lucian Bute.

He may well be the most talented but until he starts fighting the best you really can't say much good about him. Universum is an excuse not a reason. Why was he fighting the likes of Tapia and Nunez? It's not like they were going to make the promoter much money or make their fighter well known.

JReb1

Mentor
lost said:
iamasadlittleboy said:
Top 10 Middleweights

Genuinely shocked that not one of my top 10 is an American or "black". Amazing considering the divisions most memorable fighters include Hagler, Robinson, Hopkins, Dick Tiger
smiley2.gif

smiley36.gif

That racist, extremely lame, and totally false excuse/copout/theory doesn't hold any water at LHW and below since nobody that small will ever play or even dream of playing in the NBA or NFL. There are a few exceptions of course but it's extremely rare to see a player that small in either league.

Maybe the reason for so much success in boxing for Whites is the fall of the USSR and the talented White fighters from there finally being allowed to fight professionally after all. Not that I expect any DWF or MSM "expert" to ever admit that boxing is filled with more talent now than ever thanks to the fall of communism in Eastern Europe. Lots of talented White athletes are also lost to the NBA from the former Soviet Union but that doesn't mean they would've been great boxers anymore than that the Klits would automatically be great NBA or NFL players if they wanted too...

JReb1 said:
lost said:
iamasadlittleboy said:
Top 10 Middleweights

smiley2.gif

smiley36.gif

That racist, extremely lame, and totally false excuse/copout/theory doesn't hold any water at LHW and below since nobody that small will ever play or even dream of playing in the NBA or NFL. There are a few exceptions of course but it's extremely rare to see a player that small in either league.

Maybe the reason for so much success in boxing for Whites is the fall of the USSR and the talented White fighters from there finally being allowed to fight professionally after all. Not that I expect any DWF or MSM "expert" to ever admit that boxing is filled with more talent now than ever thanks to the fall of communism in Eastern Europe. Lots of talented White athletes are also lost to the NBA from the former Soviet Union but that doesn't mean they would've been great boxers anymore than that the Klits would automatically be great NBA or NFL players if they wanted too...
Boxing really got hit with the "Perfect Storm" after the fall of the USSR,
as far as the media's anti-white propaganda goes, and it threaten's to destorynot only their anti-white branwashing of today but over the past fifty years as well.
The eastern europeans wrestled boxing away from the "black super fighters"so fast it really
left the mediawith no exuses...

Edited by: lost

Franco

Unlike the 70's Heavyweights, who are smaller in size, although skill factor to present day heavyweights is very debatable, 80's middleweights would give guys like Ottke, Martinez, Bute, Calzaghe, Pavlik, etc.. a run on their money (or dominate them).

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm happy whites are dominating the middleweight, super middleweight divisions, but skill-wise, they're far from the best in division history.

I personally think, past middleweights (white or black) are still better than today's middleweights.
Edited by: Franco

snow

Mentor
No one from the 80's would come close to dominating Calzaghe
Edited by: snow

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
lost said:
whiteathlete33 said:
snow said:
No one from the 80's would come close to dominating Calzaghe

If Calzaghe only had more power I would rank him as a top five fighter of all time, regardless of division.
It's the power of anti-white propaganda,

It sure is. Calzaghe could have knocked good ole Bernard Popkins out if he had more power. He was landing at will against the so called "superior" athlete. Either way he got robbed on one of the scorecards by the racist black judge. Blacks shouldn't be allowed to be judges in boxing because they always screw the white fighter. Always.

Westside

Hall of Famer
If Bute wins his next couple of fights including the Super Six winner, then I will start to consider him an all time great will additional wins, of course. When Bute is on his game, Hagler would have looked like a 'club fighter' if they fought.

Yeah, Super Joe regardless of power, is still an all time great. He played will a still viable Roy Jones and beat a formidable clown face Bopkins. Joe was unreal.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Westside said:
If Bute wins his next couple of fights including the Super Six winner, then I will start to consider him an all time great will additional wins, of course. When Bute is on his game, Hagler would have looked like a 'club fighter' if they fought.

Yeah, Super Joe regardless of power, is still an all time great. He played will a still viable Roy Jones and beat a formidable clown face Bopkins. Joe was unreal. [/QUOT

Bute just might be the best in the division.

JReb1

Mentor
Bute is the only fighter (MW-LHW) right now that could beat Calzaghe IMO, maybe not a prime Joe (who was an ATG) but the one who last fought and if he were still active. Calzaghe has underrated power because of his brittle hands. If Joe were to sit on his punches like he did in his 20's he'd break his hands. I think Joe throwing from such odd angles and hard "slap" like punches over many years is what did his hands in.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
JReb1 said:
Bute is the only fighter (MW-LHW) right now that could beat Calzaghe IMO, maybe not a prime Joe (who was an ATG) but the one who last fought and if he were still active. Calzaghe has underrated power because of his brittle hands. If Joe were to sit on his punches like he did in his 20's he'd break his hands. I think Joe throwing from such odd angles and hard "slap" like punches over many years is what did his hands in.

Joe was so good that sometimes he did get over confident in the ring. He was knocked down in the first round by Hopkins and Roy Jones. I believe it was Byron Mitchell that also put him on the canvas in the second round of a title fight. Cazlaghe then finished him in the second round. He would get too excited early in fights and get a little reckless. Once he felt his opponent out after a few rounds he was unstoppable. His hand speed was too much.

I'm glad that Chad Dawson lost. Some of the DWF's and media were getting on Joe for retiring and not facing Dawson. At least Dawson's loss has quieted the bumbling idiots a bit.

Also, I remember the hype when Joe fought Jeff Lacy. All the DWF's and media were saying that Lacy would destroy Calzaghe. Joe absolutely played with Lacy and it was one of the greatest displays of pure boxing I have ever seen. There really was nothing left for him to prove and I'm glad he retired.
Edited by: whiteathlete33

Westside

Hall of Famer
Joe vs Lacy was a defining moment for Joe and pretty much established White dominance in the Super Middle Weight ranks with Joe leading the way. All or Most of the Boxing experts believed that Lacy would steam roll Joe after the first two rounds.

I remember the stare down during the weigh in. Lacy looked so much bigger. But Joe had the confidence and body language that he was going to kick ass the next night. Lacy appeared bewildered at Joe's confidence.

As WA 33 stated, Joe ruined Lacy in their fight. He was never the same. I pretty much feel the same of what Sergio Martinez did to P Williams, which was in one round instead of over 12 rounds.