Interesting article about Tebow

Kaptain

Master
Why do you think they got him? Are you inferring that the Jets wasted all of the time, energy, and resources efforted to procure him simply to put him on ice? And, that they're putting him on ice because he's a Christian? Couldn't it be, perhaps, that once they kicked the tires, they realized they bought a lemon?

I haven't heard a single NFL coach or NFL teammate, publicly or anonymously, acknowledge that he's a competent quarterback. I doubt we ever will.

The last line is your problem right there. You depend on others to give you "your" opinion. Football isn't some super secret rocket science sport. It's played in every backyard and broadcast on network television at least three days of the week. While you're waiting for your "anoynimous" quote, the rest of us reserve the right to use our own eyes and brains.

So they suddenly realized they bought a lemon huh? Well how could that be? They have all the so-called experts scouting the guy in college and continuing to watch him as a pro. How could the "experts" be wrong? These are the same "experts' that you wait on bended knee to hear their latest anonymous quote. Are you admitting that the "experts" could be wrong after all? So if they were wrong once, can they be wrong again or is it only once? Tell me football genius. When exactly do you decide they are right and when they are wrong?

I've never heard a single NFL coach or teammate, publicly or anonymously, acknowledge that Danny Woodhead is competent enough to be a team's main running back. I've never heard a single NFL coach or teammate, publicly or anonymously, acknowledge that Peyton Hillis could carry a team before he actually did carry a team as a star running back in 2010. In fact, I've never heard a single NFL coach or teammate, publicly or anonymously, acknowledge that white athletes can be just as effective runners as black athletes. Not a single one! You see, two can play the idiot game and base their "opinions" on others' anonimous quotes - but is it still "your" opinion? Now go get your wool trimmed you moron.

Last edited:

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
Warner was 10 times the bully pulpit preacher Tebow could ever be, and everyone was fine with it.

Warner was/is a devout Christian, but he didnt praise Jesus Christ every single time he spoke to the media like Tebow did. If your gonna be a troll with no life at least be accurate in your statements.

There's an old saying " If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck..... ". Tebow was no doubt thrown under the bus in NY but if some people here see a swan than there is not much you can do to look at things from a more logical perspective.

Lets try it this way. If Tebow is given a great supporting cast next year and he gets to be a starter all 16 games; do people here think he will be a Peyton Manning or a Ryan Leaf or somewhere in between? There are thousands of mitigating circumstances obviously but would the MSM still bash him if say he went 10-6 or something regardless of how many tds or interceptions he throws? There is a caste bias among the media but they can't ALL be against him.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
It is my view that the media picked apart Tebow’s passing from the start not because he is an out front Christian, but because he is a Christian with a legion of loyal followers. I think the potential for Tebow to expand his loyal legend of followers irked some media types and probably made some outright paranoid.

No let up in senseless attacks of Tim Tebow

Kaptain

Master
Lets try it this way. If Tebow is given a great supporting cast next year and he gets to be a starter all 16 games; do people here think he will be a Peyton Manning or a Ryan Leaf or somewhere in between? There are thousands of mitigating circumstances obviously but would the MSM still bash him if say he went 10-6 or something regardless of how many tds or interceptions he throws? There is a caste bias among the media but they can't ALL be against him.

The media has proven that it can accomplish just about any feat. 2 + 2 can equal 5 with the right amount of propaganda. If Tebow went 10-6 next year he would most assuridly be bashed by the media. After all he went 7-4 last year and was relentlessly bashed even AFTER a big performance in the playoffs against the best defense in the league. Outside of Skip Bayless he had no media supporters and still doesn't. Don't kid yourself into thinking that can't happen again and again and again.

Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf? Why not Peyton Manning and Jamarcus Russell? - who BTW got much more of a chance than Tebow has.

Last edited:

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
The media has proven that it can accomplish just about any feet. 2 + 2 can equal 5 with the right amount of propaganda. If Tebow went 10-6 next year he would most assuridly be bashed by the media. After all he went 7-4 last year and was relentlessly bashed even AFTER a big performance in the playoffs against the best defense in the league. Outside of Skip Bayless he had no media supporters and still doesn't. Don't kid yourself into thinking that can't happen again and again and again.

Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf? Why not Peyton Manning and Jamarcus Russell? - who BTW got much more of a chance than Tebow has.

