internation rugby stars to make NFL more white?

f3dor

Guru
I think this dudes white, greg inglis, is being scouted, so perhaps one of you could research that for me. But either way 90 percent of rugby players are white, with the other 10 percent being polynesian. So eitherway, if this starts the trend of rugby players from australian, south africa, england, france etc, you will def see more white players drafted. Which could help the Cste system for US whites. Just a thought, as i know very little about NFL.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/fourway-tug-of-war-for-inglis-20100515-v5er.html

Greg Inglis has four different sports chasing his signature with his future at the Melbourne Storm in considerable doubt. We've told you about Essendon's interest - their chief executive Ian Robson has an open offer to Inglis to be in touch if he has interest in AFL. We know he'd be a natural at rugby - European teams are circling. But it's the NFL interest in Inglis which is most interesting. ''I've had some NFL scouting people be in touch telling me that Greg would be a natural,'' said his manager, Allan Gainey. ''I don't really want to say more than that about it and so far we have not taken it any further. Greg loves league, and the Storm, and he keeps saying he wants to stay if he can.'' Inglis is such a natural athlete that it would be hard to imagine he'd struggle at NFL. What he may struggle with is being homesick. He loves being close to his friends and family. While Gainey would not comment on the chances of his client staying at the Storm, privately those close to him can't see it happening, and it's filtering through to players at rival teams. The rumour is that Darren Lockyer and Petero Civoniceva had quiet words in Inglis's ear during the Test camp to find out if he'd like to join their clubs. My information is that nine NRL clubs have expressed an interest. Those close to the player say he has no worries about being paid the full amount he's on for the remainder of his career at the Storm, regardless of what happens with the club

Paleocon

Guru
He doesn't look white if this is the guy.

http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200703/r132116_439925.jpg

I think he looks mixed, but in some pictures he looks white. It is hard to tell.

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2009/05/06/greg_inglis_wideweb__470x355,0.jpg

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/c6Xu8jv90qF/Melbourne+Storm+Training+Session

Also from Wikipedia:
"Although selected for the Indigenous All Stars side to face the NRL All
Stars in the inauagural [sic] All Stars match on 13 February, Inglis was ruled
out due to a hip injury.
(emphasis mine)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Inglis

Edited by: Paleocon

white is right

Hall of Famer
There have been scouts talking about signing international rugby stars for years. As far as I know only Darren Bennett has stuck with an NFL team. The skill sets are completely different and the body types while similar are different. Bennett made the NFL because in Rugby the drop kick is close to a punt. I remember when scouts used to compare Lomu to Alstott or a Zonk back in the late 90's.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Paleocon said:
He doesn't look white if this is the guy.  http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200703/r132116_439925.jpgI think he looks mixed, but in some pictures he looks white.  It is hard to tell.  http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2009/05/06/greg_inglis_wideweb__470x355,0.jpghttp://www.zimbio.com/pictures/c6Xu8jv90qF/Melbourne+Storm+Training+SessionAlso from Wikipedia:  "Although selected for the Indigenous All Stars side to face the NRL All
Stars in the inauagural [sic] All Stars match on 13 February, Inglis was ruled
out due to a hip injury.  (emphasis mine)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Inglis

Palecon, this dude indeed looks mixed. Definitely not Aryan.
smiley2.gif

foobar75

Master
The NFL is a racist organization, as we know. I can almost guarantee that if there are any plans to target potential rugby players to come play in the NFL, they'll focus on that 10-15% non-white portion (mostly Pacific Islanders). There is no way that any white rugby players will be in any sort of consideration.Edited by: foobar75

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
The good news is the NFL is so racist that the rest of the world other than the U.S, doesn't fall for black supremacist BS to that degree.

