How has Brazil done well in past world cups?

referendum

Mentor
With the stunningly poor performances of black or partially black teams on display for all the world to see in South Africa, I'm wondering how it is that Brazil with its partially black teams has such a good soccer history in international play. Could it be that it always has enough white players to raise up the play of its black ones? Perhaps with white players alongside, and perhaps without as much racial animosity as likely pervades the English and "French" teams, the black Brazilians play better alongside the white Brazilians. Anyway, I'd like to hear from some soccer experts about the roots for Brazil's historic successes.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I know the 94' championship was primarily White and Mestizo. I don't think they had one full blooded ******* that was a significant player and had maybe a few mulattos. The recent teams have had more mulattos and African looking players.

Perhaps this isn't caste football talk, but Black players aren't inherently bad, and i don't believe that they always need white players to raise their game. Brazil has always been a success due its culture of soccer, and high population.

Generally, as throughout all of south America, the professional players tend to come from a lower socio-economic background, and hence there is tendency for more blacks to be on the team (as blacks, and metzitos across all of the continent are almost universally poorer than whites). This also explains why there are so many metzitos on the Chiliean team, despite Chile being a predominantly white country.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
accesscrimea said:
Perhaps this isn't caste football talk, but Black players aren't inherently bad, and i don't believe that they always need white players to raise their game. Brazil has always been a success due its culture of soccer, and high population.

Generally, as throughout all of south America, the professional players tend to come from a lower socio-economic background, and hence there is tendency for more blacks to be on the team (as blacks, and metzitos across all of the continent are almost universally poorer than whites). This also explains why there are so many metzitos on the Chiliean team, despite Chile being a predominantly white country.

black players aren't inherently bad players, but they certainly play better with a White leader or two handling the ball a lot. there are very, very few instances in any team sport where an all-black team does well. perhaps the only instances that can be found is in the NBA, where all-black starting lineups are almost required. at least off the top of my head, i can't think of another successful team that didn't have some White playmakers.

also, if so many soccer players come from poor backgrounds why is it that in America soccer (and its dominant White players) are considered a suburban, rich boy's game? i'm not trying to argue or anything like that, but i'm trying to point out the ridiculousness of the caste system.

it doesn't matter what the facts are, in today's media blitzif a sport (or team)has a lot of White players, then it isn't legitimate. and it must be racism that keeps the non-Whites from succeeding.

Rebajlo

Mentor
Referendum - Brazil have always had a significant black, mulatto, et cetera, component in their national teams.

Here is the entire Brazilian squad posing before the kick-off of the 2002 World Cup final (won 2-0 against Germany):

2006-06-06__sports01.jpg

Here's the Brazilian first eleven prior to the 1994 World Cup final (won on 3-2 on penalties against Italy following a 0-0 draw):

01_brasilien1994_en,property=original.jpg

Brazil's 1970 World Cup winning team (4-1 against Italy):

Brazil.1970.jpg

1958 World Cup winning team (5-2 against Sweden):

01_brasilien_1958_en,property=original.jpg

Here are a few of thegreatest Brazilian players:

ZICO:

article-1190600-0532B25C000005DC-196_468x657.jpg

RIVELINO:

11111.jpg

TOSTAO:

brazil%201970%20world%20cup%20team.jpg