All very true. Even if Tebow went 16-0 the media would give his team credit,but not Tim himself. Theyd repeat that it was the coaching, and the teammates that really made the record. Tim was just a piece of the perfect puzzle, and any QB could have success in that offense etc.

Repetition is the key. They just keep pounding the same drum relentlessly until the sheeple begin to chant to the beat. Many sheeple have a fear of being seen as too far out, or extreme. Thats why you see comments like "ALL the experts CANT be wrong!".

The fact is that Tim Tebow is a rare, and frustrating anomaly for the caste system, and its satan worshiping puppet masters. A duel threat "game changing, position revolutionizing" QB. If he was black he would have a team built around him just like Matt Jones, or Eric Crouch would have. Tebow is much better than Scam Newton, and Gremlin the Turd, but he is the wrong color. The puppet masters want the QB position to be revolutionized by a duel threat magical negro. Thats the 1st, and main problem he faces. The super Christianity is the 2nd thorn in the systems side.

Phall

Master
Actually, the fact that you were forced to contort the premise of my argument (i.e. *IF* Warner and Brees had debatable talent relative to their popularity *AND* were outspoken, *THEN* such and such would happen) to try to prove your point (which you didn't.. because realistically, without your contrived contortion actually happening, you could never prove it's viability) you unintentionally strengthened my point.

The jew cries out in pain as he litigates against you.

Neocon

The same inaccuracy that got Micheal Vick 10 years worth in The NFL and Josh Freeman chance after chance........Clever Neocon!

Okay, so let me see if I understand. Micheal (sic) Vick's spending 10 years proving that running quarterbacks can't succeed without accuracy is, in your veiw, the reason other GM's should allow another inaccurate running quarterback to waste 10 of their team's years?

Is that the pristine logic you're trying to convey by invoking Vick's failure? If so, I take back my, albeit sarcastic, "clever" jab. You're anything but.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Okay, so let me see if I understand. Micheal (sic) Vick's spending 10 years proving that running quarterbacks can't succeed without accuracy is, in your veiw, the reason other GM's should allow another inaccurate running quarterback to waste 10 of their team's years?

Is that the pristine logic you're trying to convey by invoking Vick's failure? If so, I take back my, albeit sarcastic, "clever" jab. You're anything but.

I think his point was that Vick got plenty of opportunity despite his shortcomings because he did show promise. Tebow has shown some promise--leading a team to the playoffs--and should be given another shot, no matter what some people think.

Actually the more you think about it the more Tebow and Vick's situation is similar. Tebow has appeal to a certain segment of the fan base--mostly Christians and their sympathisers--perhaps some conservatives, and Vick had his--mostly blacks and thug supporting white people. Both were big apparel/gear sellers, Vick was able to come back based upon the idea that he could sell a lot of shoes. Tebow sells a lot of jerseys. Both get a lot of non-football publicity. Perhaps not the ideal publicity the NFL wants but in the internet age there basically is no bad publicity.

Both are extremely polarizing figures and create strong pro or anti feelings among people. While both are running QB's Vick is elusive and Tebow is strong. Neither appears to be much of a passer, but both have shown capable of winning.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
In other Tebow news McElroy has a concussion so Ryan is going to start Sanchez.

This is the ultimate example of how silly the NFL is. Obviously the Jets have no use for Tebow so the only value he has to them is as trade material. In the old days teams would showcase guys they wanted to trade to help the players value. But Ryan is going all in on his "no Tebow--under no circumstances". Doesn't make much sense. Their season is over, they traded for the guy, they benched the other guy, they should play him. It would be funny if Sanchez got hurt then they would have to play him. Or maybe they still wouldn't. This situation has no commonsense about it.

Neocon

The last line is your problem right there. You depend on others to give you "your" opinion. Football isn't some super secret rocket science sport. It's played in every backyard and broadcast on network television at least three days of the week. While you're waiting for your "anoynimous" quote the rest of us reserve the right to use our own eyes and brains.

Really? Did I say that, or did you? I've seen him play, and he sucks. I see him routinely throw wobbly balls. I see him routinely overthrowing and underthrowing receivers by 10, 20, sometimes 30 feet. I see him throwing balls into the ground, I see him throwing balls out of bounds. You see the same suckage I do, but your subconcious, emotional attachment to him is what's driving your unreleting, unyielding desire to see him achieve. Your Tebow love is what's rendering you incapable of admitting the gaping hole in his talent.