Even up here in Canada, although people discuss race less (unless it's investigative journalists or book writers) the analysis of white and black players by fans is much more balanced. I would even hear idiots at bars (while watching basketball in Jersey) just rip into white athletes or make dumb comments like "man...can he jump for a white boy, is he an undercova brutha?" that are almost unheard of to hear in Canada. Unless that is an unoriginal joke from a comedy script lol, when folks say that in Jersey they are often serious!
smiley21.gif

Paleocon

Guru
foobar75 said:
The NFL is a racist organization, as we know. I can almost guarantee that if there are any plans to target potential rugby players to come play in the NFL, they'll focus on that 10-15% non-white portion (mostly Pacific Islanders). There is no way that any white rugby players will be in any sort of consideration.

The recruiting of rugby players would be even more caste-focused than normal college scouting because they wouldn't be looking for great rugby players, they would be looking for raw athletic talent. In their minds that talent would have to be non-white (even if it isn't the most athletic). If some white rugby player puts up impressive measurables then they will immediately start chattering about how rugby is so different from the NFL and how they player will have trouble translating his game to the NFL. Never mind that they are scouting rugby knowing that it doesn't seamlessly translate. However, once they find their non-white prospect the mention of translating rugby skill to the NFL will be a mere aside remark followed by excitement and optimism about getting this guy on the field and see what he can do.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
the NFL has no interest whatsoever in bringing in more White players, foreign or otherwise.
i submit as proof the numerous years of NFL Europe, where a certain number of foreign-born players were required to make each team's roster according to League rules. over the years, several foreign-born athletes were uncovered who had all the physical skills allegedly coveted by NFL general managers ... yet none of the White ones ever even made an NFL training camp roster. "weird," huh?

in particular, i recall a Russian safety who was a terrific athlete. his name was Sergey Ivanov,and as so many "talent experts" insist is important, he "looked the part" (except for his White skin, of course) and was an incredibly raw talent with "tons of upside." what happened to him?

nothing.

the NFL doesn't want fast White men, regardless of where they're born.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The agenda of the NFL is to keep a very limited amount of white skill position players. If the DWF's see a few white receivers here and there plus a few safeties then all is well. Some spectacular talents such as Travis McGriff, Danny Farmer, Mike Hass, Kevin Kasper, and Jared McGrath are allowed into the negro league but quickly disposed of after registering a few receptions or carries. If these players were allowed to start or even get significant playing time they would put a big hole in the caste system. Hass would have probably had a thousand yard season by now if given the opportunity to start which he deserves. McGriff could burn guys deep. Farmer was a tall and athletic receiver who had great hands. Kasper set a few combine records.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
You guys are all spot-on with the comments in this section, but it happens WAY before the NFL. I was watching the local "metro" sports channel the other day and they had the "All city (Kansas City) athletic awards", and EVERY SINGLE ONE was black. They interviewed some black scrub HS running back from one of the area schools, and he was showing his BINS full of offer sheets from D1 universities. He even had a few offering him full-ride scholarships for basketball, and he says, "I's don't even plays bassetball".

Now considering that he's not very good, poor stats, team sucks, it was appalling. Especially considering most of the area schools feature outstanding white backs on teams that actually compete for the championships, and those kids are forced to go NAIA or just quit altogether.
My son was watching, and he, at 13, could outrush this guy, and he was shocked. Welcome to America!!Edited by: FootballDad

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
the evidence supporting Caste Football's position on the NFL's racial practices is abundant, and so is the evidence for any potential "international recruiting." there's so many stories out there, that submitting proof is like proving gravity is real. that being said, this is likely the last post i'll be making in this thread ...

every other race supports their own. take, for example, this story of a polynesian former Utah State player looking for polynesian talent in New Zealand. you'll note that he is looking to help find opportunities for his own kind. that's normal.

it is only idiot White people who don't look out for and support their own.

Kiwi

Inglis is definitely not white - he's part aborigine. There have been several league players who have rumoured to be targeted by NFL teams, all of them polynesian. Willie Mason, Inglis and Manu Vatuvei. I don't think there is any realistic chance of these guys switching over though.

Rugby League is barely played outside Australia and their players don't get that much international recognition, so when they go off contract they raise the possibility of switching to a different code, whether it be Rugby Union, AFL, or the NFL, as a bargaining tool to get a better contract in Rugby League.