Inequity in Sport & The Role Androgens

White_Savage

Mentor
Shall we lay it on the line?

Why don't you just be honest and label this piece "White physical inferiority: A scientfic explanation OR: Why there is no Caste System" and otherwise quit dancing behind the most technical language you can muster?

And when some groups fail to display predicted physical inferiority or superiority in some performance categories, such as the issue with whites, blacks and strength events, that's not an anciallary point or cherry picking, that's a serious flaw in your argument that needs to be answered.

Another serious flaw is a lack of explanation is how physical inferiority could ever represent an evolutionary advantage. Physical difference, say strength proving more important than speed for certain people in certain enviroments, might be possible, but how could X people ever stake out a place for themselves in primordial times if Y physically superior people could easily have wrested it away from them?

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I don't know how you guys even manage to pay attention to the argument and keep this thread going. From what I've gathered, JGG is saying "white people suck at athletics (especially the blondes)!" but takes multiple posts of 100 paragraphs or so to say it.
smiley5.gif

smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

Kaptain

Master
Well said White Savage and Shogun. I just wantedJGS to have the guts to state his false theory. Neoteny in Vikings? Wow - that ones out there.

Rob Konrad He recently retired (due to injuries) never having an opportunity to prove his running skills.
Salute to Konrad:
portrait_konrad_r.jpg
Edited by: hollywoodnorth

G

sigh,

For Christ sake, anyone with even an incomplete highschool education (at least here in Canada; I don't know, is there some sort of cultural miscongruity taking place here?) can quickly locate the thesis in even the most verbose, pretentious, masturbatory meanderings...as I am (very admittedly & tongue-in-cheekily) wont to write. I say, if an informal forum isn't the place for pedantic wordiness, I don't know where the hell is. The title says quite clearly:

"Racial inequity in sport and the role of exogenous androgens"

This isclearlyexpandedin the opening and closing paragraphs, as is the rule in any thesis written from the 9th grade-onward. All the wandering, anecdotal excreta in the middle is peripheral (as anyone who might "have plenty of education" - as semantic genius KaptainKoop says he does - should know well enough.) It's really comical the way you people 'cherry-pick' your lynchpins here and there. Here, I'll spell it out in "lay" terms...

point 1:> YOU EVER NOTICE HOW, LIKE, ALL SPORTS ARE PRETTY MUCH CHOCK-FULL OF 'ROIDS THESE DAYS???

point 2:> YOU EVER NOTICE HOW DIFFERENT KINDS OF PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT IN ALL KINDS OF DIFFERENT WAYS, EVEN WAYS YOU NEVER THOUGHT OF???

point 3:> YOU EVER NOTICE HOW THE DIFFERENT THINGS PEOPLE PUT IN THEIR BODIES CAN AFFECT THEM IN DIFFERENT WAYS, ALMOST, LIKE BECAUSE OF THEIR RACE AND ALL THAT? LIKE HOW BOOZ SEEMS TO REALLY MESS UP NATIVE INDIANS, AND ALOT OF CHINESE PEOPLE CAN'T HANDLE MILK, AND SOME RACES OF PEOPLE SEEM TO GET FAT & DIABETIC OFF THE SAME STUFF THAT OTHER RACES CAN EAT PLENTY OF, LIKE HIGH-CARB GRAINS AND SUCH, AND BE JUST FINE? OR HOW SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO REALLY LIKE CRACK-COCAINE...I MEAN REALLY LIKE CRACK-COCAINE?

point 4:> YOU EVER NOTICE THAT SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO GET REALLYHUGE OFF 'ROIDS A BUGGER OF A LOT EASIER THAN OTHER PEOPLE?

point 5.> YOU SUPPOSE THEIR MIGHT BE A PATTERN WITH 'ROIDS, KINDA LIKE THE PATTERNS WITH BOOZ & MILK & FRIED BREAD & CRACK?

point 6.> YOU THINK THERE COULD BE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN ALL THEM STEROIDS THAT STARTED COMING OUT, ESPECIALLY AFTER THE '60S, AND ALL THE UNFAIR STUFF GOING ON IN SPORTS?