The obvious reason I included "others" (i.e. ACTUAL NFL COACHES, COORDINATORS, AND GM'S) opinions of him is because professional, in-the-know, observers, who's very livelihood is determined on evaluating talent, is that is can effectively buttress NON-NFL'ers opinions. I've never seen him practice. They have.. hour after hour after hour, day after day, week after week, month after month. And those "others" who've addressed his talent (or lack thereof) either publicly or anonymously (or "anoynimous" if you prefer) have all said in the range of he's yet to prove that he has the chops to be a capable NFL quarterback to he sucks and he's awful.

So they suddenly realized they bought a lemon huh? Well how could that be? They have all the so-called experts scouting the guy in college and continuing to watch him as a pro. How could the "experts" be wrong? These are the same "experts' that you wait on bended knee to here their latest anonymous quote. Are you admitting that the "experts" could be wrong after all? So if they were wrong once, can they be wrong again or is it only once? Tell me football genius. When exactly do you decide they are right and when they are wrong?

I bet you wish cherrypicking quotes was an Olympic sport so you could get the Rio gold, eh? Didn't I say they never got him for his arm? And that they ALWAYS stated he was brought in for some sort of wildcat-centric scheme? Didn't you also read me say that the Jets also got him for business purposes as well? That they were tapping into the Tebowite obsession amongst the masses? And NOT because they thought he was the answer? Did you not see me type that? Or did your eyeballs gloss over, and your brain seizured during one of your tri-hourly Tebow/Kaptain Brokeback fantasies while reading my posts?

I've never heard a single NFL coach or teammate, publicly or anonymously, acknowledge that Danny Woodhead is competent enough to be a team's main running back. I've never heard a single NFL coach or teammate, publicly or anonymously, acknowledge that Peyton Hillis could carry a team before he actually did carry a team as a star running back in 2010. In fact, I've never heard a single NFL coach or teammate, publicly or anonymously, acknowledge that white athletes can be just as effective runners as black athletes. Not a single one! You see, two can play the idiot game and base their "opinions" on others' anonimous quotes - but is it still "your" opinion? Now go get your wool trimmed you moron.

Are you now pretending that ANYONE talks about or listens to anything EVER said about Danny Woodhead? Are you seriously gonna sit there and compare the ink Woodhead gets to the ink Tebow gets? Seriously? LOLOL, are you seriously trying to compare the Tebow chatter to the Woodhead chatter? Hahaha, do you think people might be a liiiiiiittle more inspired to talk, positively or negatively, about Tebow than Woodhead?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Curious that Neocon joined a site that supports White athletes mainly to bash Tim Tebow. And now he conveniently has a sidekick that joined for the same reason. Hmmm, what could possibly be the explanation?

dwid

Hall of Famer
the sidekick is posting on other threads besides Tebow, and seems almost identical to someone who was banned, posting on the same exact threads that the other person frequented, must be coincidence. If it looks like a duck...

"I see him routinely overthrowing and underthrowing receivers by 10, 20, sometimes 30 feet. I see him throwing balls into the ground, I see him throwing balls out of boundseone who was banned...if it looks like a duck"

really, did you really see him routinely do this or did you constantly hear about it every single day, because I know I've heard that pretty much every time I put on any sports channel. Did you watch the games he played? you sat there and watched every single Broncos game from the moment Tebow started? Have you watched them more than once? Its funny how he can overthrow Decker by a few yards one game, and throw a couple of balls in the dirt another game and it becomes "routinely" and the figures get exagerrated to 30 feet. The balls in the dirt, you think just maybe, he was a raw player at the time and didn't trust him arm on every throw? by throwing it in the dirt nobody gets a chance to get a hand on it, not even the defender. He was probably trying to aim low and came up short. Its hard to tell because they messed with his mechanics every single week, hard to have consistency there. Nobody messed with Byron Leftwich's wind up motion, and he wasn't mobile like Tebow.

"

Last edited:

dwid

Hall of Famer
speaking of Brees, when has he been the preacher type? Btw they did throw him under the bus after his second season starting he had a slump and they drafted Rivers, well Eli Manning but wound up w Rivers who they were more than happy with, ready to dump Brees and start Rivers as soon as Drew had a terrible game, but it never happened in 2004 and Brees kept his high play up the next year before messing up his shoulder. He fell to the second round coming out because he was 6 foot. The Dolphins chose Culpepper over him after both were coming off of injuries, I beleive they went 1-15 after that. So yes these so called experts are so bright.

