Illegitimate Double Standard

Triad

Mentor
With all the illegitimate offspring produced by professional athletes over the last 25 years ESPN has decided to make a big story out of Matt Leinart's ex girlfriend carrying a baby. A lead story on their website, on Sportscenter, and on PTI. In my opinion this is extremely personal and irrelevant for a sports channel. Leinart hasn't committed on the situation but this private matter is everywhere now.

Why stop now, why not have Chris Berman host a Bastard Report and discussion before every Monday Night football game.

LinkEdited by: Triad

Bart

Hall of Famer
Triad said:
Why stop now, why not have Chris Berman host a Bastard Report and discussion before every Monday Night football game.

Would Berman be interested in hosting a show about the NFL's black bastards? I don't think so.

I remember when this was shocking. Michael Jordan had two kids out of wedlock before he married their mother. I found it funny how the Chicago media would cover up this fact.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
There are so many it would take too long to film and they wouldn't be able to schedule a block of time to air it. Maybe a mini-series? Who'd advertise on such a program? Trojan Condoms? Early pregnancy tests? Paternity lawyers? Tag Body Spray?
smiley36.gif

While we're at it, let's do a show on players who've been busted before the Super Bowl soliciting prostitutes. Throw in a few cases of domestic violence, an indictment or two for murder, some drug possession with intent, should be a well-rounded, albeit 24 hour long marathon of sordid TV.

cleverone

Well, if she would have been raped by Kobe than everything would have been OK. She would also have been labeled a slut for letting herself get raped and accusing a star negro.

In early 1989, it was a big National Story when ex-baseball star Steve Garvey made two women pregnant at the same time. The story was carried everywhere and Garvey was universally condemned. Garvey lost a job, as I recall.

At the same time, O.J. Simpson was arrested for assaulting his wife. The Simpson story was buried on the back pages of the LA Times and wasn't covered anywhere else. Simpson was kept on by NBC and Hertz. There was no thought of dropping him from his corporate jobs. It took two murders for that to finally happen.

white is right

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
There are so many it would take too long to film and they wouldn't be able to schedule a block of time to air it. Maybe a mini-series? Who'd advertise on such a program? Trojan Condoms? Early pregnancy tests? Paternity lawyers? Tag Body Spray?
smiley36.gif

While we're at it, let's do a show on players who've been busted before the Super Bowl soliciting prostitutes. Throw in a few cases of domestic violence, an indictment or two for murder, some drug possession with intent, should be a well-rounded, albeit 24 hour long marathon of sordid TV.
Sean Kemp could have his own show.......
smiley36.gif
The media made a big deal about Garvey because he was white and "Mr Clean", but I definately think that Kemp must have topped him with his 9. I bet he has their names taped to his fridge.....
smiley36.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
stephon marbury had, i believe, 13 illegitimate kids by the end of his freshman year at Georgia Tech. the guy was more fertile than Forrest Gump.
smiley36.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
stephon marbury had, i believe, 13 illegitimate kids by the end of his freshman year at Georgia Tech. the guy was more fertile than Forrest Gump.
smiley36.gif
That could be why he turned pro, all of the illegal booster envelopes still couldn't feed those kids....
smiley36.gif
smiley5.gif
smiley11.gif

foreverfree

Mentor
Jimmy Chitwood said:
smiley36.gif

I saw (actually rented) Forrest Gump and I never paid attention to the quantity of Forrest's brood. Did I miss something? (I didn't read the novel.)

John

Bart

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
stephon marbury had, i believe, 13 illegitimate kids by the end of his freshman year at Georgia Tech.

If that is true, he is a reprehensible snake.