The thesis of my post was actually quite a simple thing that occured to me not long ago, and which I figured might shed some light on the apparent inequality in pro sport today. Indeed, it seems pretty much just the sort of thing you paranoiacs might latch onto and refer to in future posts...

sample post:

"The only reason (misc. black player) gets to start over (misc. white player) is cuz '****** take to the juice better...got nothing to do with smarts or grit or Grecian aesthetic ideal. I hope they get rid of all that juice in sports soon, so it can be a level playing field again."

I suppose it should come as no surprise that the only poster submitting even remotely intelligible retorts to my conjectures is also from Canada. Since this board so transparently loves toconvey the implicit lack of intellect & self-control, and inherent criminality in certain ethnic groups (traits we Canadians just love when welcoming Americans to our country, by the way) perhaps I could start another thread here along these same lines, and you all can lynch me with your mindbendingly well-constructed arguments...

"Are Americans' Pedestrian Intellects and Borderline Illiteracy Genetic/Racial or a product of some Diabolical Social Engineering Plot???"

http://www.johntaylorgatto.com/chapters/2c.htm

G

I pointed out the whole CB thing for the simple reason that it's bloody well under the mast-head on your home-page. It popped into my head that Sehorn, Case, Kaesviharn, Franz, Hlavacek and Lukins were all pretty dark dudes, despite the fact that there are plenty of good, fairer-complected athletes about. The point, Hollywood, is that Hlavacek at least had a shot in training camp, as I recall, and wasn't shifted immediately to S, as was the case with Lukins. These guys have had good careers in the AFL. Kern also came pretty close to making the DET roster, but has since been converted to S in the NFLE. I was merely pointing out a demographic-specific pattern. Maybe the sight of a dark-haired, dark-eyed free-agent/prospect walking into the GM's office is somewhat less offensive to management at some subconscious level? Maybe the more southerly types tend to longer limb ratios, and this has some benefit in the CB position? I seem to recall carleton coon theorizing about relative impulse reaction times related to brown-versus-blue-eyed caucasians? I haven't read his sh*t in years; look it up your own damn selves. It's no secret that more Northerly types tend to an 'introspective, less reactionary impulse'...red-headed women notwithstanding of course, but they're a whole kettle of fish.

If you doubt the mixed lineage of "Anglo-Saxons"...

http://racialreality.shorturl.com/

read the sections on "Britons"

I'm sure some of you are already familiar with, and got a hate on for this guy...

Neotenous Vikings? I dunno about the mythological vikings, but neoteny is a fact of hominid evolution, and if you cannot deduct the strategic benefit of neoteny within a cultural construct, I'm sure as hell not going to spell it out for you here. READ READ READ.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Jervey,

For a guy who likes to write you sure don't like criticism much. I would think it would just give you a chance to write more.

As for the relative intelligence of Canadians vs. Americans I have only one comment "Don Cherry"!

My two cents worth. I don't think darker skinned white people are more athletic then lighter skinned white people else Italians and Spainards would win a lot of European athletic events (they don't). Your point that darker skinned whites might be more favorably looked upon by the NFL is spot on, see JB Cash article "Hostile Work Environment"

Also: Chis Kern has been mentioned a couple of times. He DID make the Lions roster for a brief time. He was explicitly praised for his "speed" by the Detroit media, which is extremely rare for a white player. The miserable Detroit secondary could have used him last year and I have no idea why he was cut but it may have something to do with a "Hostile Work Environment"

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Actually, I didn't perceive his comments as anti-caucasian in their entirety; I saw them as anti-nordic, although even "anti-" is a strong word. I just didn't care for the uh, 'pedantic wordiness' of his posts. I'm not impressed with big words and long arguments to make a point that can be expressed so easily, in layman's terms, as Hollywood writes here:

I think what he is actually getting at, is implying a possible athletic advantage (he rationalized this on the basis of evolution and degrees of neoteny)of whites belonging to a southerly (European), dark-complexioned Caucasian stock relative to whites belonging to northern (European), blond, fair-skinned ethnicities.

Jerv writes:
I say, if an informal forum isn't the place for pedantic wordiness, I don't know where the hell is.

You might be better off using that there 'peedantic wordiness' youre so fond of at one of them high-falutin' universidys ya got up there in Canuda, since us 'mericans done understand what the hell a kid doctor has to do with sports neeway.

smiley17.gif
smiley2.gif