The qb position is hard to evaluate so most experts just compare White qbs to other White qbs, if they don't match up they usually declare the qb no good which is why Collin Klein will fall and Blaine Gabbert went so high, Gabbert looks like the prototypical pocket passer with a perfect motion and great arm strength, but IMO he was a lil overrated coming out of college, he often got happy feet and would start scrambling before the pocket even collapsed, right now Tebow would be a better qb, but a completely different style. I wish Gabbert the best but hope Tebow will be starting next year and it looks like Jacksonville is the only team interested. Gabbert hasn't done well, although its too early to write him off. In the meanwhile Tebow took his teams to the playoffs, yes his passes were wobbly, he wasn't the most accurate, keep in mind 21 percent of his passes were over 20 yards, almost 10 percent higher than most NFL qbs. His style of passing was ugly, although his running looked great. He won games. Yes he had a good defense but the defense seems to be better with a great passing attack where they get ahead by 2 or 3 touchdowns and they can pin their ears back and rush the qb, not exactly the type of defense that is best to sit on a 7 point lead for 3 quarters. The ball control offense that the Broncos ran helped keep the scores close, not just the defense. I would have kept playing him until they stopped winning games.

its funny how these standards don't apply to black quarterbacks, if they are not White its - have they shown any remote ability to play the position, even if its just a few flashes and are they over 5'9, although I am sure a 5'9 black quarterback would get a chance some time in the future, for some reason they all get tagged as being mobile and having rocket arms

Last edited:

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
speaking of Brees, when has he been the preacher type? Btw they did throw him under the bus after his second season starting he had a slump and they drafted Rivers, well Eli Manning but wound up w Rivers who they were more than happy with, ready to dump Brees and start Rivers as soon as Drew had a terrible game, but it never happened in 2004 and Brees kept his high play up the next year before messing up his shoulder. He fell to the second round coming out because he was 6 foot. The Dolphins chose Culpepper over him after both were coming off of injuries, I beleive they went 1-15 after that. So yes these so called experts are so bright.

The qb position is hard to evaluate so most experts just compare White qbs to other White qbs, if they don't match up they usually declare the qb no good which is why Collin Klein will fall and Blaine Gabbert went so high, Gabbert looks like the prototypical pocket passer with a perfect motion and great arm strength, but IMO he was a lil overrated coming out of college, he often got happy feet and would start scrambling before the pocket even collapsed, right now Tebow would be a better qb, but a completely different style. I wish Gabbert the best but hope Tebow will be starting next year and it looks like Jacksonville is the only team interested. Gabbert hasn't done well, although its too early to write him off. In the meanwhile Tebow took his teams to the playoffs, yes his passes were wobbly, he wasn't the most accurate, keep in mind 21 percent of his passes were over 20 yards, almost 10 percent higher than most NFL qbs. His style of passing was ugly, although his running looked great. He won games. Yes he had a good defense but the defense seems to be better with a great passing attack where they get ahead by 2 or 3 touchdowns and they can pin their ears back and rush the qb, not exactly the type of defense that is best to sit on a 7 point lead for 3 quarters. The ball control offense that the Broncos ran helped keep the scores close, not just the defense. I would have kept playing him until they stopped winning games.

its funny how these standards don't apply to black quarterbacks, if they are not White its - have they shown any remote ability to play the position, even if its just a few flashes and are they over 5'9, although I am sure a 5'9 black quarterback would get a chance some time in the future, for some reason they all get tagged as being mobile and having rocket arms

Man dwid as usual very very well said. So many great points, and so unarguable!

The Hock

Master
If the decision to not play Tebow is solely his, this Ryan guy is proving himself to be a complete ass. The season is shot anyway, and it would be the only way to make the last game meaningful and interesting. Give the fans what they want, which is certainly no more of Mark "El Fracoso" Sanchez. You might be giving them Tebow's head on a platter, but just throw him out there to the lions. Have some fun. Maybe they're afraid he'll pull one out of the hat on them.

And by the way, as far as the Christian thing, what plays in San Diego, New Orleans, or St. Louis might not play that well in rhymes with New York City. I'm pretty sure Tebow is of the Zionist friendly brand of Christianity, so maybe he could calm some fears by beginning his answers to questions with "First of all I'd like to say I love Israel..."

L

Lew

If the decision to not play Tebow is solely his, this Ryan guy is proving himself to be a complete ass. The season is shot anyway, and it would be the only way to make the last game meaningful and interesting. Give the fans what they want, which is certainly no more of Mark "El Fracoso" Sanchez. You might be giving them Tebow's head on a platter, but just throw him out there to the lions. Have some fun. Maybe they're afraid he'll pull one out of the hat on them.

And by the way, as far as the Christian thing, what plays in San Diego, New Orleans, or St. Louis might not play that well in rhymes with New York City. I'm pretty sure Tebow is of the Zionist friendly brand of Christianity, so maybe he could calm some fears by beginning his answers to questions with "First of all I'd like to say I love Israel..."

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Kaptain

Master
Once the GM, Coach Ryan, the OC, and the QB coach finally got under the hood and checked him out, they realized he wasn't any good.

Here's me "cherry-picking" your actual words again. So what was it? Did they get Tebow for the attention and media frenzy while always knowing he sucked, or did they get him and then "get under the hood" and realize that all their "expert" scouting was dead wrong? It's too bad your contradictory words make you out to look like a total retard. Now go back to playing footsy with Rexy boy and those other geniuses of the vaunted Jets offensive that you love so much. You couldn't have quoted a better group of "experts" to give you "your" opinion.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Did anyone actually think the Jets were going to give Tebow a chance? the Jets are the biggest Castewhores in football. While most teams just ignore white players, the Jets go a step farther they take in the white players and then don't let them play. Two perfect examples are Jim Leonhart and Danny Woodhead.
Leonhart was the guy they first gave him a starting position and then they were constanly drafting DB that were being groomed to replace him. They were constanly pointing out his lack of athletism.
Their treament of Danny Woodhead was even worse. Woodhead did great as an all-purpose back in limited carries both in the regular season and in the preseason. So a a reward they moved him to another postition WR that the had to learn in a short time. When he did okay with that the moved him to special teams. Each time he did well they moved him to another postion, using the excuse that he didn't have the size for it. At one point they were going to try him as a gunner on special team. The gunner is the guy who runs downfield on kickoffs tring to break up tackles, and if often considered one of the most dangerous positions in football.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Did anyone actually think the Jets were going to give Tebow a chance? the Jets are the biggest Castewhores in football. While most teams just ignore white players, the Jets go a step farther they take in the white players and then don't let them play. Two perfect examples are Jim Leonhart and Danny Woodhead.
Leonhart was the guy they first gave him a starting position and then they were constanly drafting DB that were being groomed to replace him. They were constanly pointing out his lack of athletism.
Their treament of Danny Woodhead was even worse. Woodhead did great as an all-purpose back in limited carries both in the regular season and in the preseason. So a a reward they moved him to another postition WR that the had to learn in a short time. When he did okay with that the moved him to special teams. Each time he did well they moved him to another postion, using the excuse that he didn't have the size for it. At one point they were going to try him as a gunner on special team. The gunner is the guy who runs downfield on kickoffs tring to break up tackles, and if often considered one of the most dangerous positions in football.

NO, but the hope was that if Sanchez faltered as he did, Tebow would get an opportunity as he did in Denver. Sanchez did indeed fail, but Tebow never got his shot. Maybe if the recent trend continues; (Woodhead, Leonhard), that the Jets let talented white players go, that Tebow lands on a team that will give him a chance and becomes successful as Woodhead and Leonhard have.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I think Tebow will ultimately end up in Jacksonville. That will be the best case scenario as the owner wants him there.

The media that rips him apart and the broadcasters that blame Tebow for Sanchez's piss poor performances during games are pathetic and misguided. But such is human nature as it is easier to heap on with the rest of the crowd rather than think logically about the situation.

Tebow's performance last season in Denver was really entertaining for me - it was fun to see him win games and prove everyone wrong. This season has really lost its luster as it has gone on in comparison to last season.

Gibbon

Guru
I don't know how good Tebow will end up being. The bottom line is that he deserves to start somewhere next season and Rex Ryan deserves to be unemployed and Jets management liquidated.

7-4 as a starter for the Broncos and a playoff bid. And on a team that was formerly 1-4. That's the relevant stat. As a winner he's put Cam Newton to shame and his record thus far will even remain competitive with this most recent class of "phenom" rookies.

Not asking for much. Put the kid in Jacksonville. Yeah, give him nothing and see what he comes up with. No All Pro running back to keep the defense honest, no league leading defense to save his ass, no fancy receivers, no All Pro OL. Just get him out of that NY viper pit. Then we will know.

And BTW, I wouldn't trust Rex Ryan to kick the tires of a tricycle. Especially if it wasn't the tricycle he asked Santa for and like the low IQ, emotionally stunted, "Man"-Child he is, spent the year squandering the reputation and resources of his organization so as not to be proven wrong.

His biggest nightmare, 6 games out from the end of the season, was that both his third stringer and first stringer got hurt. His biggest nightmare was that he would be FORCED to play Tebow AND that Tebow would succeed.

Rex's reputation will need a few seasons to recover from this debacle, however, had he played Tebow when it was too late for the season AND Tebow had succeeded, this cat wouldn't be able to get a job at a concession stand in this league and HE KNEW IT. There was no kicking of the tires during practice. Get real, buddy.

As for the players that stabbed Tebow in the back and their credibility? Yeah, real tough for some motivated, tendentious NY journalist (who gets physical ill thinking about a good looking, out-spoken, chaste, white Christian quarterback) to find a few jealous, disgruntled blacks in a scummy NY Jets locker room during a losing season. Real tough. But then again, knowing people, who took that seriously?

The only honest evaluation that's occurred with Tebow thus far in this league is last season with the Broncos. Let the kid play.

And stop fantasizing about him "buried" on some team with no chance of playing however unfair that might be to poor lil' Timmy Tebow. Or better yet, kicked out of the league based on a Rex Ryan assessment of his abilities during practice.

But I bet he'll get his chance to be as good as he is capable of being.

Damn, it's a shame not everything can be as unfair and uncool as Guantanamo bay or Palestine, huh, Neocon Scumbag? "Yeah we kicked the tires on those Palestinians and it turns out they don't deserve rights or even to be classified as human beings."

And I am calling you that because you have in fact named yourself Neocon. I know a little redundant. The scumbag part. But if the shoe fits... Otherwise I definitely would have kept it football. As you should, the next time you troll in here. That Neocon handle doesn't help the credibility much.

Last edited:

Gibbon

Guru
Yea, and if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a bicycle. In theory, "if" is one of the most useless, most inconsequential words in the english lexicon. You can throw "if" into your reasoning all day and night, but it doesn't change the fact that Brees and Warner haven't been subjected to the avalanche of criticism Tebow has. Warner was 10 times the bully pulpit preacher Tebow could ever be, and everyone was fine with it.

Yea, and if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a bicycle. In theory, "if" is one of the most useless, most inconsequential words in the english lexicon. You can throw "if" into your reasoning all day and night, but it doesn't change the fact that Brees and Warner haven't been subjected to the avalanche of criticism Tebow has.

You don't deny the charge that you would throw them under the bus so you implicitly concede the point. At least you realize your obviously lack of credibitly prevents you from lying on this point. Though more likely it's your anti-Christian pride. Because certainly you'd prefer to be able to say "yeah I would throw those Christians under the bus" just like "I'd be pleased to spit on them if I saw them wearing a cross in Israel". Deny that one. Tell us how cool you are with Christianity. Because again this is all conjecture on my part.

Also, your contention that "if" is a frivolous word is absurd as I am sure you must know. "If" is quite an important word. If A than B. "Conditionals" as they are called are the fundament of logic and logical argumentation. I'll abstain from the obvious ad hominem here.

"Warner was 10 times the bully pulpit preacher Tebow could ever be, and everyone was fine with it."

Where is your statistical evidence for this claim? Tebow has become virtually synonymous with evangelical Christianity. Christianity is his "brand". Warner's primary media storyline was, at least initially, of the stock boy turned Superbowl quarterback.

Warner is ten times as outspoken a Christian as Tebow? You stand by that totally absurd claim? Is this based on number of Church appearances? Warner is many years Tebow's Senior so perhaps he has supported Church related charities and been to Churches more often. But even if this difference in their Christianity somehow measurable, you are being deliberately dishonest if you deny that Tebow has been our most Christian player in the league thus far. Whether this is reality or a media construction is quite beside the point. After all it's his reputation, whether deserved or not, that would lead people to hold any bias against him.

And you deliberately ignored (or were incapable of understanding) my stipulation. You would throw these other player's under the bus "if (there's that word again) their talent had become in any degree debatable relative to their popularity and outspokenness as Christians." Warner won a Super Bowl nearly immediately before most of the country was aware of any especially salient brand of Christianity. His talent wasn't debatable during his years of success. I admit that Tebow is still an X factor and have never claimed otherwise.

Last edited: